Society and Culture BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol What? I'm just merely telling people what is happening and why. Just counterinig the incorrect and often moronic info spouted by the likes of that imbecile who constantly posts random tweets from ridiculous sources. I said at the beginning, Russia will win the war and eventually a peace will be negotiated with large slabs of Ukraine being under Russian control. That is going to happen. We didn't need Half a million casualties to get to the same point. How Humanist of me.
as i have always said, You can say what you want about Russia and you will generally be correct but there isnt anything Russia have done that China hasnt done already yet we just sit there looking stupid in the corner rolling the literal red carpet out for them like they are our best mates and no-one cares. Its the height of hypocrisy.

There is no-way ukraine was a war we should have got involved with, let others fight for them if they want. The conflict between ukraine and russia is about as corrupt as it gets on both sides, you would think this government would have had the brains to work that out a long time ago.

What does the gay community think about Haneen Zreika sitting out Pride Round in the AFLW every year because she's a Muslim and objects to wearing a guernsey celebrating such a thing? You can say it's religious so it's different but really what she's saying by doing that is she objects to homosexuality and doesn't even want to be associated with it. Is that acceptable?

This is the problem with being self appointed arbiters of morality and social justice and dishing out punishments to those who don't conform. You end up having to grade different levels of racism, homosexuality, etc, and it ends up looking more like an exercise in image management than anything else.

You shouldn't get to hide your bigotry behind religion.

as i have always said, You can say what you want about Russia and you will generally be correct but there isnt anything Russia have done that China hasnt done already yet we just sit there looking stupid in the corner rolling the literal red carpet out for them like they are our best mates and no-one cares. Its the height of hypocrisy.

There is no-way ukraine was a war we should have got involved with, let others fight for them if they want. The conflict between ukraine and russia is about as corrupt as it gets on both sides, you would think this government would have had the brains to work that out a long time ago.

I mean we stopped rolling the red carpet out for China during covid when Morison was vocal about them, which tbh I didn't mind but he should have been mindful they would react like that.

Also we used to have a red carpet for Russia in a few industries but they basically thumbed their nose at us and stopped trade.

People shouldn’t be forced to participate in something they don’t believe is right according to there beliefs being religiously or choice.

Once you take away people’s freedom to make choices all you have is a Totalitarian Society.

People shouldn’t be forced to participate in something they don’t believe is right according to there beliefs being religiously or choice.

Once you take away people’s freedom to make choices all you have is a Totalitarian Society.

Honor killings. Discuss.

Honor killings. Discuss.
Everyone should have the right to choose not to participate in something if they don’t believe it’s right.
There is no law against non participation.
Last time I checked there is a law against killing people.
Your confusing Law with people’s rights.

Everyone should have the right to choose not to participate in something if they don’t believe it’s right.
There is no law against non participation.
Last time I checked there is a law against killing people.
Your confusing Law with people’s rights.

I’m not confusing anything. I said discuss, and through that discussion you identified some limits to religious freedom. So it turns out that you can, and in the case of honor killings absolutely should, take away people’s ability to make a choice.

Zreika’s case is obviously not that extreme but she still has limits to her religious rights and some responsibilities too like not inciting hatred, which to her credit I don’t think she has as she’s been much more reserved with her homophobia than say Israel Folau. Speaking of Izzy there is also the workplace sphere to consider as well, where you can be in breach of an organisation’s code of conduct but not necessarily breaking the law.

Anyway point is religious rights aren’t limitless and they start ending where the rights of others begin.

I’m not confusing anything. I said discuss, and through that discussion you identified some limits to religious freedom. So it turns out that you can, and in the case of honor killings absolutely should, take away people’s ability to make a choice.

Zreika’s case is obviously not that extreme but she still has limits to her religious rights and some responsibilities too like not inciting hatred, which to her credit I don’t think she has as she’s been much more reserved with her homophobia than say Israel Folau. Speaking of Izzy there is also the workplace sphere to consider as well, where you can be in breach of an organisation’s code of conduct but not necessarily breaking the law.

Anyway point is religious rights aren’t limitless and they start ending where the rights of others begin.
Your drifting away from the point, the person no matter what there religious thoughts are has a choice not to participate in an event just like other sports people do for all sorts of reasons.
Just because this person is a Muslim you bring up honor killings as if all Muslim’s believe it’s right.
You might not like the reason the person has chosen not to participate but that’s there choice.
Your thinking reminds me of a boss I used to have in the 70s, his favorite saying was ………. Yours is not to reason why, yours is just to do or die.

This coming from the bloke who openly admitted that it's ok to discriminate against people who are represented in positions of wealth, power and privilege. I believe "white Christian males" was the term you used.

But if the same "white christian male" is a f****t that would change everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Russia invades a sovereign nation, commits war crimes, Putin makes up lies about Ukrainians being Nazis..

CoRrUpT oN boTH sIdeS

Shut the * up, Putin bootlicker.

Your drifting away from the point, the person no matter what there religious thoughts are has a choice not to participate in an event just like other sports people do for all sorts of reasons.
Just because this person is a Muslim you bring up honor killings as if all Muslim’s believe it’s right.
You might not like the reason the person has chosen not to participate but that’s there choice.
Your thinking reminds me of a boss I used to have in the 70s, his favorite saying was ………. Yours is not to reason why, yours is just to do or die.

No I was responding to your assertion that everyone is free to make their own choices. That’s not true. There are limits on all of us and for good reason.

