Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

I mentioned Bata Scouts today to a sea of blank looks

Then I doubled down to Grosby Shoes

Theyre great mate

Blank

Real ones will start a conversation about their ongoing lament for the discontinuation of the KT26.

Povvo bogans my age and above still aren't over it :(

Did you ever play HERO on Atari ?
Loved that game

I remember I think I was about 10
I made a pretty awesome score one time ( played all day and night to get it ) and I think there was a competition on and if you sent in a photo of your high score you won some prize

Anyway I got the photo , took the film to the chemist to get processed then waited a couple of weeks for the prints to return.

Finally got them back and the one I wanted was black
Devastated !
I clocked Asteroids twice. Didn't get a photo the first time, so kept going until reaching it again.

Have a very blurry photo in an old album somewhere...

I clocked Asteroids twice. Didn't get a photo the first time, so kept going until reaching it again.

I managed to clock the orange double screen Donkey Kong, it may well have been the personal highlight of my 1983.

Loved Asteroids

Amazing how spinning a little ship around shooting rocks was entertaining for hours on end compared to something as complex as Fortnite now

Yes I’m 53 and I play Fortnite occasionally.
I’m so bad at it though 😬

I managed to clock the orange double screen Donkey Kong, it may well have been the personal highlight of my 1983.

I clocked that too plus Donkey Kong II, they were the iPads of the 80s that kept us kids occupied in the back seat on long boring car trips.

Call it silver and you can be a silver fox

You're better off just embracing the grey hair and pretending it's silver than trying to fight it and dying your hair with Just For Men.

Wil Anderson was dying his hair black for a while and it looked ridiculous, he's come to his senses now and gone with the silver fox look.

Loved Asteroids

Amazing how spinning a little ship around shooting rocks was entertaining for hours on end compared to something as complex as Fortnite now

Yes I’m 53 and I play Fortnite occasionally.
I’m so bad at it though 😬
I'm 48, and grew up with Asteroids, Frogger, space invaders etc. on the Atari

Still enjoy CRPGs and Sports Simulations... is too old a thing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tetris was alright but it was no Galaga.
Oh yeh
That was a game
Still play it if I ever come across one of those retro tables that some places have now with all those old games loaded on them

Oh yeh
That was a game
Still play it if I ever come across one of those retro tables that some places have now with all those old games loaded on them

It was always played on one of those old retro tables where you had to hit the fire and dodge buttons like a mad man, cost about 20 cents.

We used to play it at our local indoor cricket centre, whatever happened to indoor cricket? Just another great 80s thing that has been lost.

Trust me fellas
Embrace the grey
Embrace the bald
Ageing is a privilege

The greys are slowly taking over my face and head.

Oh, and a couple popped up on my chest.

They’re not squatters.
They’re not stowaways.
They’re welcomed and settled in residents.

The greys are slowly taking over my face and head.

Oh, and a couple popped up on my chest.

They’re not squatters.
They’re not stowaways.
They’re welcomed and settled in residents.
my chest hairs went grey first, my beard has a chunk of grey, i shave my head so i don't have to witness my silver foxiness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back