Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

Mine was/is weird

Currently the facial hair is uneven but I've still got colour amongst the few white specs. But even in my 20s it changed colour (kind of like a dark grey) for a while before it reverted back to the natural colour.

When I grew my hair I'd occasionally grow out some brown tips (sun kissed hair lol) along the front.

You're better off just embracing the grey hair and pretending it's silver than trying to fight it and dying your hair with Just For Men.

Wil Anderson was dying his hair black for a while and it looked ridiculous, he's come to his senses now and gone with the silver fox look.
Jimmy Carr's looked fake even before he got the hair plugs due to dying it. Now it's plugs and died...

Jimmy Carr's looked fake even before he got the hair plugs due to dying it. Now it's plugs and died...

Jimmy also got some fake teeth to go with the fake hair.

jc-jimmy-carr-teeth.jpg

At least he doesn't deny it and takes the piss out of himself for all the work he has had done.

Jimmy also got some fake teeth to go with the fake hair.

jc-jimmy-carr-teeth.jpg

At least he doesn't deny it and takes the piss out of himself for all the work he has had done.

Now he just looks old.

Surprised he'd be the sort who'd be vain.

When I started high school
Acid wash jeans, desert boots and a mullet was standard uniform
Grey short sleeve shirt and a tracksuit material jumper
Oh and when it was cold black bomber jacket

Then it was Stussy pants and rollers

Then the school rebranded to a secondary college and they went to slacks and black leather shoes, white shirt and knitted vneck sweater much to the disgust of all of us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm at the age when the clothes I used to wear as a teenager are cool again. But I will NOT wear capris and double layered singlet tops ever again, I WILL NOT
Napoleon dynamite is a pretty good picture of what the late 80s and early 90s fashion looked like.

Which is funny because apparently 2004 Idaho was still rocking that look

I'm at the age when the clothes I used to wear as a teenager are cool again. But I will NOT wear capris and double layered singlet tops ever again, I WILL NOT
I’m waiting for happy pants and hypercolour tshirts to be in again.

I'm still waiting for the grunge era to make a comeback so I can dig out my old flannel shirts.

Kids don't know what desert boots are any more...

I had a pair of desert boots when I was a kid but I never wore them to school.

I had to wear the proper black school shoes in my first couple of years of primary school and then I just wore sneakers from then on.

My high school had a pretty slack dress code, the only rules were that you had to wear red, white or black which were our school colours.

Our school footy team wore red, white and black St Kilda style jumpers which is one of the reasons I chose to support St Kilda back then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back