The Inter Milan appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately Inter lost 2-1 to in-form AS Roma at Rome's Olympic Stadium on the weekend, blowing the Serie A title race wide open. It was a rather lacklustre performance in a game marred by a great many stoppages because of players being kicked in the leg. I thought the game was poorly reffed - there should have been more cards. Inter was unlucky in that we hit the bar three times, but we were very lucky to get the goal that we did because we were clearly offside.

We're back to the UCL tomorrow morning when Inter will need a result at home to CSKA Moscow. C'mon Inter!

Unfortunately Inter lost 2-1 to in-form AS Roma at Rome's Olympic Stadium on the weekend, blowing the Serie A title race wide open. It was a rather lacklustre performance in a game marred by a great many stoppages because of players being kicked in the leg. I thought the game was poorly reffed - there should have been more cards. Inter was unlucky in that we hit the bar three times, but we were very lucky to get the goal that we did because we were clearly offside.

We're back to the UCL tomorrow morning when Inter will need a result at home to CSKA Moscow. C'mon Inter!

Glad there's another Inter man.

The game against CSKA Moscow just an hour away, can't wait!

Disappointing about Sneijder though.

Feels good to be back in the Semi Finals for the first time since 2003 when we lost to AC Milan on the away goals rule after it was tied 1-1 after the Two Legs.

I certainly think we're capable of doing it, we've really set ourselves for this competition and hopefully Mourinho can deliver it to the Inter faithful.

The feeling's mutual. :)

What about him? He scored the game winner for us. :thumbsu:

Bring on whoever's next!

That was in reference to him and the probability he wasn't going to play in the 2nd Leg. Fortunately, he did and scored the winner.

Bring on Barcelona!

Inter drew 2-2 at Fiorentina on the weekend. It was a rather open and entertaining match that Inter really should have won, given the amount of chances we created.

In the first half, Diego Milito mised an absolute sitter from right in front, heading it against the bar. Most unlike him. Then not long after, Kerreison finished off a great Fiorentina move and they went ahead at half-time 1-0.

Inter battled determinedly for most of the second half without reward, before Milito finally put away an easy tap-in. Not long after Eto'o (who's been in great form lately), put away a fantastic cross by Balotelli and Inter went ahead 2-1. Unfortunately Fiorentina managed to equalise before the end and it finished 2-2. A disappointing result and even more so since Roma won and have now gone top of the Serie A! :(

Question to Inter fans. What would you rather win; the Serie A or the Champions League?

Inter drew 2-2 at Fiorentina on the weekend. It was a rather open and entertaining match that Inter really should have won, given the amount of chances we created.

In the first half, Diego Milito mised an absolute sitter from right in front, heading it against the bar. Most unlike him. Then not long after, Kerreison finished off a great Fiorentina move and they went ahead at half-time 1-0.

Inter battled determinedly for most of the second half without reward, before Milito finally put away an easy tap-in. Not long after Eto'o (who's been in great form lately), put away a fantastic cross by Balotelli and Inter went ahead 2-1. Unfortunately Fiorentina managed to equalise before the end and it finished 2-2. A disappointing result and even more so since Roma won and have now gone top of the Serie A! :(

Question to Inter fans. What would you rather win; the Serie A or the Champions League?

Absolutely it's the Champions League and I'm sure every Inter supporter including yourself would agree. The whole purpose of getting Mourinho was to win the Champions League, and there's no doubt that that's what the players have on their minds as well, hence the drop in form in the Serie A.

We certainly have the depth to win all three competitions, the other being the Coppa Italia, but it would be nice if Mourinho used more of the squad at his disposal, giving players like Cordoba, Materazzi and Balotelli more of a chance. Our strength is our depth, it's the best in Italy and arguably Europe, so we've got to start using it. The next few weeks are going to shape our seasons.

Absolutely it's the Champions League and I'm sure every Inter supporter including yourself would agree.
Actually, for me it's a real toss-up. As much as I'd love to win the UCL, you can still be held in great esteem if you don't win it. On the other hand, surely Inter is the best team in the Serie A. I can't bear the thought of any other Italian team taking our title. Even more so if it were AC Milan!

Actually, for me it's a real toss-up. As much as I'd love to win the UCL, you can still be held in great esteem if you don't win it. On the other hand, surely Inter is the best team in the Serie A. I can't bear the thought of any other Italian team taking our title. Even more so if it were AC Milan!

