The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't. It's not that complicated and a spreadsheet will probably be used to track them anyway.
Does any other official system seperate games by whether they were good or not? The system doesn't have to be perfect. I mean, surely there's merit in being the best player when the chips are down and the rest of the team isn't doing much?

It's a fan best player award, g.

Yeah, I thought 3,2,1 was the simplest way but 5-1 should be as technical as it gets. Jod would be giving Can 100 votes per game otherwise.

What does everyone think about this supposed takeover bid from China?

In a nutshell, everything I've read suggests a firm called China Everbright have tabled a bid. Their financial backer is the Chinese Investment Corporation, who themselves are backed by the Chinese government (quick google search says they have assets valued around the $800 billion mark, to put that in perspective, Sheik Mansour who owns city is worth around $30 billion)

Most reports say though that FSG will most likely sell a 'small investment stake' in the club.

Liverpool could be on the brink of becoming absurdly rich....

Would rather sell to Arabs. If only we had sold to DIC all those years ago.

Anyway, FSG came out a couple of days ago and said they aren't selling.

Yeah the Chinese communists make the Arabs or Russian oil barons look like the Justice League

I think as a club and its supporters we have to start asking the hard questions about how much we're willing to compromise for potential success. What the CCP stands for is the complete opposite of what the football club should be about: the communists have traditionally ****ed over the kind of working class people that are from Liverpool, and that those affected by Hillsborough fought so hard for justice for so many years then you allow someone who's still covering Tiananmen and other massacres to own it

I'm hoping it's all smokes and no fire, FSG has to make a stand here and I hope they do the right thing by the club and the fans, there are things in life more important than football and money

Surely there's some rich Nigerian billionaire that wants to buy this club and spend his money buying big black beasts.

Yes there is one but he is asking FSG deposit 1m pounds via western money transfer before going ahead with the sale.

Would rather sell to Arabs. If only we had sold to DIC all those years ago.

Anyway, FSG came out a couple of days ago and said they aren't selling.

We dodged a bullet with DIC as it turns out, they got hit hard by the global financial crisis. We might have even been in a worse position with them than we were with Hicks and Gillet.

They probably would have sold us without having to be told to by a court though when things got bad. Plus, Rafa would have been given the money to get the players he wanted (Aguero and Silva come to mind) instead of being **** blocked by H&G. Might have got us a title or 2 and possible a Champions League. Unfortunately, we will never know.

I'm with Cooldude on not selling to communist chinese party linked companies. There's gotta be a limit somewhere to the ethics of who owns our club and the communist party of china are guilty of some terrible atrocities. I mean what's next, King Jong Un buying the club just because he has endless reserves of cash?

Could accept a Chinese company sponsoring us to target the Chinese market but that's about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put it this way, use Australia as an example: there will be tribute to Mao concerts held at both Melbourne and Sydney town halls next month, it's as ridiculous as tribute concerts to Hitler or Stalin, in a free country like Australia. But why are they allowed to happen? Because Australia's becoming economically reliant on China and there's a growing subversive political leverage that China's having within the country

What do you think the club would descend into when you become a state-run Chinese company's plaything? At some point you have to make a stand and not sell out your humanity and decency for money. Besides, do not trust them to run the club in the club's best interest, Hicks and Gillets are everywhere in China

Sorry to bore people with my long winding personal stories, but I'm obviously very emotionally invested in this whole China thing. Both my mum and dad's side of the family fled China to Hong Kong when the whole shit went down during the Great Leap Forward, just as well coz at least that meant they dodged the Cultural Revolution. My mum was made to read that little red book of Mao's from a young age every morning as some sorta brainwashing ritual. My grandad (my dad's dad) died early from as little as a common flu because you can't even access a doctor back then, things were that bad. To rub it in, the communist rooted out his tombstone (and everyone else around him) to build roads with during that time

I also know people who were at Tiananmen and knew exactly what went down, apart from the obvious massacre, I was told stories of nurses being shot into beehives for daring to go help the injured and the dying. 45 tanks rolled by the place.

Chinese Communist is probably the most immoral authoritarian government in modern history, even today they are silencing people who defy them (journos in Hong Kong, lawyers in China), snuffing out dissent, throwing their weight around and bullying things into submission to get what they want (see the South China Seas), endangering the peace of the world. Their influence everywhere now frightens me greatly

I hope Liverpool supporters in the city would make a stand against it coz a lot of them are politically very aware and clued in, if they try to buy their way into our football club we should be making it perfectly clear that they are not welcomed

I believe FSG when they say they're not going to sell.

