List Mgmt. The Hangover

Remove this Banner Ad

Good lord, you are drunk. You were arguing that "case law will apply to Jordan's case" then I said "yeah, no sh*t sherlock, but that statement is irrelevant to the argument about legal definitions". I did not say "case law has literally nothing to do with legal definitions"... Do I need to make it more simple for you? Do you understand the difference my "learned" friend.

You would get absolutely torn apart in a real court :think:

I love it! I think my crowning moment as a lawyer was in the 90s during a transaction when Mike Fitzpatrick rang the head of a certain bank to complain that his lawyer working on the deal was a little smartarse.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Most of the time companies way up the effect bad press will have of them by keeping a criminal versus the benefits they provide the company, it's capitalism. Jordan is lucky that he's a gifted footballer otherwise he'd probably already be cut by now, like many others have been.
None of which addresses any of my questions.

But what is the case for doing so? Why should people be punished twice? Does it mean they’ve become permanently unemployable? How do they get to redeem themselves and live better lives? We need to act according to principle, not populist clamour.
Regardless of current circumstances those convicted of crime have always suffered thus, it's not a populist thing at all.

With social media so all pervasive there simply isn't anywhere to hide - why do you imagine we are struggling to throw off Covid"

Simply because the anti-vaxers have hijacked social media and flooded it with their mantra.

Regardless of current circumstances those convicted of crime have always suffered thus, it's not a populist thing at all.

With social media so all pervasive there simply isn't anywhere to hide - why do you imagine we are struggling to throw off Covid"

Simply because the anti-vaxers have hijacked social media and flooded it with their mantra.
I’m just trying to stand up for principle. I understand that organisations cave in to popular sentiment. I’m saying they shouldn’t when the case for doing so is threadbare.

It's Graeme Wright and whoever is going to be our new list manager who would make those calls, not the senior coach

You really think a coach like Clarkson or Choco will agree to take over as senior coach but have no say in who they retain or let go?

so you think Clarkson did not have the final say on Hodge, Mitchell, Roughie? I find that very very hard to believe.

I’m just trying to stand up for principle. I understand that organisations cave in to popular sentiment. I’m saying they shouldn’t when the case for doing so is threadbare.
The judge will decide. Then the club will act if required.

I have no opinion one way or another, I judge a man by his actions as I witness them.
If he is a true man he has my respect, regardless of contrary opinion.
Actions for me are the window to the soul.

Most of the others named are dead wood. Out of that lot, it may depend who is prepared to stay for minimum fish and chips.

I would expect by this time next season Macrae, Poulter, McCreery, Henry, Nick Daicos, Tyler Brown, Bianco, Lynch, McInnes will all be regular senior players. IQ is already in our best team.

Lynch/Cameron could job share if Grundy were to leave.
Macrae/Poulter could take over Crisp role
Henry/Kelly could take over Mihocek role
Tyler Brown replaces Sier
Mcreery/McInnes replaces - Josh Thomas

If Grundy were to leave then King or Rowell can be added to the mix.

I have not included Nathan Murphy (not sure has a spot if Howe returns) , Kelly or McMahon (may take longer), Ash Johnston. Not sure re Rantall.

The bolded would be an extraordinary outcome and possibly be the greatest drafting performance in the history of the game. Especially if 5 of our 6 draftees from 2020 were already established in the team by 2/3 of the way through next season. Although if we had that mass inexperience in the team by mid 22 you assume we would be in a bad way and I would worry about the damage done to the development of those kids thrown to the wolves.

I think you need to give them more time and allow that a few of them wont make the grade.

The bolded would be an extraordinary outcome and possibly be the greatest drafting performance in the history of the game. Especially if 5 of our 6 draftees from 2020 were already established in the team by 2/3 of the way through next season. Although if we had that mass inexperience in the team by mid 22 you assume we would be in a bad way and I would worry about the damage done to the development of those kids thrown to the wolves.

I think you need to give them more time and allow that a few of them wont make the grade.

You could be right. I do not think it’s impossible though. Another 7 games this season, pre season and then another dozen games next season to establish themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s not necessary? He is up on a charge and will be judged very soon!

Doesn't mean that there has been a significant change in the circumstances of the case, just that a review suggested that it was worthwhile taking it to court whereas previously they considered otherwise. It's unlikely the victim suddenly remembered 5-6 years later that JDG also had his pants down around his ankles and was furiously masturbating when the offence originally occurred.

Last edited:
Doesn't mean that there has been a significant change in the circumstances of the case, just that a review suggested that it was worthwhile taking it to court whereas previously they considered otherwise. It's unlikely the victim suddenly remembered 5-6 years later that JDG also had his pants down around his ankles and was furiously masturbating, and a knife to her throat, when the offence originally occurred.
I think this conversation has reached a conclusion Jackass, at least from my end.
I’ll wait for the judgement.

But what is the case for doing so? Why should people be punished twice? Does it mean they’ve become permanently unemployable? How do they get to redeem themselves and live better lives? We need to act according to principle, not populist clamour.

I'd have thought that people only lose their jobs when the offence occurs in the workplace or against/with a work colleague, unless the seriousness of the offence merits otherwise. The AFL and the club both signed off on a course of action as a redress for this case a couple of years ago which IMHO implies it isn't at that serious end of the spectrum.

Doesn't mean that there has been a significant change in the circumstances of the case, just that a review suggested that it was worthwhile taking it to court whereas previously they considered otherwise. It's unlikely the victim suddenly remembered 5-6 years later that JDG also had his pants down around his ankles and was furiously masturbating when the offence originally occurred.

Might have repressed that memory, I know I’m trying to repress the mental image you’ve just given me.

renegotiate as in do the contract again and you take less money.

GW is not silly enough to back end deals etc.

its my way of the highway.
Won’t happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back