Swansea Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 7, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Swansea, Wizards
Been kind of posting on this forum for a while now, and haven't found any other Swansea fans yet, so maybe if I start a thread, I'll get one or two out of the wood work?

Even if anyone has a bit of a soft spot for them, or the opposite, a bit of conversation in here would be great.

If no one else posts in here, ever, I'll just let it die!

Been a disappointing season thus far after the highs we reached last season. Well, really since the League Cup success we have been poor and struggled to put wins together.

All the injuries we currently have don't help, and the fact Michu wasn't banging them in like he was last season and is now injured - doesn't help. Bony has scored quite a few goals in all competitions, but not many of them in the PL.

Getting a few of our more influential players back over the next few weeks. I'd personally be making sure everyone is OK for the game after the FA cup, definitely not rushing them back.

Got a run of 4 games there and we must take a number of points from them. Fulham/West Ham/Cardiff/West Brown from memory.

I feel our signings over the summer have been OK. Pozuelo looks a great find @ only 500k - playing out of position out wide as well.

Canas has been OK, gives the ball away a bit, but he tries hard and cost peanuts.

Bony probably hasn't done as much as I was hoping, but he hasn't been helped by how poorly we have delivered the final ball at times this season. I think he is continuing to adjust to the pace of EPL and will continue to improve. Scored 12 goals in all competitions, so it's a decent return.

Jordi Amat I like the look of and did very well in the defensive midfielder role against Man U on the weekend just gone. Looked quite comfortable on the ball. Think he has overtaken Chico as partner to Williams TBH. Chico costing us quite a few goals.

But then there is Alvaro Vasquez, FMD this bloke is worse than Schecter. He has not looked like scoring a goal. Terrible on the ball, when he gets in to shooting positions he seems to shit himself.

I know we should be OK in relation to relegation, we have a fair bit of quality in comparison to the teams below and around us, and I'm hoping once we get a few of our important players we can start chalking up some 3 points.

Can't see relegation being a possibility for you guys. Swansea have the talent for a top half finish. Whether or not they realise that is a different matter. Love the bony signing, seems like a quality signing, same as amat. Need a fit and firing michu playing along side bony to truly realise the teams potential I believe. Michu is the key man for mine.

Forgot about Jonjo Shelvey above as well, I was quite critical of this signing when it originally came through. However, he looks a player. Still really young and he makes some poor decisions sometimes, but he is inventive and can hit a shot.

January Transfer Period

Been so frustrating IMO, I think it is obvious that the squad is crying out for some new additions.

Desperately need another striker. I still think it wouldn't be a bad idea to chase Aspas on loan. Hasn't been given much of a chance at Liverpool after some average performances early on.

If not, there is also a word around another Spaniard Ayoze Perez. He's been banging them in the Spanish second tier and despite him being only twenty, with an apparent release clause of less than 2mill, he could be a good signing and surely couldn't offer anything less than Vasquez.

I think we should've gone a bit harder for Ince. Looks like he's locked away to head to Monaco now. Some people were comparing with to Sinclair, but say what he want about Sinclair, he created chances and IMO Ince has a fair bit more upside than what Sinclair has.

I like the sound and look of Abdisalam Ibrahim and it sounds like he could add some depth into the midfield and come on the cheap at around 250k. It sounds like there are some clubs in France also keen, so it would be good if we are keen on Ibrahim that we do wrap this one up quickly.

I understand we have also been putting some effort into the young center half from Leicester, Liam Moore, he is highly rated and personally I would love to get him in. Fulham have had a 2m offer rejected, so perhaps would cost around 3m or so if we were interested.

We've been linked with Gomis again similar to how we were in the summer. It was reported that we offered 7m for him in the Summer but after he decided to stay with Lyon we moved on to Bony. I'd be surprised if we signed him, but wouldn't be unhappy - he can find the goals!

Also a bit of word around that we are interested in Pilkington, when Huw was questioned about it he said "he doesn't sign injured players"....he should be fully recovered in a week or so. I wouldn't mind Pilkington, I think he adds something. Wouldn't cost more than 1m either you wouldn't think.

