Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've watched heaps this year. Probably been about ten games that I thought were actually good contests or at least good spectacles. But blokes like you and me will always follow footy to some extent. I'm not convinced the following generations will be as footy mad as people born in the '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s.
The AFL is lucky NRL, A-league and NBL havent got their shit together. But kids seem to know more about EPL and NBA than AFL. Plus they have shit loads more entertainent option.

I hope the AFL realises they're competing with Playstation and twitch for 17 year old eyeballs than A league.

The AFL is lucky NRL, A-league and NBL havent got their sh*t together. But kids seem to know more about EPL and NBA than AFL. Plus they have sh*t loads more entertainent option.

I hope the AFL realises they're competing with Playstation and twitch for 17 year old eyeballs than A league.

A-League is in a huge mess
NBL will suffer as a result of this
Broncos are terrible so QLD is getting a good run
EPL and NBA will always have a big presence here
It’s ESports that will gain traction all through this

The AFL is lucky NRL, A-league and NBL havent got their sh*t together. But kids seem to know more about EPL and NBA than AFL. Plus they have sh*t loads more entertainent option.

Essendon never should have given up on their League of Legends team.

WA AFL player Elijah Taylor has reportedly been arrested in Perth.

The Sydney Swans player was arrested by police in Langford at about 1.25pm, according to 7NEWS Perth.

Taylor was filmed being led out the back of Cannington police station 8.10pm. He was put into the back of an unmarked police car and was driven away with a blanket over his head.

WA AFL player Elijah Taylor has reportedly been arrested in Perth.

The Sydney Swans player was arrested by police in Langford at about 1.25pm, according to 7NEWS Perth.

Taylor was filmed being led out the back of Cannington police station 8.10pm. He was put into the back of an unmarked police car and was driven away with a blanket over his head.
Without knowing the details it still looks like this bloke‘s career is over. Shame, looked talented.

Without knowing the details it still looks like this bloke‘s career is over. Shame, looked talented.

There were question marks on off field when he was drafted but still thought it was worth a shot
Hopefully he turns this around, just not for Syd :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I reading this right that a WEEK after his ex posts all over social media about him being abusive, at a time when all eyes are on him and his AFL career hangs in the balance, he then goes and assaults her again?? God what a ******* idiot this kid is.

You are reading it right. Goodbye AFL career.

Am I reading this right that a WEEK after his ex posts all over social media about him being abusive, at a time when all eyes are on him and his AFL career hangs in the balance, he then goes and assaults her again?? God what a ******* idiot this kid is.
The word I am thinking of is not "idiot".

Sydney suspend him over the COVID breach and release him back to WA so he can spend more time with family. Instead of doing that he goes and allegedly assaults his girlfriend again while the subject of scrutiny from the world's most perversely invasive media industry (that's right folks we're talking about the AFL here)

Staggeringly stupid

not to many blokes offer clubs the kind of service simpson has for the carlton.

he is about the only bloke on Carlton's list I have any respect for.

I wonder what sort of coach he'd make. He'd have to be pretty mentally resilient to have lasted so long in such shit teams.

not to many blokes offer clubs the kind of service simpson has for the carlton.
he is about the only bloke on Carlton's list I have any respect for.

I wonder what sort of coach he'd make. He'd have to be pretty mentally resilient to have lasted so long in such sh*t teams.
Very underrated. The sort of player who deserves to retire with some meaningful silverware to his name (not won with Carltank, of course, they can go f*** themselves).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back