Banter TRTT Part 15: David KOCH on Epstein List!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Last week Roy and HG on The Weekly pushed the benefit of Lang Park for the opening ceremony of the Olympics and might have given away a couple of ideas for the opening ceremony.

Lol watching bounce patrol with the kid. So much going on here. They are meant to be doing "oink oink" for a pig here in old mcdonalds farm.

One appears to be in the early stages of ejaculation while the other looks like he is yelling I HATE YOU to Obi Wan Kenobi.

Messenger_creation_1feb0613-24da-470f-8dd3-c09806ecd0d6.jpeg Attach29218_20240412_143216.jpg 20240412_143116.jpg

Roy will be 79 and HG 84 when the Brisbane Games are on. I wonder if they will still be in top form to repeat their Sydney 2000 effort with The Dream or whatever they might call it. If they do there will be a generation of international broadcasters that wont know what hit the Olympics.

Roy will be 79 and HG 84 when the Brisbane Games are on. I wonder if they will still be in top form to repeat their Sydney 2000 effort with The Dream or whatever they might call it. If they do there will be a generation of international broadcasters that wont know what hit the Olympics.

They'll have to get a new name for the wombat - 'Fatso' isn't be acceptable any more. Not sure the 'hello boys' in the wrestling will pass muster either.

This is awful. A mother and her baby among those stabbed.

Walked out of a Sydney shopping centre (not that one) with my 18 month old, turn the car radio on to hear this news. Mortified. Can’t even imagine the terror that family is going through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melt alert:

Jesus Christ the absolute state of the real estate/rental industry. I dunno if anyone else has gone through the process of renting lately, but it's an absolute shitshow. The ACCC needs to pull their finger out. Basically property managers have outsourced doing any work to third party data scrapers like 2Apply, Snug, Sorted, etc. I mean it's bad enough to begin with you have to give your entire life history to some snotty 20 year old property manager with no idea to begin with. But these third party apps require s**t like what type of car you drive, what's your registration, what's your mother's maiden name, where does your pet go to the vet, where were you working 5 years ago. To make matters worse, it's all automated so every single ******* time you apply, your contacts/references get spammed with requests to verify. This could be someone you worked for 3 years ago. All these garbage sites also try to upsell you on s**t like PAYING for having a background check done, and PAYING for them to save your data? Are you ******* kidding me? With the recent data breaches in this country there's no way these dogshit sites aren't flogging your data off anyway.
Oh, and that's even if the clunky, buggy mess of an application even lets you submit, and doesn't freeze up halfway through or not let you progress because a link is broken.
It's gone from filling in a couple of pages of a form that takes 10 minutes, to literal HOURS of work, uploading bank statements, payslips, rates notices, a copy of your astrological chart etc. it's utterly diabolical and just serves to reinforce that anyone who isnt a property owner is to be treated as subhuman scum.
A truly distopian nightmare.

Last edited:
Applying for a home loan isn't that much different these days...

Good thing the loan guy for us was also in to cars so when I disclose the ridiculously irrelevant data of what cars we own he was very excited by the HQ and got talking about his utes. There's no doubt in my mind that stuff like this always works on one's favour, finding some sort of interest or common ground with the person who approves your s**t.

Of course, the key part of this though was that there was a human on the other end.

I think a reasonable person would expect to have to jump through a few hoops in order to borrow hundreds of thousands of dollars. Arranging to rent a roof over your head for the next 12 months shouldn’t really be in the same ballpark.

I think a reasonable person would expect to have to jump through a few hoops in order to borrow hundreds of thousands of dollars. Arranging to rent a roof over your head for the next 12 months shouldn’t really be in the same ballpark.
Hundreds of thousands of dollars? How much do you think a home costs???

Good thing the loan guy for us was also in to cars so when I disclose the ridiculously irrelevant data of what cars we own he was very excited by the HQ and got talking about his utes. There's no doubt in my mind that stuff like this always works on one's favour, finding some sort of interest or common ground with the person who approves your s**t.

Of course, the key part of this though was that there was a human on the other end.

It was definitely less difficult providing the required information for a mortgage. And yeah, it doesn't seem unreasonable when you're borrowing hundreds of thousands of dollars. Doing it so you can spend $600 a week for the privilege of living in some slumlords poorly maintained 1970s uninsulated shitbox is a bit of a stretch though.

NSW fair trading lists this:
When a prospective tenant puts in an application
Collect information only where reasonably necessary
The Australian Privacy Principles – and privacy laws and guidance globally – emphasise the importance of not collecting more data than reasonably necessary for the purpose it is collected for.

This is known as ‘data minimisation’, which is an important concept that can help reduce privacy and security risks and impacts. For example, collecting more personal information than is necessary may increase the risk of harm to an individual in the event of a data breach. Holding large amounts of personal information may also increase the risk of unauthorised access by internal or external sources. Organisations should only collect the minimum amount of information that is reasonably necessary in the circumstances.’

In the context of collecting information from a tenancy applicant, some personal information may be reasonably necessary to collect because it is needed to:

confirm the tenant’s identity
establish that prospective tenant/s who are listed on the lease would be able to pay the rent for the property when it falls due
demonstrate that the tenant is likely to look after the property.

I Think most people would agree that's fair. The current process is so far removed from that it's ridiculous.

Melt alert:

Jesus Christ the absolute state of the real estate/rental industry. I dunno if anyone else has gone through the process of renting lately, but it's an absolute shitshow. The ACCC needs to pull their finger out. Basically property managers have outsourced doing any work to third party data scrapers like 2Apply, Snug, Sorted, etc. I mean it's bad enough to begin with you have to give your entire life history to some snotty 20 year old property manager with no idea to begin with. But these third party apps require s*t like what type of car you drive, what's your registration, what's your mother's maiden name, where does your pet go to the vet, where were you working 5 years ago. To make matters worse, it's all automated so every single ****** time you apply, your contacts/references get spammed with requests to verify. This could be someone you worked for 3 years ago. All these garbage sites also try to upsell you on s*t like PAYING for having a background check done, and PAYING for them to save your data? Are you ****** kidding me? With the recent data breaches in this country there's no way these dogshit sites aren't flogging your data off anyway.
Oh, and that's even if the clunky, buggy mess of an application even lets you submit, and doesn't freeze up halfway through or not let you progress because a link is broken.
It's gone from filling in a couple of pages of a form that takes 10 minutes, to literal HOURS of work, uploading bank statements, payslips, rates notices, a copy of your astrological chart etc. it's utterly diabolical and just serves to reinforce that anyone who isnt a property owner is to be treated as subhuman scum.
A truly distopian nightmare.
Having worked in an allied industry for 10 plus years you are right on the money re the lack of quality of property managers.

Regularly, and particularly with some of the bigger agents, approximately 12-15 years ago those jobs were given to 20 yo office types with zero life experience who would panic if a property was empty for a few days, and then grab the first tenant who applied.

I have seen some horrific situations, including a long dead rat on the bathroom floor of a unit that the tenant would have had to straddle every morning to get to the basin, a spare bedroom turned into a bird aviary, jocks complete with skid marks hung in the front window, kitchen cupboards ripped off walls, doors hanging off hinges, impact damage to every internal wall, floor coverings destroyed etc, etc, etc, much of which could have been prevented or at least reduced with proper regular inspections.

Another get out which was highly illegal is that until that loophole was closed some property managers were reportedly taking unpaid rent from the bond money.

The end result of all of the above is that due to continuous complaints from landlords who had their properties trashed and months of rent left unpaid it has now gone the other way, and legitimate and potential quality tenants have to go through the inquisition you are now experiencing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back