The Bigfooty FC Barcelona Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what to say on Busquets. Conceded an own goal but didn't really put a foot (or head) wrong apart from that. Had to deal with very little so hard to rate his game. Abidal I thought was quite influential. Obviously deployed as the primary stopper while Busquets game was more of a sweeper role.

Alves had to work a bit on Nasri, but did his job well. Had acres to move in as Arsenal had to close down the channels between Villa, Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. Still not sure whether I want to retain him as a player though.

Iniesta, what a god, absolute masterclass for the first goal. His runs, while not as mesmerising as Messi's, are just as decisive. Loved his performance.

Masch did well as well. Game saving tackle on Bendtner at the end.

Any preferences for the quarters? I'm going out on a limb by saying Chelsea @ home for the first leg.

We always get the easy draw, remember? ;)

I'd like Spurs. Then Utd. Then Real or more likely Chelsea in the final.

Barcelona had more shots on its own goal than Arsenal did. This was the first time since Opta has produced statistics on the Champions League -- almost a decade now -- that any team has finished the match without a single shot.

:thumbsu:

Xavi alone completed more passes than Cesc Fabregas, Jack Wilshere, Tomas Rosicky, Abou Diaby, Bendtner, Andrei Arshavin and Van Persie combined. So did Andres Iniesta.

:thumbsu:

Van Persie took a shot after the whistle. He said he had not heard the whistle. If not, then it was a dreadful shot and one taken with remarkable abandon, with a lack of concentration -- a loose, frustrated swing of the boot. The swing of a man who knows the whistle has gone. A reaction. A yellow card offense. His second.

So true. Look at van Persie's body language, right after his rather average attempt to score. That's not a player who thinks he's just missed the opportunity of the game, that's a player who just took a shot knowing very well he was called offside.

[youtube]cE5ai59cds0[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back