Roast Should Richmond begin searching for Luke Meehan's replacement immediately?

Should Richmond look for a big bucks, top tier replacement for Luke "The Punt Rd Slasher" Meehan?

• Yes. Club needs to be ruthless and "Pay the Price!".

• No. We should back in Meehan and gamble our aging stars bodies, potentially sacrificing 2024.

• No. replace with another el cheapo McGee with their online $29 P.T cert IV and cross our fingers.

• Undecided.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

If Yze doesn't give all the aplayers the ability to start with a clean slate, he looses all credibility and trust with the playing group.

His preconceived ideas on players may be his baseline to begin judgements, but he can' come in with mindset of just sacking players without them getting a chance.

Look at MRJ. On last year he wouldn't be getting a game, but with whatever Ooze has done this year, he has improved.

It's also why I understand Kmac might have earnt a spot at the start of the pre-season, but after the 2 pre season games, or even at least round 1, his output was enough to confirm a position (to be dropped so I am clear)
Spot on and common sense. Unfortunately not everyone has it. Example look at Mansell I believe he has improved, many wanted him gone.

I see, the dunk the witch method. If she survives that she is definitely a witch so you hang her. Sadly if she dies in the process of proving she wasn't a witch after all she is just collateral damage for the greater good.
We’re not really talking about life or death though. I’m OK with it in a situation like this because Luke Meehan will likely be fine. He has had a decorated career with us, so his CV is amazing.

I do think it sucks to make someone a scapegoat tbh, but it has to be done sometimes in the process of finding the source of the problem. Maybe I’m a bit more ruthless than the average fan on here about this particular issue, but we’re talking about highly-paid people that will likely end up fine. They aren’t on minimum wage. If parting with our highly-paid physical performance manager gets rid of our injury management problem, then great. If not, then we continue looking for the problem.

To elaborate further on why I’m OK with it, the timeframe for our players’ recovery is odd IMO. There are a lot of “unexpected” setbacks with our players, and that’s very different to our successful era (2013-2020). Could just be a really bad run that is the fault of no one, but I’d rather us be proactive in case it’s not just a bad run. If it means getting rid of Meehan in the process of digging deeper, then I’m fine with that outcome. We don’t have much to lose because we’re already in bad shape. So, I’d rather us do that than us assuming it’s all just a bad run. That type of mindset lets problems fester in the background.

For me it’s the communication (or bullsh.ting) was happening last year and I think they got a couple of things very wrong between the heat and short break between the Rnd 0 and the Carlton game and decided not manage Lynch’s time after that when they couldn’t do it with injuries. Ok we got the win but I’ve heard “he’s too important to us” at pressers alot but they didn’t manage him.
Or think it was necessary to manage Prestia. Just looks like it was risky.

Also, I reckon Ross has had a hot spot in his foot since the start of the season, they’ve known and it’s gone pop.
Sub in the first game, 88% then 76% then 74% and then it’s a stress fracture.
He’s 23 and he might be playing with pain for the last half of the season.
I dunno if he’s been doing all the running at training but for a bloke who’s not an explosive player doing repeat sprints (I’m guessing, I don’t think he’s that sortve player) I just don’t understand why he was playing IF he was not quite right.
We’ve had players, maybe not as experienced as Ross in his role or maybe they would have to play a little out of position…
Anyways, I think they’ve got a few things wrong put that against them not thinking it’s important to lay out time frames as conservatively as a professional medical person would have if you saw them privately if was your own injury, its pretty ordinary

Apparently Meehan is looking to leave the club he has been looking to get an upgraded position and job.

Good luck with it he has big shoes to fill if he can dislodge the incumbent but I HAVE FULL CONFIDENCE HE CAN DO IT.

This poor sucker wont know what him him when Meehan's resume hits the HR department

1712927123866.png

We’re not really talking about life or death though. I’m OK with it in a situation like this because Luke Meehan will likely be fine. He has had a decorated career with us, so his CV is amazing.

I do think it sucks to make someone a scapegoat tbh, but it has to be done sometimes in the process of finding the source of the problem. Maybe I’m a bit more ruthless than the average fan on here about this particular issue, but we’re talking about highly-paid people that will likely end up fine. They aren’t on minimum wage. If parting with our highly-paid physical performance manager gets rid of our injury management problem, then great. If not, then we continue looking for the problem.

To elaborate further on why I’m OK with it, the timeframe for our players’ recovery is odd IMO. There are a lot of “unexpected” setbacks with our players, and that’s very different to our successful era (2013-2020). Could just be a really bad run that is the fault of no one, but I’d rather us be proactive in case it’s not just a bad run. If it means getting rid of Meehan in the process of digging deeper, then I’m fine with that outcome. We don’t have much to lose because we’re already in bad shape. So, I’d rather us do that than us assuming it’s all just a bad run. That type of mindset lets problems fester in the background.