Halfway through January and still no signings and still not being heavily linked with anyone. I know it will be nice when we start getting back some of these injured players, but we need to take this opportunity to improve the squad.

Can't see relegation being a possibility for you guys. Swansea have the talent for a top half finish. Whether or not they realise that is a different matter. Love the bony signing, seems like a quality signing, same as amat. Need a fit and firing michu playing along side bony to truly realise the teams potential I believe. Michu is the key man for mine.

You're right. Missing Michu is killing us, even when he was playing earlier in the season, he was snatching at his chances and wasn't quite the same.

It didn't work with Michu and Bony playing together, but I still think with Michu playing just behind Bony now he is a bit more accustomed to the pace of EPL it might work.

I think they are predicting Michu to be back training on the 25th of Jan. So hopefully back playing early feb.

Would happily give you kalas on loan for the remainder of the season if he was guaranteed 1st team game time. Isn't given much of a chance, not even in cup games, and with zouma being linked at the moment that won't change. Kalas needs to get used to the speed of the English game. Still rate kalas highly and believe if given the chance, he will one day make the Chelsea xi regularly.

Would happily give you kalas on loan for the remainder of the season if he was guaranteed 1st team game time. Isn't given much of a chance, not even in cup games, and with zouma being linked at the moment that won't change. Kalas needs to get used to the speed of the English game. Still rate kalas highly and believe if given the chance, he will one day make the Chelsea xi regularly.

Yeah, I'd love to have Kalas. I think he's looked great at times.

You do forget his only 20, seems like he's been around for ages.

I did find it humorous when Jose' said he would stay at Chelsea and fight for his spot this season. He was never going to get games. I'm unsure why he hasn't been loaned out already?

I'm really keen on Ayoze Perez, granted the second tier of the Spanish league isn't all that strong - however after watching a few videos of this kid, he really looks like he can play! Would add another dimension to our strike force.

Check out this video - the last goal is something else -

Looks the goods, could be then next michu if given the chance. I believe from memory michu was unheard of before his transfer and you know what happened next. Regarding kalas, I believe he is still regarded highly by mou but given the fact that Cahill/terry have formed a strong partnership, add Luiz to that mix and there's your answer. Ivan/azpilicueta are preffered at rb.

Looks the goods, could be then next michu if given the chance. I believe from memory michu was unheard of before his transfer and you know what happened next. Regarding kalas, I believe he is still regarded highly by mou but given the fact that Cahill/terry have formed a strong partnership, add Luiz to that mix and there's your answer. Ivan/azpilicueta are preffered at rb.

He does look good doesn't he. Looks like his got some pace to burn, which is always nice.

I suppose it's easy to make most players look good with a 1.30 minute video, but that curler at the end was something else.

Yeah, Michu was relatively unheard of last summer and signed him for 2.3m.

It's just frustrating that we aren't being a bit more active in the market. We haven't won in the league in 8 tries and despite injuries, it's just not good enough. We need to strengthen the squad.

Tremell isn't good enough in goal with Vorm out. Chico is lapsing in concentration. We've got no midfield depth.

I know that Laudrup is taking the gamble that we will be able to recover once they all return, but who's to so they don't suffer some more set backs over the next week or so.

Maybe we are just biding our time, but FFS we badly need something else. We are only 4 points off the bottom of the league.

We've had some tough fixtures past 3 or 4 weeks and we are actually playing OK football. Just hoping that when we start introducing some of these players who haven't played for 2,3,4,6 weeks when we are playing against the lower table sides that they don't take to long to get into the swing of things. We desperately need to take advantage of the 4 games after Spurs this week.

Gee it'd be handy if we got something out of this weeks game.

Looks from that video that he can pop goals in from out of nothing, desperately what you guys need to start scoring again, whether or not he can translate that to the English game is a different matter entirely. Clear to see that vorm is light years ahead of tremmel at the moment. A win this week could do wonders for the squads confidence, and hopefully give them the momentum to go on with it. Amazing how tight the league is this season, one win could get you guys right into the. MIx for a top half finish despite the current form. Crazy.

For ****s sakes, our club has been run ****ing incompetently this year.

