List Mgmt. The Official 2012 Trade, Free Agency and List Management Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should target Zach Clarke if Freo want Hansen.
Is he a Victorian boy? What's his contract situation.
We should target Zach Clarke if Freo want Hansen.
Is he a Victorian boy? What's his contract situation.
What I would like to see is Hansen to GWS and our pick 14. We get pick 3 plus access to mini draft where we pick up young Kelly

What I would like to see is Hansen to GWS and our pick 14. We get pick 3 plus access to mini draft where we pick up young Kelly
Minidraft is done and dusted.

Rodan is a bit of a crab, doesn't go with the first option and his team mates around him have nfi idea what he is doing, Rioli style, then he has to duck and weave and dodge while the forwards have already finished their leads and are now standing in no-man's land with their opponents on their arse now.

While Port have the broom out does any one know the status of Robbie Gray? He's a dead set gun and if he was looking at coming home to Victoria i'd be happy to send Delaney and Greenwood back their way in return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banner is ex-Western Jets.

yep...played all my juniors against him and rep footy with him. Tough as nails and is excellent on both sides of his body. He would be an ideal candidate for a rookie/late draft pick up. Has excellent goal sense as well. He was always close to his family so a move home would be good for him.

If we lose all our depth I wouldn't be opposed to putting Surjan or Salopek on our list for a bit of experience.

west won't playing...they love vardy down there and he will play before west
No that won't happen.
West will play second ruck and Vardy will push Pods out.

West is actually good, but he was killed this year by pretty much rucking on his own.
He can't be effective around the ground doing that.

I wonder if Cats would be open to trading Murdoch for McIntosh. He is a pick in the 3rd round range but we know he is someone with some talent, unlike the unknown that is trying to find someone in this years draft in a similar range. Is a good size, is pretty zippy, the kind of guy we could use an extra like, only played 8 games this year for Geelong.

I think if they are getting a known quantity and someone that will make their side stronger I don't see why we should inherit the entire risk element of any trade, especially if they only are prepared to trade a speculative pick.

I wonder if Cats would be open to trading Murdoch for McIntosh. He is a pick in the 3rd round range but we know he is someone with some talent, unlike the unknown that is trying to find someone in this years draft in a similar range. Is a good size, is pretty zippy, the kind of guy we could use an extra like, only played 8 games this year for Geelong.

I think if they are getting a known quantity and someone that will make their side stronger I don't see why we should inherit the entire risk element of any trade, especially if they only are prepared to trade a speculative pick.
Don't know who Murdoch is but the thinking is sound

Collingwood, Hawthorn and Geelong are going to be very pleased with this revelation.

It took me a while to decide whether or not to actually respond to it but you got me Tef so here goes.

At no point in the last well ever have I suggested that the best thing that we could do is hit the draft hard. Never not once. I actually hold a fairly similar (not the same) view to you in that we would do well to add at minimum 1 experienced hard bodied mid fielder, someone who can run both ways and has better disposal than both Gibson and LA, who will go when its their turn.

I expect another step forward from our core next year(currently listed players), like the one we took after the bye, remembering of course that we did that with Brad Scott at the helm and all of the people that it is currently in vogue to completely smash on here running them footy dept. Brad Scott cannot afford for us to slide, there will be plenty of pressure for him to get the side to move forward next year.

I realise the very basic premise that you seem to believe that the vast population of big footy is unable to understand. Being that the more often that we go back to the youth well that is the draft and vent maturity out the other side the further we theoretically get from some magic point at which our window opens.

So far during trade period there have be 2 things occur that I have been disappointed by;

1 - I do not believe that we went hard enough for Caddy, I think that he fits the age profile/team needs perfectly. He is also rated highly by Pykie who I tend to trust in terms of opinions in kids.

2 - I am disappointed that Hansen has had to seek value elsewhere. I rate him, a lot. He will be better in 2013 than he was in 2012 and whats more I do not believe that a role in the triple towers can just be plugged.

I understand that you were just trying to make a point about our opposition licking their lips at us just bringing on more youth. This was not the point I was trying to make but perhaps I articulated it poorly. I trust Bryce Lewis to add quality to the list through the draft. Be it with pick 14 or pick 45, he will take whatever we have left after trade week and we are gonna get some decent kids.

FWIW if we could package all our draft picks and sway the number 10 from Collingwood over I would do it in a second, but it just ain't gonna happen.

Don't know who Murdoch is but the thinking is sound

He has a long way to go but I think he has a reasonable chance of turning into a good player. Left footer who can hit targets, half forward/wing type player. Is very zippy, ran something quite brisk in the draft camp from memory.

It took me a while to decide whether or not to actually respond to it but you got me Tef so here goes.

At no point in the last well ever have I suggested that the best thing that we could do is hit the draft hard. Never not once. I actually hold a fairly similar (not the same) view to you in that we would do well to add at minimum 1 experienced hard bodied mid fielder, someone who can run both ways and has better disposal than both Gibson and LA, who will go when its their turn.

