The Pharmacist who assisted Dank to talk to ASADA?

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting back on topic about Alavi..

I remember there was the article in May about Carlton secretly taping him.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blues-pair-secretly-taped-chemist-20130501-2itgt.html

However, it is understood that Carlton may have earlier been contacted by Mr Alavi, who was trying to sell his supplements to other clubs by promoting his association with Essendon.

I doubt Alavi would spill the beans, but if ASADA can procure a copy of all invoices/prescriptions they may be able to trace supplements to other clubs. The paper trail might be gone by now, so maybe they can match invoices with his reported earnings and see if theres a discrepancy. The threat of criminal charges could get him to talk.

It is understood that the tape recording has not been provided by Carlton to the AFL and that the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority does not have a copy.

These 2 Carlton officials should be summoned by ASADA and forced to present the tape. It might be incriminating to a lot of people.

I've been thinking about the extent of what Alavi did. Most of the supplements named can be bought as-is & ready-to-go, in which case all Alavi needs to do is write a prescription and hand them over. But being a compounding chemist he has the facilities at his disposal to create tailor-made supplements for each individual. I think Essendon's supplement program had too many players for them to think about individual programs.

Charter said the peptides were not sent directly to Dank but delivered to South Yarra compounding chemist Nima Alavi, who spent $50,000 to build a sterile unit where supplements could be prepared. ''Dank would order a batch and pick them up personally,'' Charter said.

Dank asks Charter for supplements. Charter imports them from China under the name of Alavi's business. Dank collects and pays Alavi. This is all legitimate from a criminal perspective so hopefully Alavi hasn't destroyed the invoices.

There's also a strong likelyhood that what Alavi invoiced was what he actually gave - evidence of this is the Hexarelin invoice and the Thymosin invoices (that were later forged to become Thymomodulin). Obviously this is a lot better than Dank's "amino-acids" invoices.

Getting back on topic about Alavi..

I remember there was the article in May about Carlton secretly taping him.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blues-pair-secretly-taped-chemist-20130501-2itgt.html

I doubt Alavi would spill the beans, but if ASADA can procure a copy of all invoices/prescriptions they may be able to trace supplements to other clubs. The paper trail might be gone by now, so maybe they can match invoices with his reported earnings and see if theres a discrepancy. The threat of criminal charges could get him to talk.

These 2 Carlton officials should be summoned by ASADA and forced to present the tape. It might be incriminating to a lot of people.

I've been thinking about the extent of what Alavi did. Most of the supplements named can be bought as-is & ready-to-go, in which case all Alavi needs to do is write a prescription and hand them over. But being a compounding chemist he has the facilities at his disposal to create tailor-made supplements for each individual. I think Essendon's supplement program had too many players for them to think about individual programs.

Dank asks Charter for supplements. Charter imports them from China under the name of Alavi's business. Dank collects and pays Alavi. This is all legitimate from a criminal perspective so hopefully Alavi hasn't destroyed the invoices.

There's also a strong likelyhood that what Alavi invoiced was what he actually gave - evidence of this is the Hexarelin invoice and the Thymosin invoices (that were later forged to become Thymomodulin). Obviously this is a lot better than Dank's "amino-acids" invoices.

Actually this isn't how the process works to import and access drugs which do not have TGA approval.

Australian registered doctors can legally prescribe AOD-9604 with prescriptions made up by a compounding pharmacy. However, it can not be legally imported without a special permit under the strict Special Access Scheme (SAS), which requires a doctor to apply to the TGA for permission to treat a particular patient with the drug, including describing the specific clinical need.

A TGA spokeswoman confirmed to The Age that “there have been no applications under the SAS for AOD-9604”.

So to access AOD LEGALLY the EFC players would need a prescription for the drug plus a SAS application for the importation and use of the drug. It's a shame that the second part wasn't covered ............. This is why I find it hillarious that the EFC players could get off for using a drug not approved for human therapeutic use which was accessed illegally and used for months before the legitimacy of the drug was question with WADA.

Compounding Pharmacies

The ACC has identified that anti-ageing clinics, supplement suppliers and online stores in Australia are sourcing peptides and hormones through domestic compounding pharmacies. As opposed to standard pharmacies, which dispense prescription medicines and therapeutic agents, compounding pharmacies provide a range of services in relation to pharmaceuticals such as:
  • altering or limiting the dose of a medicine
  • changing the physical form of a medicine (for example modifying a pill into a syrup or gel)
  • supplying compound drugs that have been discontinued or are no longer available.
Compounding pharmacies are a principal domestic source of peptides and hormones given their capacity to produce medicines and pharmaceutical compounds that are not readily available or commercially produced. Given their ability to manufacture various anti-ageing medicines, compounding pharmacies play a key role in the dispensing of substances prescribed by or distributed through anti-ageing clinics.
Based on available information, compounding pharmacies producing peptides are predominantly sourcing their raw materials from wholesalers based in China.

http://www.crimecommission.gov.au/p...me-drugs-sport/sources-of-peptides-hormones#4

So putting 2 and 2 together, Charter was importing raw materials from overseas. Does this bypass the import/customs laws? Alavi was then compounding.

Nope thus why the AMA are investigating those doctors involved in incorrectly obtaining the drugs. Dank thought he could "Wash" imported AOD using his compounding pharma mate, petty they didn't follow the correct procedures ..........

Australian registered doctors can legally prescribe AOD-9604 with prescriptions made up by a compounding pharmacy. However, it can not be legally imported without a special permit under the strict Special Access Scheme (SAS), which requires a doctor to apply to the TGA for permission to treat a particular patient with the drug, including describing the specific clinical need.

