The Swansong - Departed Musicians

Remove this Banner Ad

She did backing vocals as well with a number of artists who wrote and played world music.

My favorite is a song called 'Visions of You' by Jah Wobble's Invaders of the Heart from the album 'Rising Above Bedlam." Jah Wobble was the bass player for Public Image Limited, playing alongside John Lydon, before he went solo and formed his own band and style of world music.

The first time I heard the song on BBC Radio in London, it totally blew me away. Sinead O'Connor's vocals in this are sublime.

Love jah wobble . Was great in PIL and his betrayal album is magnificent. Has a good auto biography also.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Love jah wobble . Was great in PIL and his betrayal album is magnificent. Has a good auto biography also.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
His discography over the years is phenomenal....every album so different and so eclectic.

Celtic Poets is by far my all time fave album of Jah's - but others like Take me to God, Molam Dub, Deep Space, English Roots Music, Umbra Sumas - all brilliant. Even Passage to Hades which he recorded with Evan Parker (playing Sax) is well worth a listen, especially late at nite.

Get on youtube, sit back and enjoy....

I’ve lived long enough to know that music isn’t always about a ‘four on the floor’ beat and I have to thank Robbie for teaching me about the nuance of the beat. It doesn’t always have to fit perfectly to be perfect. A great songwriter, a gifted guitarist. Thanks for all those great songs. They’re with me forever. RIP.

Rodriguez passed away. Subject of the great documentary Searching for Sugarman. I was introduced to his music in the 80s by a friend who came back from South Africa. Cold Fact is a classic album and incredibly underrated.

Loved that doco. Didn't know his misic before then. RIP.

Very sad. One of my all time fave Australian bands. Great frontman. Loved performing and put his whole being into it. Remember a reunion gig at Max Watts (or whatever it was called then) and Ron did not want to leave the stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Came across this gem I never heard in some of the online tributes the McGowan. The roughness of McGowan's voice paired with the piercing tone from O'Connor creates something really special. Sad the both left us in the same year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back