Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 13 - Gumbies FFC v Sin City Swamprats at The House of Gumby [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

Every meal a rat eats is a good meal
If they're any of the rats that cruise around my garden at night, I hope said meal is ratsac.

I still like the story about a Sheffield Shield game in Melbourne in about 1928. NSW bats first, is dismissed just before stumps, and the Vics are 1 down at the close of play.

Next morning, a young bloke is on the tram heading for the MCG. He says to the guy next to him, "What's the Shield score?"

The other passenger says, "Victoria is all out."

Horrified, the young man says, "They can't be - I'm one of them!!!"

Hope everyone enjoyed their Anzac Day.
Had a lovely day taking my little one to the dawn service for the first time.
Was great to open up some questions about it all. She decided she doesn't want to be in the army. Me either!
Lest we forget

If they're any of the rats that cruise around my garden at night, I hope said meal is ratsac.
Shocked Gasp GIF

Interesting result at the G.......
ITS BULLSHIT, MATE.

THE UMPIRING WAS DISGRACEFUL.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

WE WERE ROBBED.

EVERY SINGLE WEEK.

WE ARE THE VICTIMS.

THE GAME IS SO RIGGED AGAINST US.

THOSE BIAS (SIC) UMPIRES.

* THE AFL.

SO CORRUPT.

* BRAD SCOTT'S MATES.

/s

Proud dad moment.

My two year old learned to cheat in ten pin bowling. Apparently it is much easier to just run through the pins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope everyone enjoyed their Anzac Day.
Had a lovely day taking my little one to the dawn service for the first time.
Was great to open up some questions about it all. She decided she doesn't want to be in the army. Me either!
Lest we forget

I got to work today - roughl 6.5hrs on casual rates with public holiday loading
That will help cover the costs of the trip I’ve just returned home from

In all seriousness, coming from a military family I understand the importance of today. If I wasn’t working I would have gone to the local morning service which is growing in popularity every year

Proud dad moment.

My two year old learned to cheat in ten pin bowling. Apparently it is much easier to just run through the pins.
When our 2 boys were younger, we used to go bowling as a family. Our youngest used a ramp, and therefore needed the side bumpers. Our oldest son was ultra competitive, and hated the idea of being beaten by his younger brother. So he placed the ramp on a ridiculous angle - hoping it would result in a gutter ball. But to his horror, the ball bounced off the bumpers about 7 times, and then proceeded to knock all 10 pins down. Disgusted, he stamped his feet and said angrily, "That wasn't supposed to happen!!!"

Ah, the joys of parenthood.......

Interesting result at the G.......
It is a weird feeling after the game for sure. I was just happy Elliot was not going to sink us after the siren again.

When our 2 boys were younger, we used to go bowling as a family. Our youngest used a ramp, and therefore needed the side bumpers. Our oldest son was ultra competitive, and hated the idea of being beaten by his younger brother. So he placed the ramp on a ridiculous angle - hoping it would result in a gutter ball. But to his horror, the ball bounced off the bumpers about 7 times, and then proceeded to knock all 10 pins down. Disgusted, he stamped his feet and said angrily, "That wasn't supposed to happen!!!"

Ah, the joys of parenthood.......
Very underrated bowling. Sadly I can no longer participate because my back is screwed but I have started playing lawn bowls . I am over 50. I can . :)

Very underrated bowling. Sadly I can no longer participate because my back is screwed but I have started playing lawn bowls . I am over 50. I can . :)

I am a Former Victorian Junior Singles Champion

Most of the best Lawn Bowlers are well under 50

I am a Former Victorian Junior Singles Champion

Most of the best Lawn Bowlers are well under 50
Need a Sweet FA Bowls comp.

Social Lawn Bowls is the best.

A cheap stubby of beer each end and you've had a great couple of hours
Personally, much rather play lawn bowls than golf.
Plus, plenty of lawn bowls clubs do damn good meals on a Friday night, so family friendly too.

That guy definitely plays Lawn Bowls
The green keeper of our local lawn bowls club wasn't very impressed when I started bowling bouncers - nobody told me I was supposed to bowl underarm. Why is it banned in cricket, but compulsory in lawn bowls? :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back