Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Riviat, Theme: Communication, Votes Due: Sunday 9:30pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

5 The Most Beautiful Boy - The Irrepressibles
4 Kenya Grace - Afterparty Lover
3 Skunk Anansie - Charlie Big Potato
2 Metallica: Hero of the Day
1 Towa Bird - Boomerang

BM Waxahatchee - Right Back to It

Wasn’t expecting to win on that.

Not going to be able to host, have realised the timing I wouldn’t be able to release Noms until Friday so will pass on hosting duties.

Last edited:
Theme is War - nom something related to it,
No previous podiums
No double up artists
No noms from round 450 onwards

Noms in by 9:30 tonight

I had a strange feeling of deja vu

Didn't you say this once before?

Really at a loss to understand how my song attracted 3 billies. Beautiful vocals, really meaningful lyrics, #nextround

Free For All NPN5Joy Oladokun myblueroanBreathe Again93
4Ruby & The Romantics Fossie 32 (deserved better)Our Day Will Come88
3Kate Rusby spudmasterWho Will Sing Me Lullabies87
2Dabeuil StokeyChronic Lovers84
1Rozella MP_Everybody's Free83
BSlaughter Beach, DogGold And Green75
MetallicaHero Of The Day82
U.S. GirlsSo Typically Now81
We Were Promised JetpacksShips with holes will sink80

Thanks for the HM, Mr.Ithinkweshouldgetridofhm's

5. U.S. Girls - "So Typically Now" Wanted to nom this one day. omgfridge 10th
4. Modest Mouse - "People as Places as People" love this band Plugger35 2nd
3. Joy Oladokun - "breathe again" soulful, the yoyoing continues myblueroan 4th
2. Rozalla - "Everybody's Free" MP_ 3rd banga
1. Skunk Anansie - "Charlie Big Potato" this was cool and weird Dinsdale 15th

Billy. Metallica - "Hero of the Day" I can see why people accused them of selling out. Raveneyes 7th

HMs. Lavish, Ruby & the Romantics, SNAP! & Motivo, Kenya Grace, Dabeull, Towa Bird, Kate Rusby and Georgia

Playlist rating - 8.5/10. Welcome back to the returnees! Hopefully you enjoyed this round as much as I did.

Selling out...every concert since then! They had already made their millions by the time 'Load' was released.

Apparently they were getting bored and wanted to try new things musically. (Only three years later S&M was released).

There was still something on Load and Reload for the hardcore fans, and if you haven't already, I suggest you listen to the albums. Two of my favourite tracks are 'King Nothing' and 'Fuel'.

Besides that, I don't see anything wrong with a band creating music that could reach new fans.

I might be going mad but I've already put in a nom to Chilli for Travel.

So did I,

It got rejected as he realised he couldn’t host.

Theme is War - nom something related to it,
No previous podiums
No double up artists
No noms from round 450 onwards

Noms in by 9:30 tonight
So 9:29 then

Selling out...every concert since then! They had already made their millions by the time 'Load' was released.

Apparently they were getting bored and wanted to try new things musically. (Only three years later S&M was released).

There was still something on Load and Reload for the hardcore fans, and if you haven't already, I suggest you listen to the albums. Two of my favourite tracks are 'King Nothing' and 'Fuel'.

Besides that, I don't see anything wrong with a band creating music that could reach new fans.
Great info thanks. And I agree, I was just upset at not enjoying the tune. I haven't listened the those albums and will give them a whirl at some stage. King Nothing is a banger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Words song wasn't that great but I love Doves so I still gave it 5 botes anyway, in a stronger playlist it wouldn't have got 5.

That Metallica wasn't one of their greatest songs either and I still gave it 4.
Most of my favourite Doves songs had been nommed already, Words was one of three unnominated choices.

Yeah I had never heard of them, will give their Stoosh album a listen soon.

Stoosh was played to death by me in my teen years. That, Paranoid and Sunburnt all get regular play today. Always surprised Skin didn't break out (mind the pun).

Stoosh was played to death by me in my teen years. That, Paranoid and Sunburnt all get regular play today. Always surprised Skin didn't break out (mind the pun).
I think I ascertain where some of the Skunk Anansie votes came from then haha. Good to have you back in the contest btw. May this streak eclipse your previous world record!

5 The Most Beautiful Boy - The Irrepressibles
4 Kenya Grace - Afterparty Lover
3 Skunk Anansie - Charlie Big Potato
2 Metallica: Hero of the Day
1 Towa Bird - Boomerang

BM Waxahatchee - Right Back to It
Amazon Respect GIF by NFL On Prime Video

Remove this Banner Ad

Back