The BigFooty Aston Villa Army

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you guys will probably be right up their for promotion. Bruce is a good manager with plenty of promotion and championship experience. What areas of the team do you think need strengthening most in the transfer window?

P.S Thanks for helping us win the title. Was unexpected so late on but a nice cheery for the season that was. :p

Haha you're welcome.

Couldn't beat the pauper teams but then knock Brighton off ffs

Funny old league the Championship. We won the title but couldn't beat relegated Blackburn home or away. :huh:

Would be good to see Jedinak lead you guys back to the PL! :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ haha :D

Lost 2-1 to Shrewsbury overnight, with Bruce tinkering with the lineup. 0-0 for the first 60 then he put Richards on and send Hutton to CB for some reason and it all fell apart. Richards must be on a decent contract for us not to have f**ked him off yet. From all reports he was horrid.

Garnder was the other reason we conceded apparently. No surprises there.

It's only a pre-season match so I'm not reading into it too much.

Current squad and shirt numbers

1. Sam Johnstone
2. Ritchie De Laet
3. Neil Taylor
4. Chris Samba
5. James Chester
6. Glenn Whelan
7. Leandro Bacuna
8. Henri Lansbury
9. Scott Hogan
10. Jack Grealish
11. Gabriel Agbonlahor
13. Jed Steer
14. Conor Hourihane
15. Mile Jedinak
16. James Bree
17. Micah Richards
19. Andre Green
20. Birkir Bjarnason
21. Alan Hutton
22. Jonathan Kodjia
23. Jordan Amavi
24. Tommy Elphick
25. Gary Gardner
26. John Terry
27. Ahmed Elmohamady
31. Mark Bunn
37. Albert Adomah
44. Ross McCormack

Some thoughts after that great win:
- Davis must start every game. He's shown more in one game than Gabby and Hogan combined in the last two years. Gabby shouldn't get a run in anything other than cup matches or when we're desperate due to injuries.
- Hourihane is fantastic.
- Hutton is the bloke who gives Satan nightmares. Feed him anthrax and be done with it.
- Jedi should take Whelan's spot as soon as he's fit.

Three on the trot and we've got hope again.

We have a tough away game in two matches at Sheffield United, and then after that we go through a patch of relatively average sides we should be able to put away.

The season ends with a glut of home games vs the top teams in the league, and I feel that will be our chance to lock second spot away should the stars align and we dodge the injury issues we appear to have survived in the last couple of months.

Dare to dream, Villans.

Last edited:
I was having a look at PL tables historically, and 3 years in a row you Villains were 6th, 2008-10. I knew you were good, but I guess it speaks of how dominant the 'big four' were then that it didn't seem to be that big deal at the time. Same with Everton being 5th/6th around that time, but not a particularly worrying fixture for most.

I do recall you being a thorn in the side of Man U, however, maybe getting a bunch of 2-1 wins over them.

Things looking up in the league, fingers crossed.

Still can't fathom how we lost to the Posh in the Cup though.

He played a quarter of our best side, and played two full backs as centre backs.

I'm fairly certain I know how we lost. And I'm even more certain it was intentional to lose.

Get us up, then we can worry about additional competitions.

I was having a look at PL tables historically, and 3 years in a row you Villains were 6th, 2008-10. I knew you were good, but I guess it speaks of how dominant the 'big four' were then that it didn't seem to be that big deal at the time. Same with Everton being 5th/6th around that time, but not a particularly worrying fixture for most.

I do recall you being a thorn in the side of Man U, however, maybe getting a bunch of 2-1 wins over them.

You're thinking of Liverpool. We rarely ever beat United.

I think we only knocked them off at Old Trafford once, but they've summarily smashed us at Villa park just about every time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back