As for your boss from 50 years ago, I’m not sure how that saying applies at all. I mean if you actually read my post you’d see that I compared Zreika to Folau and noted that the former’s approach was more moderate and less likely to cause other’s harm. Not sure how you align that with just shut up and do what I want.

I mean we stopped rolling the red carpet out for China during covid when Morison was vocal about them, which tbh I didn't mind but he should have been mindful they would react like that.

Also we used to have a red carpet for Russia in a few industries but they basically thumbed their nose at us and stopped trade.
yeh, but we keep pandering back to China, if you want to get on you high horse about Russia then thats ok but you cant sit there and shake hands with the same lot in beijing. All it does is show the weakness of the government and society that really its just a show of tokenism. If you believe in the crimes of Russia then you would treat China with the same contempt.

No I was responding to your assertion that everyone is free to make their own choices. That’s not true. There are limits on all of us and for good reason.
The example you’ve used has every right to take there stand on this matter.
The said person is breaking no laws and is a lame excuse in this discussion.
These people are highlighted by certain groups pushing an agenda that all shall conform to the political correct system.
If you believe that way than that’s your opinion but if you don’t bringing this person up as an example is way off the mark.
Try again.

Russia invades a sovereign nation, commits war crimes, Putin makes up lies about Ukrainians being Nazis..

CoRrUpT oN boTH sIdeS

Shut the * up, Putin bootlicker.
the fact that you dont know the corruption of the ukraine just shows your ignorance. Russia's no better but its not a war any decent nation should be taking sides on. There are plenty of wars going on that have more clear lines of good and evil right now that you can get into if you want to stand up for something. Why Australia wants to get involved into eastern european politics 10000ks away is beyond me.

yeh, but we keep pandering back to China, if you want to get on you high horse about Russia then thats ok but you cant sit there and shake hands with the same lot in beijing. All it does is show the weakness of the government and society that really its just a show of tokenism. If you believe in the crimes of Russia then you would treat China with the same contempt.

I'm not on any high horse about anyone. Just pointing out someone else's posting behaviour. Modern Australia can't afford to not trade with China and I would have no issue if we went back to trading with Russia either, but the US and Israeli overlords demand it not to be.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I'm not on any high horse about anyone. Just pointing out someone else's posting behaviour. Modern Australia can't afford to not trade with China and I would have no issue if we went back to trading with Russia either, but the US and Israeli overlords demand it not to be.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
right so whats the tipping point for no trade with China, so if Russia is the example then we have failed already. Anyway this notion that Australia cant afford not to trade with China is a furphy, we never use to have any trade with China and yes we did survive. Its more a case of lazy governments, greedy businesses etc etc that have taken the easy money on offer while still claiming a form of ethical action that really doesnt stand up to scrutiny. You might say Australia will go downhill if they cut ties with China, well i remember people saying that doing business with these countries will make the average Australian better etc etc before we had any trade with these countries. Some people will say that that has been the case but im pretty comfortable saying its not the case. 30-40 years ago the average Australian had less income but could survive quite easily on 1 income, generally not work weekends, still have money to invest into property etc etc and the wealth was distributed more broadly throughout the country. Now most the wealth is funnelled overseas in some way shape or form, and the wealth is more centralised to fewer inner city folk while the rest of the population have had the screws turned down on them by higher costs and more working hours. If Australia left trade with China would it hurt? yeh most probably it would to begin with but im pretty sure the conseqences of staying in this race to the bottom will be much worst for the average person as history has proven.

the fact that you dont know the corruption of the ukraine just shows your ignorance. Russia's no better but its not a war any decent nation should be taking sides on. There are plenty of wars going on that have more clear lines of good and evil right now that you can get into if you want to stand up for something. Why Australia wants to get involved into eastern european politics 10000ks away is beyond me.
It's quite funny/ironic/hypocritical that somebody who has the Caption "America: Failed state" under every single one of his posts is cheerleading America's proxy war in Ukraine.

It's got ZERO to do with whether the person it's directed at is or isn't gay. Surely you know this.

The punishment was fair. What's not fair is the double standards and the fact that Port keeps copping full justice when the Vic clubs and their coaches cop less, and often zero.
The punishments not fair. You get less for belting someone.

I don’t respect the gay community. (Their views, arguments, the way they target people think Israel Fallou. Think gay Mardi gra, think changing the definition of marriage, and now the treatment of Jeremy who apologised without prompting. For the gay community to be surprised when others treat them with verbal contempt shouldn’t surprise anyone.

An apology fro Jeremy and a fine would have been appropriate.

The punishments not fair. You get less for belting someone.

I don’t respect the gay community. (Their views, arguments, the way they target people think Israel Fallou. Think gay Mardi gra, think changing the definition of marriage, and now the treatment of Jeremy who apologised without prompting. For the gay community to be surprised when others treat them with verbal contempt shouldn’t surprise anyone.

An apology fro Jeremy and a fine would have been appropriate.
Jesus Christ

Hard to argue society as a whole doesn't have work to do when you've got absolute flogs not only thinking s**t like this but also thinking this sort of opinion is ok.

"Think Gay Mardi Gra" oh the horror

Jesus Christ

Hard to argue society as a whole doesn't have work to do when you've got absolute flogs not only thinking s**t like this but also thinking this sort of opinion is ok.

"Think Gay Mardi Gra" oh the horror
You can respect it. I can’t. What’s your problem. Can’t handle anyone that disagrees with you. Grow up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back