Unluckily ANOTHER injury to add to our already very thin list, Canas out for a month!

This has left us about 2 central midfielders + Amat.

But ****ing Ki loaned out which I thought was ok at the time, but we now need him back. Huw the useless prick was like yep we can def get him back.

Well....that's incorrect, now they've read the contract and we can't recall him without Sunderlands permission after Jan 1.

We desperately need a DM now. Not a Spanish one. We need someone who will settle in immediately.

We are in a dog fight, we can't make a speculative buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after all the Ki hoo ha over the past two weeks, by all accounts he was back to his lazy self today.

Apparently you guys are favourites to sign Winger Tom Ince from Backpool. Would be a quality signing for you guys. Fairly young guy but still has the quality for a mid table PL side.

Yeh at one point it looked like we were going to get him for 4m.

Looks like that ship has sailed though unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I'm
Talking to myself but ;

Swansea City FC ✔ @SwansOfficial
Follow
#SWANS: Tremmel, Rangel, Chico, Williams (c), Davies, Amat, Britton, Shelvey, Pozuelo, Routledge, Bony.

Swansea City FC ✔ @SwansOfficial
Follow
#SWANS Subs: Cornell, Tiendalli, Taylor, Richards, Lamah, Donnelly, Vazquez.

Chico in for Canas.

**** I'm sick of Tremmell. Not even close to a premier league keeper

I'm
Also
Sick
Of Chicho, and ML
Sending on the most useless prick Alvaro searching for the winner (lOL)

A draw here would be brilliant.

I'm starting to get more and more furious at the lack of action in the transfer market.

We simply cannot be dragged bsck into the Championship without making a yelp.

Okay, so today is a bit better. It's so nice to win, alleviates pressure.

Nice to win, Bony scores when he likes.

We need to translate this into EPL winning form now. Crucial games coming up. 4 of them, totally winnable against direct rivals.

No N'Gog for Bolton today which makes you assume he's on his way to Wales.

Hopefully get Michu back soon and more games in with Hernandez and hopefully we can start putting a better squad out on the park.

Nice to see we've put a £20m price on Bony, we badly need a capable striker. Vorm as good as gone as well, but replacing Williams will be tough. Don't know much about Castaignos, looks pretty good on the YouTube (don't they all?).

Rahul and Rough_Edges - apart from both being Saints fans, you both seem to be the resident swansea fans on the boards.

With the season not too far away, the mods would like to start up a new thread for previewing each team's season ahead and we'd love to get your thoughts/answers on the questions below.

Instead of one poster doing a post for their club (and the subsequent scrolling through threads to find a specific preview), we are going to try and keep '1 post per club' (so if we get multiple responses for the same club, we will include them together in the same post) - similar to the format used here:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...iff-city-championship-preview-experts-7557542

link to thread: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/club-season-previews-14-15-season.1072350/

Questions: (feel free to answer as many/as few as you like).
  • How have you rated your team's preseason performances so far?
  • How have you rated your team's transfer business so far?
  • Which of your new players (if any) are you most excited by and why?
  • What fixture is your most highly anticipated this coming season and why?
  • Who do you think will be your most important player this season and central to your chances of success?
  • Who do you see as the biggest surprise packet player at your club (big improvers, hot young talent from the academy)?
  • What are your minimum expectations for the season ahead and how do you rate your chances? (final league position range, cup focuses, silverware chances? etc)
  • How safe do you think your manager's position is and what would it take for him to come under scrutiny/get the sack?
  • Best XI when squad fully available.

NUFC Tiger apologies for being unable to respond to preview in time for the start of the season.

Oh boy was I wrong :cool:. Still buzzing after that win, fantastic way to start the season.

All good mate! I'm sure you're still feeling that incredible buzz but wow, what a result for Swansea and Monk to kick off the season with!

What an amazing start to the season.

Gylfi is a great fit for us. Dyer is playing as well as he ever has for us.

Bony been playing really well, struggling to find the back of the net, so important that we hold on to him.

Got a tough run of fixtures coming up after the international break, be great to see how we go against Everton @ Goodison

Remove this Banner Ad

Back