Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2005
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New York Knicks, Redskins, NUFC
hay all... inspired by some other teams certain threads and thought there are quite a few barca fans lying around this site such as bluejay and barca_rulz and surely plenty more to come with our recent success so i thought why can't we have a thread totally dedicated the Blaugrana and perhaps other spainish fans can post some of there info in here to if they want, hope we all like the idea

i'll try and get some discussion going

- people happy with our start?? i'd presume so 2 cups in a week :p

- situation with eto'o's tantrum

- where and when will saviola go??

- think we can go all the way this year and win 7 trophies?

Best Thread Ever. :D

You have to appreciate Barca and how they go about playing their games.

people happy with our start?? i'd presume so 2 cups in a week

Thats a given really. How many teams do you know that have won 2 trophies in 2 days? :p I know the Joan Gamper isn't really a trophy, but winning it is sure as hell better than losing it, and the fact that it was an emphatic spanking made it that much better.
---

- situation with eto'o's trantrum

Expected, but still a bad move by him. He was unsettled because he was still finding it hard to score again and Guddy and Savi seemed to be doing well. However, with these two goals i think his confidence is back. He was seen talking and having a laugh with Guddy, but then again his problem was never Guddy, it was actually being subbed.

Rijkaard, and the three man leadership group at Barca have talked to him, and i think all is well for now, but he has to start getting perspective. He can't expect to play every minuted oe evry game, especially in a game we had all but won and we had a tight schedule ahead of us.
---

- where and when will saviola go??

The defining moment of the JG trophy was when Savi scored, and then they cut to the look on Rijkaards face. He was smiling in a way that said "Damn that guy, he is too good to let go of" and then the whole stadium started chanting "SAVIOLA".. Could mean he might stay on, afterall we do have a tight schedule. Nothing is written in stone though.

I personally would love if he stayed, but only if he shows he is about the team and takes the wage cut and signs a new contract. I have always liked him, and he appeared to like the Barca fans reception of him at the Nou Camp.
---

- think we can go all the way this year and win 7 trophies?

It will be tough there is no doubt in my mind about that. However, we have the depth and versatility to pull it off. My main focuss in on the league and the CL, anything extra would be a great addition. Since we have won 2/2 already, its been a great start, but i hope that Rijkaard now focuses on what matters the most.

We have the UEFA Super Cup coming up in a couple of days, that should be a good match, and 3/3 would be nothing short of awesome, but the following would by my list of priorities:

- La Liga
- CL
- Club World Cup
- UEFA Super Cup
- Spanish Super Cup (DONE)
- Copa Del Rey
- Joan Gamper (DONE)

big game against sevilla in the next 12 hours... i'm happy that its the feature game on SBS on sunday arvo from 2pm haven't watched us fully in action this year just highlights through youtube

Bourky23 said:
big game against sevilla in the next 12 hours... i'm happy that its the feature game on SBS on sunday arvo from 2pm haven't watched us fully in action this year just highlights through youtube

Mate thats awesome news. It won't be live, but it'll still be a Barca game. Hopefuly we can make it 3 for 3 tonight.

very disappointing effort... i don't understand why we aren't starting zambrotta and thuram, maybe they are just easing them into the team structure but i just have always gone by making sure your best 11 are on the park

It was a tough loss. We have bigger fish to fry, but this is still going to be fresh in some minds. Overall i think the reason we lost was that Sevilla knew how to play us, the threw numbers back, and then attacked where we were weakest, and that is on the wings on the counter, we had Belleti and Sylvinho playing, which i find to be very wierd. Anyway, you win some you lose some, a good old slap-to-the-face should wake this team up, could be a good wake up call, im just glad it came now instead of coming later on in one of the more influential season games.

Bourky23 said:
very disappointing effort... i don't understand why we aren't starting zambrotta and thuram, maybe they are just easing them into the team structure but i just have always gone by making sure your best 11 are on the park

Yea, but it was a practise match at the end of the day.

Barca's first game is on Sunday - this was always going to be a bit of flat one. I watched the game and I can honestly say it's the worst Ive seen Barca in a long time, they could easily have conceeded another 2 or even 3. Totally outclassed, which was a bit surreal as on paper it was a good team they fielded.

However, they wont play like that again, you could nearly bet your bottom dollar. Super Cups and one-off trophies are often won by the smaller team, Barca had no motivation, especially with a real game to play within 48 hours.

Puyol was good, Barca's best, and Id say Thuram and Zambro will start on Sunday - they will hardly be as leaky as they were this morning.

I dont know about other practise matches, but Ronaldinho sorta looks like where he was at the WC. A bit flat, and while ok, not the same player he has been. Im not sure if he is carrying something or not.

Smokin said:
I dont know about other practise matches, but Ronaldinho sorta looks like where he was at the WC. A bit flat, and while ok, not the same player he has been. Im not sure if he is carrying something or not.
he has been solid without being overly impressive... definetly not an injury, just needing a bit of a spark of motivation which im sure he'll find once the bigger stuff begins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the match with one eye and I thought they weren't that bad at all. It looked like they had many chances, but so did Sevilla who played some great football.

I'm not worried at all, last season's start was dramatic, people were saying the club was in crisis, and look where it all ended up.

Tonight will be a telling match against Celta. We need to win, and we need to do it well. Celta are a strong team, but i expect/hope Barca will bounce back well.

Definately deserved winners, that sedcond half was all class, but some worrying signs in defence. Both Marquez and Edmilson were beaten for goals, these guys were very solid last season. We just need the defence to focuss again, the attack looked good, even without Ronnie.

i personally prefer marquez in a defensive midfield role... my back 4 would be zambrotta - thuram - puyol - belletti/van bronckhorst

IMO too many people buy the Ronnie one. Every person i see has it. I like to be different. Last season i bought the Deco one, and the Marquez one. This season i might go for Gio and Edmilson, just players i like.

yeah it was the only one i could get... if i got to choose i wulda got home strip with messi 19 on the back

Apparently Saviola decided to stay before the deadline passed. According to him "it was a sporting decision, not one based on money". Thats actually good news to me, i wouldn't mind seeing him getting some playing time during this seasons crowded schedule. However, rumor is that Rijkaard really doesn't want him and could end up playing him in Barca B :eek:.

Saviola'll leave on a bosman. Hell, he'd be an Arsenal player now if Barcelona hadn't have been dicks with the transfer fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back