I really don't see how. We've been after the Champions League for years now, I'm sure if we were to win it this season and not win the Serie A, people will realize the focus was always on the Champions League.

Also, AC Milan are no chance to win the title, their last five games include trips to Sampdoria, Genoa, Palermo and home ties with Fiorentina and Juventus. Doesn't get much harder than that. It's between Roma and Inter.

Well I'm a very happy man as a Samuel Eto'o goal was enough for us to win the 2nd Leg this morning against Fiorentina in the Coppa Italia. It came in the 57th minute after what was a fairly even game, but Eto'o being the man that he is finished off the goal that was set up to him by Thiago Motta. Really good to see Eto'o scoring in recent weeks, hopefully it's a sign of things to come in the Champions League and the rest of the Serie A season.

Well I'm a very happy man as a Samuel Eto'o goal was enough for us to win the 2nd Leg this morning against Fiorentina in the Coppa Italia. It came in the 57th minute after what was a fairly even game, but Eto'o being the man that he is finished off the goal that was set up to him by Thiago Motta.
Was that on Setanta? :confused:

Really good to see Eto'o scoring in recent weeks, hopefully it's a sign of things to come in the Champions League and the rest of the Serie A season.
He's been on a hot streak lately, that's for sure.

Fiorentina 0-1 Inter Milan: Match Highlights

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0YQVAfsEMc[/youtube]

Fantastic chip pass from Motta, and Eto'o buried it past Frey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inter defeated Juventus 2-0 at the San Siro last night thanks to the referee and Juventus midfielder Momo Sissoko. Inter was very lucky not to give away a first half penalty given Walter Samuel clearly tugged the shirt of a Juventus player at a corner. The ref gave him a yellow card, but there was no penalty. Inexplicable. Referees seem to be remarkably lenient on shirt-tugging. They should read the rules.

Sissoko did what he used to do too often when he was at Liverpool - got himself a yellow then a red card. Inter failed to capitalise and it was 0-0 at half time. In the second half Inter took advantage of the extra man but squandered one opportunity after another. Diego Milito of all people, missed three easy chances. Eto'o blew another. Eventually though, Inter broke through with a brilliant volley by Douglas Maicon. It was a case of miss the easy, get the hard. Go figure. Towards the end of the match a nice cross by Muntari set up Eto'o for a simple tap-in.

Eto'o got himself a yellow card for removing his shirt during the celebration. Balotelli got himself another yellow card too. I am now completely and utterly convinced that black players are more prone to getting cards than players of other races.

Inter won a vital victory even if it was a mediocre performance. We'll need to lift against Barcelona mid-week.

Yeah the 1st Half was rather spiteful, but as you said, once Sissoko went off the game completely changed. Juventus were actually playing pretty well until then, but once Momo was gone, it was complete domination from Inter.

I can't believe how many chances Eto'o and Milito wasted. They'll need to be at the top of their games on Wednesday morning.

Inter defeated Juventus 2-0 at the San Siro last night thanks to the referee and Juventus midfielder Momo Sissoko. Inter was very lucky not to give away a first half penalty given Walter Samuel clearly tugged the shirt of a Juventus player at a corner. The ref gave him a yellow card, but there was no penalty. Inexplicable. Referees seem to be remarkably lenient on shirt-tugging. They should read the rules.

Sissoko did what he used to do too often when he was at Liverpool - got himself a yellow then a red card. Inter failed to capitalise and it was 0-0 at half time. In the second half Inter took advantage of the extra man but squandered one opportunity after another. Diego Milito of all people, missed three easy chances. Eto'o blew another. Eventually though, Inter broke through with a brilliant volley by Douglas Maicon. It was a case of miss the easy, get the hard. Go figure. Towards the end of the match a nice cross by Muntari set up Eto'o for a simple tap-in.

Eto'o got himself a yellow card for removing his shirt during the celebration. Balotelli got himself another yellow card too. I am now completely and utterly convinced that black players are more prone to getting cards than players of other races.

Inter won a vital victory even if it was a mediocre performance. We'll need to lift against Barcelona mid-week.

That's because you're racist.

Well, in case you haven't heard or didn't see it, Inter beat Barcelona 3-1 in what was a scintillating display and a highly entertaining game. :D We've got a huge advantage going into the second leg, but Barcelona is a very dangerous opponent, so the job isn't done yet.

Also making the news was Zlatan Ibrahimovic's revelation that he saw Marco Materazzi "attack" Mario Balotelli in the race after the game.

