The BigFooty Aston Villa army.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news Re: Stuart Downing.

Downing played the full 90mins in a behind closed doors match at Bodymoor on Tuesday against Lincoln. He scored a goal in a 3-0 victory

Other goalscorers if anyones interested were Jonathan Hogg and Marc Allbrighton.

From what I've seen this season, I think our best format is:

------------------------------ Friedel ----------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------
------------------ Collins ---------------- Dunn ------------------
------ Cuellar ---------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------ Warnock --------
---------------------- Petrov ------------------------------------
------ Milner ----------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------- Young -----------
---------------------------- Reo? -------------------------------
----------------- Carew -----------------------------------------
------------------------------------ Gabby ----------------------

But maybe something like this would work (sorry its a 4-3-3/4-3-1-2 Apollo):

------------------------------ Friedel ----------------------------
------------------ Collins ---------------- Dunn ------------------
------ Cuellar ---------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------ Warnock --------
---------------------- Petrov ------------------------------------
------ Milner ----------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------- Young -----------
--------------------------- Carew -------------------------------
------------ Delfouneso --------------- Gabby -------------------

...............or just use the top formation and slot Downing in the CM position :)

(or maybe I've just been playing FIFA 09 a bit too much lately)

A touch lucky to hold onto a 1-1 draw at home against Tottenham on the weekend.

I think our first half we played Ok and ran very hard but Tottenham were far to creative for us for the majority of the match and the last 40 minutes we pretty much just camped on the edge of the box and cleared..

Didnt give Milner or Young a chance to get into the game on the wings as they were back clearing balls for the majority of the match. Our midfield is really struggling at the moment and I was very surprised to see Sidwell get brought on instead of Downing when Reo-Coker went down.

Our midfield really struggled to hold any sort of possession. We need a class midfielder in January if MON is going to let Downing play second fiddle to the likes of Coker and Sidwell.

Chelsea go down to Blackburn in penalties in there Carling Cup Quarter Final which sets up a Villa v Blackburn Semi!!

Really happy with getting Blackburn as the other sides that are through are City and United.

Man United this Monday morn. Probably the best time possible to verse them. They've got Wolfsburg in Champs league tomorrow morning and half of their defence are injured - Vidic isn't going to Wolfsburg due to flu, Neville did his hamstring against W Ham and Evans and Wes Brown have been ruled out until Jan 2010. Evra's the only one fit. As well as we've been in good form of late. My prediction, Villa 2 Manchester Utd 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought the commentators and refs were giving Man U the benefit of the doubt on just about every 50:50 decision in the first half.

...and only 3 minutes of added time in the second half! Couldn't believe it.

Good win though. I'm still growing in my Villa support, but love beating Chelsea and Man U in the same season :)

Thought the commentators and refs were giving Man U the benefit of the doubt on just about every 50:50 decision in the first half.

...and only 3 minutes of added time in the second half! Couldn't believe it.

Good win though. I'm still growing in my Villa support, but love beating Chelsea and Man U in the same season :)
We beat Liverpool at Anfield, Chelsea pumped us bad.

I must be thinking about last season. Wow we have beaten three of the "big four" already? Bring on Arsenal!

Yeah, I forgot about that away win at Anfield too.

It seems as though we kind of lose any reservations we have about playing the Big 4, and just go out to attack.

I think having a keeper like Freids allows us the chance to do that - definitely top 2 or 3 keepers in the EPL this season for mine.

Yeah, I forgot about that away win at Anfield too.

It seems as though we kind of loose any reservations we have about playing the Big 4, and just go out to attack.

I think having a keeper like Freids allows us the chance to do that - definitely top 2 or 3 keepers in the EPL this season for mine.
Freidel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A Bowl of Soup >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Scott Carson

Nice win this morning, now we are sitting 3rd :thumbsu:

Code:
                P Pts
1 Chelsea       16 37
2 Man United    17 37
[B][SIZE=3]3 Aston Villa   17 32[/SIZE][/B] 
4 Arsenal       15 31
5 Tottenham     16 27
6 Birmingham    17 27
7 Man City      15 26
8 Liverpool     16 24
9 Fulham        16 23
10 Sunderland   17 21

Only problem is the Brum are 6th :thumbsdown:

I can say I had the honour of being at trafford on that faithful night last Saturday.. What a result! The Birmingham boys that made the trip up were in great voice.. Also got along to Sunderland last night and witnessed another win. Hopefully do stoke on Saturday and keep another clean sheet so I don't see villa scored against whilst I'm here :D

I can say I had the honour of being at trafford on that faithful night last Saturday.. What a result! The Birmingham boys that made the trip up were in great voice.. Also got along to Sunderland last night and witnessed another win. Hopefully do stoke on Saturday and keep another clean sheet so I don't see villa scored against whilst I'm here :D
You seem to be some kind of good luck charm. Mind staying there for a few more games....maybe until May?

You seem to be some kind of good luck charm. Mind staying there for a few more games....maybe until May?

Haha I tend to agree .. I should extend my stay over Christmas new year to battle the likes of arsenal and Liverpool. Scratched out a nice 1-0 win earlier today thanks to big John Carew :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back