If I may - the first sentence says "Australian registered doctors can legally prescribe AOD-9604 with prescriptions made up by a compounding pharmacy."

The second sentence says that it can't be legally imported except etc, etc.

If I'm reading that correctly, the complete substance cannot be legally imported, but it can be legally formulated by a compounding pharmacy, which implies that the raw materials can be legally imported to allow the compounding pharmacy to formulate the substance.

Nope thus why the AMA are investigating those doctors involved in incorrectly obtaining the drugs. Dank thought he could "Wash" imported AOD using his compounding pharma mate, petty they didn't follow the correct procedures ..........

This article suggests it was a legal loophole and that the substances were sourced legally. Raw materials ordered from China, Alavi then uses his facilities to make the peptides.

While the ACC report warned of criminal gangs distributing performance-enhancing drugs aided by corrupt doctors and unscrupulous sports scientists, The Weekend Australian can reveal that Mr Dank legally sources GHRP-6 and other peptide hormones through a compound pharmacy located in an upmarket shopping centre.
The Como Compounding Pharmacy in Melbourne, owned by pharmacist Nima Alavi, provides bio-identical hormone therapy, and tailored amino acids including GHRP-6 to the MRC and other clinics. Mr Alavi, who declined to comment, is licensed to import the drugs. Yesterday, 20mg of GHRP-6 could be bought "for research purposes only" on the MRC site for $300. It is claimed to promote lean muscle mass, quicker recovery, decreased joint pain, increased bone density and "feelings of well being".

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...e-sales-loophole/story-e6frg7mf-1226573914323

So it go's back to my earlier question. Has Alavi done anything criminal? Hopefully not and his paper trail is still all there.

If I may - the first sentence says "Australian registered doctors can legally prescribe AOD-9604 with prescriptions made up by a compounding pharmacy."

If I'm reading that correctly, the complete substance cannot be legally imported, but it can be legally formulated by a compounding pharmacy, which implies that the raw materials can be legally imported to allow the compounding pharmacy to formulate the substance.

Yep be pretty hard for Dank to organise all those things in the belief he had found a technicality to get away with using prohibited substances, on his own. If we are to believe Essendon claims they had/have no idea what was actually used as part of the suppliment program.

I mean Hird head hunts a guy known for pushing the boundries in suppliments. Hird sets the Agenda, the program has all these technical elements to it so as to expose what is thought to be a legal loophole. Yet with all this planning and organisation needed in order to think a loophole was found. Not to mention the work to actually implement it, Essendon had no idea what was going to be given to the players and still don't know.

That's some serious work on behalf of one man. Dank may be a rougue element cheat (according to Essendon) but if this is true, give the man credit. Here is a guy that can seriously get the job done. If only he used his powers for good instead of evil.

There is no "complete substance" here, the AOD produced in China is the AOD which is injected into players at the EFC. The only difference is that it would be obtained as a lyophilized (freeze dried) powder and it was made into a solution by Alavi. The importation of the substance is illegal without the correct SAS paperwork. Full stop.

There is no "complete substance" here, the AOD produced in China is the AOD which is injected into players at the EFC. The only difference is that it would be obtained as a lyophilized (freeze dried) powder and it was made into a solution by Alavi. The importation of the substance is illegal without the correct SAS paperwork. Full stop.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but the wording you have quoted certainly allows for a possibile loophole.

When you say: "the only difference" - maybe that difference is sufficient to fall within the loophole?

I'm not saying you are wrong, but the wording you have quoted certainly allows for a possibile loophole.

When you say: "the only difference" - maybe that difference is sufficient to fall within the loophole?

So you are saying that it is illegal to bring the drug from China to Australia but breaking this law is OK if you then give it to someone to dissolve it? Much like it is illegal to use a prohibited substance but it then becomes legal if you (supposedly) get incorrect information two months later?

And why would a program which is 100% fine require loopholes to use the substances they are giving to the players.

You talk about your distaste for "double talk" and "weasel words" but freely use both in the defence of the EFC ..........

So you are saying that it is illegal to bring the drug from China to Australia but breaking this law is OK if you then give it to someone to dissolve it? Much like it is illegal to use a prohibited substance but it then becomes legal if you (supposedly) get incorrect information two months later?

And why would a program which is 100% fine require loopholes to use the substances they are giving to the players.

You talk about your distaste for "double talk" and "weasel words" but freely use both in the defence of the EFC ..........

I'm merely reading the words you quoted.

I had a slightly different interpretation.

I suspect a good QC would do a better job than I in enunciating these points.

No use getting upset with me - they weren't my words! They were your quotes!

In a perfect world, we would want to see all bad people hung, drawn and quartered - then put into vats of acid for good measure - but those pesky lawyers sometimes get in the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but isn't this partly a health issue?
aren't people more concerned about Essendon players growing another head or mutating into an insect than whether their performance has been enhanced?

When players need to 'grow an extra leg' in the last few minutes of the game the bomber boys may already be ahead of the game

Whatever loophole/technicality Dank found he was confident enough to put his career on the line for it...

Not sure how this is bad news. Dank had, and still has, his own anti aging business and openly sells WADA banned substances. The fact he was supplied some by charter or Alvi doesn't mean they were used at Essendon.

This is why we laugh at posters like you. Of course much of it went to Essendon. They were sourced for Essendon. Charge sheet told you what was used at Essendon. TB4 was one of then. Hexarelin was found in a fridge on Essendon's premises so we know where it went. They know exactly where banned drugs would've gone and they'll be invoices with Essendon name on it to say so.

Try dropping the delusion. It's embarrassing. We've seen the Charge Sheet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back