Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 13 - East Side Hawks v Fighting Furies at The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

I just want to go home and watch more JCVD movies after watching Bloodsport yesterday!!
I have no idea what any of this means but I'm giving you a thumbs up anyway XD

We had brownies at work today.

So far I've had 7. It's actually not my fault, ad I was irresponsibly told where the left overs were.

Thankfully they were normal brownies, as if they were the "other" kind I'd be completely non-functional after 7.
Today must be a brownies kind of day! I made them myself for a gathering tomorrow. Only normal ones. 😬 Sometimes the others are a tad too chewy. :tongueoutv1:

Yep, vodka is my poison of choice. 🥂🤣
As an Austro-Hungo-Australian, I often found myself lumped in with Slavs. I’ve spent some good times eating way too much meat, pickles, onions and various home made spirits at proofs that worried me. It’s in me a bit though, I can go quite a long time without severe indigestion. Not that I’m level Slav, It’s not in me to the extent that I can start the next day on beer to satisfy my debilitating thirst.

Last edited:
As an Austro-Hungo-Australian, I often found myself lumped in with Slavs. I’ve spend some good times eating way too much meat, pickles, onions and various home made spirits at proofs that worried me. It’s in me a bit though, I can go quite a long time without severe indigestion. Not that I’m level Slav, It’s not in me to the extent that I cannot start the next day on beer to satisfy my debilitating thirst.
Russian/German here, so we are pretty similar. Grew up in Russian Orthodox church traditions and culture, and those are buried quite deep in me. I miss a lot of things from back home.

The country borders of those areas changed so often and are often blurred in history…but not to the people who were born/raised there. It’s interesting. My mother, and her 13 siblings, spoke Russian to each other so we kids didn’t know what they were talking about. I wish she would have taught me instead. 🤷‍♀️. I miss her.

I did get stubborn and grumpy from my parents, though. 🙄 Thanks for that!! :laughv1:

South Australia peeps, why do you all park in the bike lanes????
Why to bikes (and everything else imaginable) drive in car lanes? All over the place here, really. Dangerous!

danger zone GIF

Why to bikes (and everything else imaginable) drive in car lanes? All over the place here, really. Dangerous!

danger zone GIF
It was just something I noticed while driving around Radelaide, I think it’s great that there’s so many bike lanes (I’m not a biker either), but they seemed to be full of cars everywhere I went

(Log in to remove this ad.)

danger zone GIF

Well, the sign was pretty clear...

It was just something I noticed while driving around Radelaide, I think it’s great that there’s so many bike lanes (I’m not a biker either), but they seemed to be full of cars everywhere I went

Thankfully I don't drive in the Melbourne CBD. Nothing but bike lanes, low speed limits, and the inscrutable hook turns 🤮

Good morning all.

Now which of us are suckers and going to work today 🤣 it's going to be very quiet in the office.
I logged in at 9am, saw my boss had an out of office on and went back to bed. Sent a couple emails in the arvo, exhausting work. Can only imagine the ghost town the office would be.

Not same genre but ever watched JCVD?

No, but I've been meaning to. Also want to watch Jean Claude Van Johnson on Prime. It's a series where he plays himself, but it turns out his whole acting career has been a front for his activities as a spy. It sounds amazing.

Anyway, a rare quiet weekend for me lately, so while I stayed in last night I didn't waste my time. Watched Rebel Moon Part 2 and The Last Voyage of the Demeter.

Neither are classic films, but for something to just turn your brain off and focus on the spectacle, Rebel Moon was fine (it's a Zac Snyder movie, so you have certain expectations), whereas Demeter took a hinted at sequence in the Dracula novel and basically turned it into Alien on a wooden ship.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back