Roast The flogs in the media

Remove this Banner Ad

It's going to be extremely difficult for the AFL to conclusively prove that tanking occurred. If they try to sanction the club, the club will take it further. MFC will keep on keeping on. Don't sweat it friends.

Robbo is now employed with the club, I doubt it's him.

Would have to be someone completely removed.

Robbo is now employed with the club, I doubt it's him.

Would have to be someone completely removed.
There have been a couple of comments from "a source who asked not to be named because he is still involved with the club." Robbo has previously hinted at things this year but refused to elaborate because "he is still involved with the club."

That said, if anyone said anything concrete to him, the club deserves to go down. If no one said anything to him then he has no evidence other than "everyone thought we were tanking because it looked the same from the inside as it looked from the outside."

List of good guys who have made well thought out comments on this issue and arent just trying to sell papers or get ratings -

Eddie McGuire
Patrick Smith
Beverly O'Connor

Unsurprisingly, they are three intelligent people.

There have been a couple of comments from "a source who asked not to be named because he is still involved with the club." Robbo has previously hinted at things this year but refused to elaborate because "he is still involved with the club."

That said, if anyone said anything concrete to him, the club deserves to go down. If no one said anything to him then he has no evidence other than "everyone thought we were tanking because it looked the same from the inside as it looked from the outside."

Sorry to stick my oar in and l'm not trying to troll, but didnt l read that Mahoney has confessed to a lot of discussions that took place?

Some of the "silent quotes" is just bullshit amateurish media... something you'd see at a high-school pamphlet, but there seems to be too much known about secret meetings for a lot of the information that is coming out to be too far off te mark.

FWIW, its the biggest hypocrisy ever. The same could easily be said about my club, should we have lost the game in question. And there was a game against StKilda either that year or the year after (cant remember) where l thought... this stinks. It was being done by everyone.

Sorry to stick my oar in and l'm not trying to troll, but didnt l read that Mahoney has confessed to a lot of discussions that took place?

Some of the "silent quotes" is just bullshit amateurish media... something you'd see at a high-school pamphlet, but there seems to be too much known about secret meetings for a lot of the information that is coming out to be too far off te mark.

FWIW, its the biggest hypocrisy ever. The same could easily be said about my club, should we have lost the game in question. And there was a game against StKilda either that year or the year after (cant remember) where l thought... this stinks. It was being done by everyone.

You ever actually sat down and watched the Kreuzer Cup?

You ever actually sat down and watched the Kreuzer Cup?

Not recently, but exactly, its ridiculous for the AFL to make a mockery of investigating Melbourne, when the Scum were laughing in the coaches box and not trying to douse their own spectators joy of winning the Kreuzer Cup. Bloody Fevola opening admitted to welcoming the extra draft pick before he had even had a shower.

Its been going on for years and its ridiculous that the heat is on Melbourne for doing what everyone was/is doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh great, more Greg Denham on SEN talking about Melbourne in the next half hour.

What kind of moron advertises himself by the nickname "Venom" anyway? Isn't that just a declaration that you are going to be deliberately poisonous whenever you speak?

Oh great, more Greg Denham on SEN talking about Melbourne in the next half hour.

What kind of moron advertises himself by the nickname "Venom" anyway? Isn't that just a declaration that you are going to be deliberately poisonous whenever you speak?

He's a fkwit of the highest order

and the headline.....Clark Silent on Tanking

"Yeah I remember back in '09, oh hang on, I wasn't there"

Fkwits

Clarke has said as much as he can about an affair he knows nothing about - that it's not affecting the moral of the players as they get into pre-season. :thumbsu:

and the headline.....Clark Silent on Tanking

"Yeah I remember back in '09, oh hang on, I wasn't there"

Fkwits

On the AFL website no less.

There are some very disturbing forces at work here when even the players are brought into it.

They might have to rename the league Un-Australian Football League because this is where it's heading.

In tandem with their salivating media whores, they're all dogs.

No matter what happens in regards to the investigation, the media has an agenda and want their pound of flesh and the sad thing is the AFL will give it to them.

No matter what happens in regards to the investigation, the media has an agenda and want their pound of flesh and the sad thing is the AFL will give it to them.

The pound of flesh and the draft-picks (if any) doesn't bother me tbh. It is the legacy of 10 yrs of tanking by multiple clubs that will be propped on 1 club so that everyone else can re-write history, feel better and move on - that is the problem.

McGuire not only summed up the situation but the whole culture of it all. Melbourne would have been a "laughing stock" if they had missed out on the priority pick. This reality emanated from the whole discourse of positioning for priority picks over the course of 10 years or more. The AFL knows it, most people in the football fraternity know it and most footy fans know it.

"But herein lies part of the problem. Squeeze the media's access too hard and you find that you end up oppressing the truth. If journalists are starved of the facts, they will make them up. They have to. In the digital age the need to fill a few column inches has multiplied a thousandfold, stuff has to be written.

The media won't just make stuff up in a random manner - they aim to get it right some way down the line: they speculate, placing a grain of truth in each article to grow the fables within. These missives plant seeds of doubt within the club, players begin to question what is happening, fans become disgruntled, the whole thing becomes self-fulfilling. "
Quoted from a blog in relation to a premier league club in England which is also under the hammer. Seems appropriate for this thread .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back