Roast Should Richmond begin searching for Luke Meehan's replacement immediately?

Should Richmond look for a big bucks, top tier replacement for Luke "The Punt Rd Slasher" Meehan?

• Yes. Club needs to be ruthless and "Pay the Price!".

• No. We should back in Meehan and gamble our aging stars bodies, potentially sacrificing 2024.

• No. replace with another el cheapo McGee with their online $29 P.T cert IV and cross our fingers.

• Undecided.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I see, the dunk the witch method. If she survives that she is definitely a witch so you hang her. Sadly if she dies in the process of proving she wasn't a witch after all she is just collateral damage for the greater good.
Luke Meehan's job is listed as the Physical Performance Manager at the club. He is the head of the department that is clearly not doing their job. Take the Tarranto injury away but the rest of them fall directly under his mandate. Any organisation that has one department that is failing massively is going to be under scrutiny.

He is the head of the department. If he doesn't have the resources he needs then he is an ineffectual leader who is unable to manage resources. If he has the resources then he is just really s**t at his job. Maybe the guys was fantastic at his job and being a strength and conditioning coach under someone else was as high as he can ever be. Leppa is a perfect example.

Luke Meehan's job is listed as the Physical Performance Manager at the club. He is the head of the department that is clearly not doing their job. Take the Tarranto injury away but the rest of them fall directly under his mandate. Any organisation that has one department that is failing massively is going to be under scrutiny.

He is the head of the department. If he doesn't have the resources he needs then he is an ineffectual leader who is unable to manage resources. If he has the resources then he is just really s**t at his job. Maybe the guys was fantastic at his job and being a strength and conditioning coach under someone else was as high as he can ever be. Leppa is a perfect example.
He's as good as gone or 30k members will.
Absolutely hecking unacceptable!!!!

Should’ve been moved on last year

Not directly related to LukE, but his team of staff! WTF WAS JUDSON CLARKE DOING BACK ON THE FIELD AFTER AN ACL kicking for goal - no s*t he collapsed when he kicked it f** me man. This is 1970’s stuff
The same ones that sent Tom Lunch back on with a broken foot

This likely wasn't Meehan but just add it to the list of reasons why the whole department needs an overhaul.

How the heck did they know it wasn’t done did they do a scan? If it was ok why strap him up like a mummy, club deflecting from scrutiny < piss weak

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the * did they know it wasn’t done did they do a scan? If it was ok why strap him up like a mummy, club deflecting from scrutiny < piss weak
Doctors can typically tell if an ACL is intact by feel or in some other physical test.
I think it's worse that they sent him out after they confirmed no ACL damage. Why risk it?
I've heard stories of people playing with a torn ACL as they know it's going to be their last game for at least a year.

Our club doctors should have put him on ice straight away when he came off. Why tempt fate when we have almost more injured players than fit players.

Seems awfully coincidental that Judson went off with a knee problem, came back with it, strapped to high heaven and THEN does a season ending injury to the same knee kicking a set shot?

Maybe, given it was a fairly pointless VFL match taking a cautious approach would have been a better option and he should never have gone back on the ground.

louie meehan has cost us top 4

the fans knew something was wrong with the new guy last year. alcos on a forum knew it but the club was too stubborn to act

why did the club go the cheap route ?

whats the reason we didnt target the best in the business ? weve got plenty of money

add it to the plethora of benny gale co*k ups after becoming complacent after our dynasty

what do u expect when they tick off a fluro jumper with green, red and blue sponsors... you do that theres clearly something wrong

This is exactly why I've been so abrasive on this issue. Richo explains it perfectly. You can have the best coach in the world but if your head of strength and conditioning is hopeless it's not going to matter.
This is the one position that should be a non-negotiable top liner, no dime spared type of person.

We are doing ourselves a disservice if we don't have the right people in this position as well as right practices.
When people come to the defense of this bloke like he is a relative or something is so bemusing to me. In this role you need to be beyond reproach and Meehan has a laundry list of questions that can be asked of him.

Doctors can typically tell if an ACL is intact by feel or in some other physical test.
I think it's worse that they sent him out after they confirmed no ACL damage. Why risk it?
I've heard stories of people playing with a torn ACL as they know it's going to be their last game for at least a year.

Our club doctors should have put him on ice straight away when he came off. Why tempt fate when we have almost more injured players than fit players.
What was at stake - a vfl match so important to risk a player that was blitzing them during preseason. When are they going to accept that the Preseason Training Program was absolutely stuffed ! The level of Injuries must reflect on the conditioning programs.

Back