Well, in case you've been living in a hole in the ground for the last week Inter defeated Barcelona on aggregate and is through to the final of the UCL. Down to ten men, we were fantastic in holding Barcelona to just the one goal. Inter is now hot favourites to win the UCL.

But we were back to the Serie A on the weekend with a tough fixture against Lazio in Rome. Fortunately Inter played extremely well, even if we did struggle to put away chances in the first half. But Inter scored two headers from corners to get the job done 2-0 and go back on top of the Serie A. :D

Coppa Italia Final: Roma vs. Inter Milan - LIVE on Setenta Sports @ 4:45am.

Well it's the Coppa Italia Final tomorrow morning, between Italy's two best teams and it's at the Stadio Olimpico in what should be a very fiery game. Firstly, here's the two teams runs to the Final.

Roma -
Round of 16: Def. Triestina 3-1.
Quarter Finals: Def. Catania 1-0.
Semi Finals: Def. Udinese 2-1 on aggregate. 2-0 - 0-1.

Inter Milan -
Round of 16: Def. Livorno 1-0.
Quarter Finals: Def. Juventus 2-1.
Semi Finals: Def. Fiorentina 2-0 on aggregate. 1-0 - 1-0.

Team News: For Roma, Marco Casseti is suspended, but apart from that, Ranieri has a full strength squad to choose from. For Inter, the big outs are Lucio and Wesley Sneijder. Wesley was risked for the 2nd Leg against Barcelona in the Champions League, and then also the Lazio game, but unfortunately he hasn't pulled up, and the Champions League Final is the priority.

Probable Line-Ups -

Rome: Sergio, Burdisso, Juan, Mexes, Riise, Pizarro, De Rossi Menez, Perrotta, Vucinic, Totti

Inter Milan: Julio Cesar, Zanetti, Lucio, Samuel, Chivu, Maicon, Cambiasso, Motta, Stankovic, Eto'o, Milito

Prediction: I think the first twenty or so minutes will be very tense. Both teams want one over the other, and add to that, it's Mourinho vs. Ranieri. Roma will still be feeling angry after Lazio pretty much let Inter win on the weekend. The last time the two teams met was a couple of months back, at the Stadio Olimpico, with Roma getting what I thought was a lucky 2-1. They dominated the 1st Half, but we equalized midway through the 2nd Half, only for Roma to answer back straight away.

I think if we can score first we'll win, but Sneijder out is a big loss, one, coupled with the match being in Rome, I don't fancy our chances.

Roma 2-1.

Coppa Italia Final: Inter 1-0 Roma

Well we've grabbed our first piece of silverware of the season, after winning 1-0 against Roma in the Coppa Italia Final in Rome. It was a very fiery match, including Francesco Totti sent off for kicking Mario Balotelli in the leg, which was completely unwarranted. The deciding moment in the game came from a Roma turnover, and a fantastic finish from Diego Milito after beating three defenders. It was a goal fit to win any Cup Final.

The bad news was Wesley Sneijder limped off after just one minute, Mario Balotelli came on for him which was probably the good news as Mario saw some game time. Also, Ivan Cordoba got injured as well, had to be replaced by Walter Samuel and Lucio is still recovering from an injury he picked up against Lazio. As long as all are available for the Champions League Final, we should be OK.

Now we go back to Milan to face Chievo at home on the weekend.

Milito Goal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsVQp1PXhsI&feature=player_embedded

Totti Red Card - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKwd8LpkIb8&feature=player_embedded

Thanks for that, NERDY. I don't have Setanta so didn't get to see it. Very happy Inter won. Poor old Balotelli seems to always be in the wars. Only this time it wasn't self-inflicted. :p

Thanks for that, NERDY. I don't have Setanta so didn't get to see it. Very happy Inter won. Poor old Balotelli seems to always be in the wars. Only this time it wasn't self-inflicted. :p

Haha mate, I don't have Setanta Sports so didn't see the match either. Had to rely on match reports and some highlights packages.

On Balotelli, apparently he played well, and that foul from Totti on Mario just wasn't on.

Haha mate, I don't have Setanta Sports so didn't see the match either. Had to rely on match reports and some highlights packages.

On Balotelli, apparently he played well, and that foul from Totti on Mario just wasn't on.
Yeah, I saw the highlights - or in Totti's case, lowlights. :thumbsdown: Inter hosts Chievo Verona on Sunday night on ESPN. Go Inter!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back