However, the thought of selling a small stake, say 10 or 20 percent, to someone who has deep pockets is something that I don't think anyone could argue with.

It's something that's been done at other clubs (such as Atletico Madrid) and something which I think Liverpool could immensely benefit from.

I believe FSG when they say they're not going to sell.

However, the thought of selling a small stake, say 10 or 20 percent, to someone who has deep pockets is something that I don't think anyone could argue with.

It's something that's been done at other clubs (such as Atletico Madrid) and something which I think Liverpool could immensely benefit from.
I feel like you've missed the point somewhat

Sorry to bore people with my long winding personal stories, but I'm obviously very emotionally invested in this whole China thing. Both my mum and dad's side of the family fled China to Hong Kong when the whole shit went down during the Great Leap Forward, just as well coz at least that meant they dodged the Cultural Revolution. My mum was made to read that little red book of Mao's from a young age every morning as some sorta brainwashing ritual. My grandad (my dad's dad) died early from as little as a common flu because you can't even access a doctor back then, things were that bad. To rub it in, the communist rooted out his tombstone (and everyone else around him) to build roads with during that time

I also know people who were at Tiananmen and knew exactly what went down, apart from the obvious massacre, I was told stories of nurses being shot into beehives for daring to go help the injured and the dying. 45 tanks rolled by the place.

Chinese Communist is probably the most immoral authoritarian government in modern history, even today they are silencing people who defy them (journos in Hong Kong, lawyers in China), snuffing out dissent, throwing their weight around and bullying things into submission to get what they want (see the South China Seas), endangering the peace of the world. Their influence everywhere now frightens me greatly

I hope Liverpool supporters in the city would make a stand against it coz a lot of them are politically very aware and clued in, if they try to buy their way into our football club we should be making it perfectly clear that they are not welcomed

Don't forget the panama papers scandal. President Xi complicit in allowing Chinese money to be transferred off shore for investment use. It was shut down completely in China. So much for "communism" and the greater good for all. I'd be very wary of what happens if President Xi is ousted and a not so soccer loving replacement comes in. Would have ramifications for us if we had part Chinese ownership.

Don't forget the panama papers scandal. President Xi complicit in allowing Chinese money to be transferred off shore for investment use. It was shut down completely in China. So much for "communism" and the greater good for all. I'd be very wary of what happens if President Xi is ousted and a not so soccer loving replacement comes in. Would have ramifications for us if we had part Chinese ownership.

Xi Jing Ping is trying to be Mao mk II, building an ultra-nationalist propaganda campaign, cult of personality and centralising all the power to himself. Human rights issues are getting worse and worse under him as he tries to be more and more of a dictator in order to win over the inner-party struggles. Add to the unstable economy that could very soon collapse, you have a clusterpot of chaos ready to implode any minute, one way or another

If the club becomes reliant on a state like that then we're gonna be dragged into that cluster****, even if we ignore all the obvious moral reasons why they shouldn't own us

And don't believe they'll be satisfied with a small stake, Chinese government or any companies don't play 2nd fiddle. They're like snakes, they either swallow you whole, or they find a weak spot they can wrap their jaw around and then slowly and slowly eat the whole thing. Small stake will become a big stake then become all the stakes, by any means necessary, that is the China way. I wouldn't even like to predict what turmoil it'd throw the club into if they start with a small stake then do their inevitable powerplay/power struggle

As long FSG do the right background checking, which clearly they are as they've already knocked back numerous ofders from chinese investers, we should be backing them into making the right call IMO. No need to panic yet.

Just for the sake of discussion, can FSG be bought out in some kind of hostile takeover? And, hypothetically, if they were brought out by some kind of Chinese sovereign wealth fund what would be in it for the Chinese? Surely Liverpool's money making potential is minuscule at that kind of level. Unlike the Chelsea/City case this wouldn't be a rich guy's plaything.

Just for the sake of discussion, can FSG be bought out in some kind of hostile takeover?
Can't the FA step in if the club looks like it's going to owners unfit for purpose? FSG's position isn't untenable so the FA would have no cause to kick them off particularly for a consortium that can't play nice. So I couldn't see that being possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back