Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 13 - Gumbies FFC v Sin City Swamprats at The House of Gumby [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a Former Victorian Junior Singles Champion

Most of the best Lawn Bowlers are well under 50

Fun fact: I best the national champions in Lawn Bowls as a teenager. My teacher tried to convince me to go pro, but the idea of being a pro lawnbowls player didn't seem appealing to an 18yr old
Which one of you is Kelvin Kerkow?

3d5602e16b928436dbba9491a6456f6d

My son is playing his first game of footy today - proud Dad!!!
I love kids sport.
My little one is playing netball this year, soccer last year.
Sport is so good for kids.

I love kids sport.
My little one is playing netball this year, soccer last year.
Sport is so good for kids.
Well my young bloke is nearly 26, so it's taken him a while to make his debut. But I'm still nervous for him........

Fun fact: I best the national champions in Lawn Bowls as a teenager. My teacher tried to convince me to go pro, but the idea of being a pro lawnbowls player didn't seem appealing to an 18yr old

There's some sports that as a youngster you look at with a level of disdain as it's not a "cool" sport

I remember my primary school graduation our guest speaker was a competitive race walker - pretty boring idea to a group of like 11 & 12yr olds

When you then get a few years older and realise that guest speaker is an Olympic bronze medalist, multiple Comm Games gold medalist amongst other achievements - that sure race walking still a little weird, but you actually got to listen who became pretty bloody successful in their sporting career, and maybe we could have been a little more respectful

There's some sports that as a youngster you look at with a level of disdain as it's not a "cool" sport

I remember my primary school graduation our guest speaker was a competitive race walker - pretty boring idea to a group of like 11 & 12yr olds

When you then get a few years older and realise that guest speaker is an Olympic bronze medalist, multiple Comm Games gold medalist amongst other achievements - that sure race walking still a little weird, but you actually got to listen who became pretty bloody successful in their sporting career, and maybe we could have been a little more respectful

Who was this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done.
You seamlessly directed conversation towards a namedrop. GWS Goose- the apprentice has become a master.

🤔

Can I work a few others in, maybe the then AFL who dropped around to my childhood home as he was buying a bar off my dad 😁

🤔

Can I work a few others in, maybe the then AFL who dropped around to my childhood home as he was buying a bar off my dad 😁
We have the Old Boys in about 10 days. They're always talking about bars, work it in then :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back