The Swansong - Departed Musicians

Remove this Banner Ad

Another legend gone... 😥

Crosby Stills Nash & Young was one of the great superbands of the 70's. Déjà vu was one of my favorite albums when I was a kid growing up....and is still one of my favorites many years later.

RIP David Crosby

DEJA%20VU%20FINAL%21%21.jpg

Crosby Stills Nash & Young was one of the great superbands of the 70's. Déjà vu was one of my favorite albums when I was a kid growing up....and is still one of my favorites many years later.

RIP David Crosby

DEJA%20VU%20FINAL%21%21.jpg
But I don't really see,
Why can't we go on as....

Threeee......

Without David,
No Byrds
No Crosby Stills and Nash
No california sound harmonies.
RIP.

Tom Verlaine from Televison has passed to the big gig in the sky...the man behind this 10 minute masterpiece.

I totally missed hearing this album when growing up in the 70s (was just a little too young), only to be introduced to it a few years ago by my then teenage son.

Marquee Moon is one of the few truly original recordings that is as fresh and relevant now as it was 45 years ago.

Absolute pop music genius. The king. Complex arrangements, melody.
The source behind so many great pop writers. Real pop as in popular music. Some of the lyrics don't translate well to the modern age, but songs like 'the look of love' and 'this guys in love with you' 'way to san jose' and of course 'say a little prayer' will endure. So many hits.
Thanks Burt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jim Gordon, but for a lifetime of fractured mental health, oh, and the small matter of murdering his mother, would likely be held in similar esteem to Bonham/Baker/Moon. Co-wrote the epic ending to Layla, and was a session drummer on countless hits...I mean the dude has credits on both Pet Sounds and All Things Must Pass.

And shout out to Afro Celt Sound System founder Simon Emmerson, a staple of my hazy uni days.

Last edited:
Thanks Broderick for getting me through the 70s when so much popular music was Muzak. I’m listening to ‘Orphans of the Storm’ by The Dingoes and it reminds me of the great Australian musicians of the 70s that sustained me during this time. Cold Chisel, Stars and Richard Clapton.
RIP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back