Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

I think a true maturing of my life was realizing that fit and fabric matter immensely with clothes (opposed to brand and whatever).

Which is really why the mid 90s resurgence is even stranger, kids wearing boxy ill fitting s**t is whatever but early 20s kids should know better.

The mid 90s look is at least cheap to pull off which would appeal to kids, it was all about dressing down back then rather than dressing up.

You just need a flannel shirt and t-shirt underneath with a pair of ripped jeans and worn out sneakers, you could get all that for 50 bucks.

If you want to dress up in a more modern day outfit with all the latest and coolest brands it could easily set you back a grand or even more.

The mid 90s look is at least cheap to pull off which would appeal to kids, it was all about dressing down back then rather than dressing up.

You just need a flannel shirt and t-shirt underneath with a pair of ripped jeans and worn out sneakers, you could get all that for 50 bucks.

If you want to dress up in a more modern day outfit with all the latest and coolest brands it could easily set you back a grand or even more.
I mean, 5 years ago you could get some decent fitted jeans and a tee for $60 and it looked a lot better than the boxxy oversized s**t.

Plus kids are still buying brands with the ugly looks, that hasn’t changed.

Everything I do makes me feel elderly nowadays.

Was at the pub with a mate tonight when the table tennis table became available. We were playing about a minute when I felt a crack in my groin. I suspect it’ll be fine tomorrow, but for tonight I can barely walk.

I think a true maturing of my life was realizing that fit and fabric matter immensely with clothes (opposed to brand and whatever).

Which is really why the mid 90s resurgence is even stranger, kids wearing boxy ill fitting s**t is whatever but early 20s kids should know better.
I don’t think I properly learned how to dress for my body shape until my late twenties. I don’t follow trends anymore, I just wear lines that I know suit my body and I think I look much better for it.

I forgot about Ciaks, I never owned a pair but they were pretty popular for a while in the 80s, not sure why as they looked pretty awful.

Boat shoes were pretty popular back in the 80s for a while too when the America's Cup was here and everyone tried to look like a yachtie.

Once we lost the America's Cup the boat shoes disappeared as well.

Having to buy a magnifying glass in order to read the instructions on a ramen noodle pack.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sometimes I think it’s me and sometimes I think it’s the bastards at the manufacturing plant.

Cant See Ken Jeong GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing the faux streaker in John Cena at the Oscars brought back memories of the real thing at the Oscars 50 years ago.

I was in my college dorm's common room, which had a TV, watching the Oscars with maybe twenty others when the streaker incident happened live on air. It was hilarious. I went to a small religious affiliated college in a small town in rural Illinois, and even we had streakers on and off the campus that Spring. And no, I was not one of them. Good times.

Seeing the faux streaker in John Cena at the Oscars brought back memories of the real thing at the Oscars 50 years ago.

I was in my college dorm's common room, which had a TV, watching the Oscars with maybe twenty others when the streaker incident happened live on air. It was hilarious. I went to a small religious affiliated college in a small town in rural Illinois, and even we had streakers on and off the campus that Spring. And no, I was not one of them. Good times.

Only lived another 5 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back