I would have to agree if we can get better outcomes from appointing someone else to the role then you are compelled to make the change. The club should be in a decent position to know how good Luke Meehan is at what he is doing. How much of it is just him and how much comes back to the player himself or the coaching panel you don't know either.

I must admit I was disappointed in the way Gibcus was handled this year. For me he just needed to be playing some footy at VFL level rather than being thrown straight into the pressure cooker of AFL and then some, with travel, heat, 5 day break. Gibcus would have wanted to play, but the decision makers need to be much stronger in those situations. I do also think the habit of returning players from medium or even long term injury straight into the AFL is running way too deep into our talent pool. Lynch, Dusty, these type of players, it might be fine. Most of the rest, bring them back through managed minutes in the VFL.

I am sure the club will be looking at this and they will respond accordingly. So long as that is done in time to line up with when we can next genuinely contend, it should be fine. Never discount that the incumbent makes errors and can learn from those errors either.

I think teams like the Hawks and Tigers who won multiple flags, you are going to get your talent picked off and we have basically had the piranha treatment. Every flag assistant gone. Prez sheila gone. Coach gone. Chief Recruiter gone. Balmey going. High Performance Chief gone. Stats guy gone. Membership guy gone. All our playing depth was lost. CEO Gale said to be going. It basically leaves Guiseppe Mamone, Dusty, Livingstone and Hartley as the only constants after this year. Is Emma Murray even still at the club?

Shocking run of injuries including quite probably some culpability in the way the injuries have been managed, but some top draft picks won't go astray.

Last edited:
Care to elaborate?
wrong /rông, rŏng/

adjective​

1. Not in conformity with fact or truth; incorrect or erroneous.
    "a wrong answer."
  2. Contrary to conscience, morality, or law.
    "Stealing is wrong."
  3. Unfair; unjust.
    "The kids felt it was wrong when some got to go on the field trip but not others."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have to agree if we can get better outcomes from appointing someone else to the role then you are compelled to make the change. The club should be in a decent position to know how good Luke Meehan is at what he is doing. How much of it is just him and how much comes back to the player himself or the coaching panel you don't know either.

I must admit I was disappointed in the way Gibcus was handled this year. For me he just needed to be playing some footy at VFL level rather than being thrown straight into the pressure cooker of AFL and then some, with travel, heat, 5 day break. Gibcus would have wanted to play, but the decision makers need to be much stronger in those situations. I do also think the habit of returning players from medium or even long term injury straight into the AFL is running way too deep into our talent pool. Lynch, Dusty, these type of players, it might be fine. Most of the rest, bring them back through managed minutes in the VFL.

I am sure the club will be looking at this and they will respond accordingly. So long as that is done in time to line up with when we can next genuinely contend, it should be fine. Never discount that the incumbent makes errors and can learn from those errors either.

I think teams like the Hawks and Tigers who won multiple flags, you are going to get your talent picked off and we have basically had the piranha treatment. Every flag assistant gone. Prez sheila gone. Coach gone. Chief Recruiter gone. Balmey going. High Performance Chief gone. Stats guy gone. Membership guy gone. All our playing depth was lost. CEO Gale said to be going. It basically leaves Guiseppe Mamone, Dusty, Livingstone and Hartley as the only constants after this year. Is Emma Murray even still at the club?

Shocking run of injuries including quite probably some culpability in the way the injuries have been managed, but some top draft picks won't go astray.
piranha treatment...LOL...
Agree totally with the VFL managed minutes for returning injured players...prolly make an exception for the Gun players...
But for Gibcus...to return and play in AFL...did my head in...a little bit too blasé for my liking given the seriousness of his injury...
Even Meatball could have had a run in the VFL...
Everything seems rush rush these days at Tigerland...the GOAT after his kidney injury got managed minutes of play...who else?!?
Managed minutes for injured older players at RFC is a vanished art!
And that's prolly the issue at Tigerland...get our players out and playing to take advantage of the GOAT'S presence before he's gone!!!!
Seems like the RFC has taken a pounding in personnel exits...and it shows up in lack of professionalism in our current performance!

I see, the dunk the witch method. If she survives that she is definitely a witch so you hang her. Sadly if she dies in the process of proving she wasn't a witch after all she is just collateral damage for the greater good.
798859ab-3c9b-426b-b1eb-73bb27e2acd6_text.gif

Back