The Swansong - Departed Musicians

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Broderick for getting me through the 70s when so much popular music was Muzak. I’m listening to ‘Orphans of the Storm’ by The Dingoes and it reminds me of the great Australian musicians of the 70s that sustained me during this time. Cold Chisel, Stars and Richard Clapton.
RIP.
Same here Robbo. Listening to Five Times The Sun - still have the original vinyl album. My favourite track Singing Your Song, loved the opening lyrics, guitar strumming, chord change..

Last edited:

👑 RIP 👑

SIMPLY. THE. BEST.

:cry:

tina-turner-2-te-230524-896b7b.jpg

More on the legend via BBC. The last one is significant.

We don't live here forever, but his name and music will live on. One of the most amazing voices. R.I.P. Tony Bennett

My dad played sax/clarinet/flute/oboe for Tony Bennett every time he toured here in Australia.
He says he was one of the nicest human beings he has ever met. He always made sure the musicians who worked for him were well looked after

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People rightly talk about the angelic voice...but she was as punk rock as Patti Smith.

It was the mix of tones that made you gasp. And the strength when she wailed. Just really sad to think she went like this.:huh:

It was the mix of tones that made you gasp. And the strength when she wailed. Just really sad to think she went like this.:huh:
Yes I'm oddly affected by this one. One of those rare artists where there is nothing behind the veil...an iconoclast by very definition. Talent, and swagger, and vulnerability and heck you for days...

First thing I ever heard was Mandinka.
Was like wtf?
What is she singing?
How did she do that ...whoa...
Couldn't wait to hear it again. I love it when new artists can do that to ya.

Didn't understand that title until I wat ched the doco.

First thing I ever heard was Mandinka.
Was like wtf?
What is she singing?
How did she do that ...whoa...
Couldn't wait to hear it again. I love it when new artists can do that to ya.

Didn't understand that title until I wat ched the doco.
I was watching this one this morning...I just love the juxtaposition of this enigmatic punk rock half siren half banshee backed by a handful of classic late 80s douche wads.

I was watching this one this morning...I just love the juxtaposition of this enigmatic punk rock half siren half banshee backed by a handful of classic late 80s douche wads.

She did backing vocals as well with a number of artists who wrote and played world music.

My favorite is a song called 'Visions of You' by Jah Wobble's Invaders of the Heart from the album 'Rising Above Bedlam." Jah Wobble was the bass player for Public Image Limited, playing alongside John Lydon, before he went solo and formed his own band and style of world music.

The first time I heard the song on BBC Radio in London, it totally blew me away. Sinead O'Connor's vocals in this are sublime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back