I expect another step forward from our core next year(currently listed players), like the one we took after the bye, remembering of course that we did that with Brad Scott at the helm and all of the people that it is currently in vogue to completely smash on here running them footy dept. Brad Scott cannot afford for us to slide, there will be plenty of pressure for him to get the side to move forward next year.

I realise the very basic premise that you seem to believe that the vast population of big footy is unable to understand. Being that the more often that we go back to the youth well that is the draft and vent maturity out the other side the further we theoretically get from some magic point at which our window opens.

So far during trade period there have be 2 things occur that I have been disappointed by;

1 - I do not believe that we went hard enough for Caddy, I think that he fits the age profile/team needs perfectly. He is also rated highly by Pykie who I tend to trust in terms of opinions in kids.

2 - I am disappointed that Hansen has had to seek value elsewhere. I rate him, a lot. He will be better in 2013 than he was in 2012 and whats more I do not believe that a role in the triple towers can just be plugged.

I understand that you were just trying to make a point about our opposition licking their lips at us just bringing on more youth. This was not the point I was trying to make but perhaps I articulated it poorly. I trust Bryce Lewis to add quality to the list through the draft. Be it with pick 14 or pick 45, he will take whatever we have left after trade week and we are gonna get some decent kids.

FWIW if we could package all our draft picks and sway the number 10 from Collingwood over I would do it in a second, but it just ain't gonna happen.

in before "ignore"

Would be a good get. I'd be asking for him.

Doubt the cats would let him go though after playing the last 8 games in his first year.

I think Hansen will be a good long-term replacement for Petrie, if we retain him, so I would prefer he stays but the club shouldn't just sign over a huge wad of cash to him for what he has produced to date. If we are being reasonable and he is not happy then what should our club do?

My concern with McIntosh and Hansen specifically is it still causes us structural problems with Goldstein, Petrie and Tarrant.

We need 2 ruckmen, we need 3 key forwards, we can't play with these 5 big guys in the one side. Goldy/Monster have similar strengths, similar weaknesses.

Structurally, we need a 2nd ruck who can spend the majority of the time up forward and get the 1.5 to 2 goal average per game and has the potential to play longer in the ruck when needed.

I think the "I fear change" stance is to not take the risk, but our structure is not good enough to challenge for a flag. We need a real second ruckman in the side and it is going to be hard to develop that with our current structure.

We have recruited too many clones, ruckmen who fit the same build, mids who fit the same build and we need to improve our structure.

I think we should look to get Zach Clarke from Fremantle if we don't go with Daw. 203cm but is mobile enough to play on-ball or the wing, can go forward and kick goals, is quick for his size and he is aggressive with his tackling. He is only 22 i think. He could be an ideal WIP for a third forward/ruckman who has shown he can play at AFL level. Alternatively, we have to find out if Daw can pull the role off.

Either way, we need a backup ruckman if McIntosh goes and we need a position vacant up forward as Petrie, Tarrant and Hansen do not give us scope to play a second ruckman.

I agree we didn't go hard enough for Caddy and we have not been hardball enough with Monster. Need to look at how Collingwood is laying down the law with Dawes. Our trade week period seems amateurish by comparison, others talk in the media and get deals done, we don't talk and dont get anything done and are hagging over shit picks apparently. It just doesn't fill you with confidence, not when you see what experienced ruckman like Jolly and others have been flogged off for before.

Would be a good get. I'd be asking for him.

Doubt the cats would let him go though after playing the last 8 games in his first year.

He played the last 5 plus 14+15 and 17. He was a sub in the last game but didn't do much, which isn't uncommon for most who play the sub role.

The danger if you say no to everything reasonable is that we can say no as well. I am sure we would love to get Monster where he wants to go but it is not going to happen unless they cough up something reasonable, be it pick or player.

Well, by not happening I mean it should not happen. I don't have a lot of confidence in our trading. :p

I agree we didn't go hard enough for Caddy and we have not been hardball enough with Monster. Need to look at how Collingwood is laying down the law with Dawes. Our trade week period seems amateurish by comparison, others talk in the media and get deals done, we don't talk and dont get anything done and are hagging over shit picks apparently. It just doesn't fill you with confidence, not when you see what experienced ruckman like Jolly and others have been flogged off for before.

Agree with a number of your many points, but I'll have to stop you there. I follow Collingwood closely, and they might talk tough the way you like it, but that's all it is. They said #17 wasn't enough for Wellingham - but then it was. They sent Nick Davis to Sydney for a laughably low pick and practically gave Rhyce Shaw away. They'll take what they can get for Dawes to save the money and move him on. Walsh takes his cue from Ed - talk is cheap. In the end they won the flag two years ago and reached the GF last year and PF this year withnthe same group, so their players have trade value. Of course they can ask a fair bit for them.

And when the Pies got Jolly he was a recent premiership ruckman and genuinely the last piece of their puzzle to land a flag. You can't compare that trade to anything else that's going on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back