Competition The McInnes Prize For Season 37 - Better Late Than Never

Remove this Banner Ad

Better Late Than Never New
mcinnes header.JPG

Oh alright then.

Hello Sweet, it's that time of the season again when I remember all of the sh*t that I planned to do and actually get around to doing said sh*t. So for the sixth successive occasion, I give to you The McInnes Prize!

You know the McInnes Prize by now, but if you don't and/or love asking questions, The McInnes Prize is awarded to the person who submits an original picture which is adjudged by the reigning McInnes Prize winner as the best Photoshopped image (or shoop) of the season. It is named after sports journalist Shane McInnes, who was famously described by TheInjuryFactory lookalike Ross Lyon as being "quite brilliant", with previous winners including such maestros of the visual arts as TheInjuryFactory Hate manangatang Elton Johns Wig Kennedy Parker CursingFijian Falconista and the incumbent holder of this most prestigious of shambolically-run online awards, the one and only JoshWoodenSpoon.

Now here's a walk down memory lane in pictorial form...

mcinnes entries.png
mcinnes winners.png
s32 winner.png
s33 winner.png
s34 finalists.JPG
s35 entries.png
s36 entrants.png

Now to the rules, which are more like the traditional rules than what we did with the speed shooping last season:

• The competition will be open to receive entries as of now (the Riviat rule) until the conclusion of the Sweet FA home and away season for season 37 (i.e.: after round 20 games finish);
  • Entries are to be sent via DM to myself;
  • The judge for the competition is the reigning McInnes Prize winner, which in this case is JoshWoodenSpoon and the adjudication period will run from the conclusion of the Sweet FA home and away season for season 37 (i.e.: after round 20 games finish) until the conclusion of the third round of finals for season 37 (i.e.: after the preliminary finals finish);
  • Results will be announced at the conclusion of the adjudication period (i.e.: when I get around to it);
  • There is an entry limit of one (1) picture per person, which must have an accompanying description of 50 words or less;
  • You may change your entry during the period that entries are still open to be received, however the entry submitted as of the conclusion of the home and away season will be considered as the final entry;
  • It must be a still picture that is digitally created (that means on a computer, not a finger painting like Koko the gorilla) of a size that can be successfully attached to a BigFooty post, preferably .jpg or .png format (no gifs still sorry Bonz), but
  • WITHOUT THE ASSISTANCE OF ANY ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TOOL (this is a new rule, any use of AI will deem the entry invalid and the entrant disqualified);
  • Given the opening of the Sweet Shoop School earlier this season, the picture shall be created using the theme of 'School'. How you interpret the theme is up to you, however please ensure that the description describes the picture according to the theme because that's what descriptions do, they describe;
  • It must be an original picture that you have created by whatever non-AI means that are available to you, and the more original the picture the better;
  • Your entry needs to have been created during the current Sweet FA season. You can enter a picture that was used in another thread within the Sweet FA forum over the course of the season, or you can create one specifically for the contest;
  • Entry is open to any poster who has been a part of the Sweet FA, in season 37 and/or in previous seasons;
  • The winner of the McInnes Prize will receive a badge that will look something like this:
    701_1626926736l.jpg

For those of you that have enrolled in Shoop School, this is a great opportunity to review some of the tips and tricks that have already been discussed, and also to brianstorm ideas with fellow students & SMEs.

So stop what you're doing Sweet and get your shoop on. Your board needs you.

Red hot regards,

Bob

Curator
Sweet Municipal Art Gallery.

art gallery sfa.png

The judge for the competition is the reigning McInnes Prize winner, which in this case is @JoshWoodenSpoon and the adjudication period will run from the conclusion of the Sweet FA home and away season for season 37 (i.e.: after round 20 games finish) until the conclusion of the third round of finals for season 37 (i.e.: after the preliminary finals finish);

Pointilism is IN this season!!!

WITHOUT THE ASSISTANCE OF ANY ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TOOL (this is a new rule, any use of AI will deem the entry invalid and the entrant disqualified);

Your AI work is magnificent Robertio - shame its not permitted within the these rules -

Rules schmools I say

Entrant One - Tigerturbulance New
mobbs created man.jpg

'The Creation of the BYE'

Also known as The Creation of Old Boys, is a fresco painting by Tigerturbulance, which forms part of the Spotswood Chancellors Office ceiling (which Tigerturbulance is keen to point out is part of a school :shrug:). It illustrates the Biblical creation narrative from the Book of SWEET in which God (Mobbs) gives life to Turbo, the first Captain of the Ophidian Old Boys and the architect of creating the BYE.

Tigerturbulance

View attachment 1975385

'The Creation of the BYE'

Also known as The Creation of Old Boys, is a fresco painting by Tigerturbulance, which forms part of the Spotswood Chancellors Office ceiling (which Tigerturbulance is keen to point out is part of a school :shrug:). It illustrates the Biblical creation narrative from the Book of SWEET in which God (Mobbs) gives life to Turbo, the first Captain of the Ophidian Old Boys and the architect of creating the BYE.

Tigerturbulance
After seeing this, Tigerturbulance's claim of 245 kg of love muscle is in jeopardy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back