Preview Season 7, Round 10 v St Kilda: Saturday 20 October @ RSEA Park (Moorabin)

Remove this Banner Ad

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Adelaide v St Kilda
Saturday 29 October
3:10pm AEDT/2:40pm ACDT
RSEA Park (Moorabin)

Both sides won by 2 points last week.

By the time our game starts, we'll know if we can pinch a top 2 spot of if we need to win to guarantee a top 4 spot. Will this motivate the girls to a big win?

Last edited:
Adelaide v St Kilda
Saturday 29 October
3:10pm AEDT/2:40pm ACDT
RSEA Park (Moorabin)

Both sides won by 2 points last week.

By the time our game starts, we'll know if we can pinch a top 2 spot of if we need to win to guarantee a top 4 spot. Will this motivate the girls to a big win?
Bloody hope so! Be nice to nab a home final!

Bloody hope so! Be nice to nab a home final!

You'd think we will get a home final either way. Hard to see us finishing lower than 6th, although I guess it is technically possible.

Still, the double chance would be handy. And if we finish top 4, there is always the chance that we might knock off one of Brisbane or Melbourne in the first week of finals and get a home prelim.

You'd think we will get a home final either way. Hard to see us finishing lower than 6th, although I guess it is technically possible.

Still, the double chance would be handy. And if we finish top 4, there is always the chance that we might knock off one of Brisbane or Melbourne in the first week of finals and get a home prelim.
Yep. That HAS to be the aim!

I think the best thing we can do for the final round is win, and win as big as we can. This will guarantee us in the top 4, or possibly in top 2 if there is a shock loss in the above teams.

The big win will give us good winning momentum, good confidence and will set us up well come the Finals. We need to get back to the mid-season mindset where we hunted well and scoring with much better accuracy.

Prowse in, finally. Interesting she's named in defence.

Button with a chance to prove she still belongs at AFLW level.
Would have preferred we kept Tonon in rather than Button. After the Brisbane game, I have lost all faith in her playing in defence.

Hopefully we use Prowse more forward of centre along with Gould, and use McKinnon more in defence, when not in the ruck.

As long as Button returns to her tagging role in the midfield and doesn't play down back I'm fine with it.

With Brisbane beating Collingwood, our top four spot is almost certainly locked in. The only scenario where we drop out is if we take a massive loss to St Kilda and either Geelong win huge or North wins narrowly.

A win tomorrow almost certainly sees us play Melbourne next week, barring an immense Melbourne win this week.

Well CMNDSTAB finally got your player in and agree best team assembled for long time .
Positive about Button coming in is she can't play any worse than last time.
Like another tall in allows us to have more marking competitiveness up forward for those rushed kicks out of congestion etc. where Gould in particular providing a presence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing the team’s in the top 4 after playing some the team’s ugliest quarters in the lifespan of the competition this season

Absolutely love watching kicks lose 15m of distance in a slight breeze because the AFL decided women couldn't handle a full sized football.

Miss from Whiteley sums her up as a player, strong but totally unskilled.

Shaping up as another game where the team doesn’t score to one end of the ground all match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back