The Swansong - Departed Musicians

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She was great. Super voice and took no s**t. RIP Renee.
She took no s**t and what a character, saw her at Crown 10 years ago and later she spotted the wife and i at a bar and remembered us, she asked what we were drinking then bought the first round and completely drunk me under the table. What a really really down to earth person she was

RIP Renee :cry:

FmpO8PxXwAQYvjq

FmpLwGAaMAARjeq

We must have seen her 6-7 times.

I once snuck, or rather brazenly walked backstage to get a CD signed for my wife.

She abused me, then turned on a dime and invited me to sit down to a cheese plate and a glass of wine with her and Ross Hannaford. She gave me the monstrous bouquet of flowers in her changeroom for my wife.

Man she was something when she really dialled in...music just channeled through her.

you ain't seen nothin' yet........
The story behind that track is interesting. It was only being used as a work track in the studio and was written as a joke for Randy's brother, who stutters.

The record company wanted another track for BTO's latest album, so YASNY was included, even though it wasn't recorded to be officially released.

Then when the record company kept insisting that the song was released as a single, Randy Bachman again was reluctant to do so. When he eventually agreed, it went top 10 worldwide, including #1 in the US and a number of other countries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back