Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 10 - Ophidian Old Boys v West Coast Wonders @ Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 4, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies - SNAFL
OOB v Wonders.jpeg
Last Time They Met: Season 36 Round 7 - Ophidian Old Boys (19.15.129) Defeated West Coast Wonders (12.13.85)

Okay here we go. It's Oobs (1st) vs Wonders (3rd). This is going to be epic! As mentioned in all the other match threads, there's a good chance that I'm not even close to sober. It's Easter and it would be a crime to not take this as an opportunity for a beer or 8 in a row. Oh boy, let's start with the Oobs. Led by Tigerturbulance In my mind I think they are the most scandalous in the competition. Why? Back in the day when they formed there was an undercurrent of betrayal and back stabbing. Oh wait, we are talking Oobs not Baghdad, my bad. But a lot of teams were probably blindsided at the formation of this "new club" a few years back now. Love them or hate them, they do have an impressive team thread. They probably are gifted with the most interesting characters in the SFA. I've always enjoyed playing against them. Round 9 saw another win 24.12 (156) against Mount Buller Demons 16.12 (108). Who can stop this team??

Okay let's move on to the Wonders. But first a special announcement by our sponsor, White Rabbit Chocolate Stout. This beer is not only enjoyable it breaks down writers block and I probably need to be careful not to say something stupid....erm again... and again... and again...! So where was I? Oh yeah The Wonders. The team that has Mr GUH paying for them. He's a top bloke I reckon. But You know what? after spending years and years in your team thread I've decided it's too hard to work out who your captain is, however I did manage to find MH370 I guess so that's a win! I can only assume it's a joint leadership responsibility. So you all get a mention!! DenieD, ClarkeM, AnUltimateRessie, HARPSichord, and Cubs2Lions Great bunch of peeps in this club! You probably should make it clear for drunk people to know who is the Captain though. I've been around the traps long enough to know I'm not the only poster on SFA who has 5 too many beers , so you need to start embracing equality.

So Round 9 saw a loss to the Wonders 15.7(97) against Gumbies FFC 19.16(130). Is it me or do Gumbies sound edible?

Best of luck to you all! Cheers!
Oh and big shout out to Grav for the match thread image!

View attachment 1947067
Last Time They Met: Season 36 Round 7 - Ophidian Old Boys (19.15.129) Defeated West Coast Wonders (12.13.85)

Okay here we go. It's Oobs (1st) vs Wonders (3rd). This is going to be epic! As mentioned in all the other match threads, there's a good chance that I'm not even close to sober. It's Easter and it would be a crime to not take this as an opportunity for a beer or 8 in a row. Oh boy, let's start with the Oobs. Led by Tigerturbulance In my mind I think they are the most scandalous in the competition. Why? Back in the day when they formed there was an undercurrent of betrayal and back stabbing. Oh wait, we are talking Oobs not Baghdad, my bad. But a lot of teams were probably blindsided at the formation of this "new club" a few years back now. Love them or hate them, they do have an impressive team thread. They probably are gifted with the most interesting characters in the SFA. I've always enjoyed playing against them. Round 9 saw another win 24.12 (156) against Mount Buller Demons 16.12 (108). Who can stop this team??

Okay let's move on to the Wonders. But first a special announcement by our sponsor, White Rabbit Chocolate Stout. This beer is not only enjoyable it breaks down writers block and I probably need to be careful not to say something stupid....erm again... and again... and again...! So where was I? Oh yeah The Wonders. The team that has Mr GUH paying for them. He's a top bloke I reckon. But You know what? after spending years and years in your team thread I've decided it's too hard to work out who your captain is, however I did manage to find MH370 I guess so that's a win! I can only assume it's a joint leadership responsibility. So you all get a mention!! DenieD, ClarkeM, AnUltimateRessie, HARPSichord, and Cubs2Lions Great bunch of peeps in this club! You probably should make it clear for drunk people to know who is the Captain though. I've been around the traps long enough to know I'm not the only poster on SFA who has 5 too many beers , so you need to start embracing equality.

So Round 9 saw a loss to the Wonders 15.7(97) against Gumbies FFC 19.16(130). Is it me or do Gumbies sound edible?

Best of luck to you all! Cheers!
Oh and big shout out to Grav for the match thread image!
Excellent write-up mate, hopefully it’ll be a great battle between the OOBs and my Wonders.

Now I just need to herd up all my favourite friends over to this wonderful match-up.

#undefeatedszn

]
Bobby Bones Sheep GIF by National Geographic Channel

I have been looking forward to welcoming the Wonders who have Inner sanctum Access.

For those special teams who currently have shown support continuously for the Old Boys and helped maintain the lofty standards demanded by Spotswood. These exclusive teams deserve something special for their support so will receive access to premium match day offerings at every Spotswood’s game including attendance at the Chancellors after game celebration function, invite and premier seating at the Old Boys Best and Fairest function with full catering and bar as well as enjoying exclusive off-field opportunities and inner sanctum experiences from the club throughout the season.

Don't forget Wonders players to bring your access swipe cards so you can experience all of Spotswood

OIG (2).jpg

Hello Wonders.

Welcome to the Season of Old Boys.

Enjoy our show.
Hey U2tigers, looks like I’m the only Wonder in town right now but hopefully it’ll be a good show for both teams..

You could say I’m the only ONE (that was a horrible U2 joke) :roflv1:

I have been looking forward to welcoming the Wonders who have Inner sanctum Access.

For those special teams who currently have shown support continuously for the Old Boys and helped maintain the lofty standards demanded by Spotswood. These exclusive teams deserve something special for their support so will receive access to premium match day offerings at every Spotswood’s game including attendance at the Chancellors after game celebration function, invite and premier seating at the Old Boys Best and Fairest function with full catering and bar as well as enjoying exclusive off-field opportunities and inner sanctum experiences from the club throughout the season.

Don't forget Wonders players to bring your access swipe cards so you can experience all of Spotswood

View attachment 1947090
Just one issue though mate, but I can’t read or maybe I actually can cause I successfully failed English according to my professors this year so what does that card say for me please 🤗

the simpsons me fail english thats unpossible GIF

Just one issue though mate, but I can’t read or maybe I actually can cause I successfully failed English according to my professors this year 🤗

the simpsons me fail english thats unpossible GIF
you don't need to read Cubs2Lions, all you have to do is swipe your access card at the various Spotswood Venue entry points and walk right into a world of pleasure such as

The Chancellors Cigar Lounge
Cigar Throne.jpg

Robertio Guinness Bar
OIG (15).jpg

High Rollers Bowling Alley
bowling alley 2.jpg

Wigs Wine Cellar
cellar.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you don't need to read Cubs2Lions, all you have to do is swipe your access card at the various Spotswood Venue entry points and walk right into a world of pleasure such as

The Chancellors Cigar Lounge
View attachment 1947099

Robertio Guinness Bar
View attachment 1947100

High Rollers Bowling Alley
View attachment 1947101

Wigs Wine Cellar
View attachment 1947102
Looks like I’ll join in the fun over here as I definitely don’t play for the Wonders, hopefully the dress code is okay.

Don’t worry AnUltimateRessie I’m not leaving so you don’t need to spam 100 dms now

top hat cat GIF

Look forward to spending time with y’all this week OOBs and should be a great match this week.

Ralph is very excited as this is his final week or so before he has an hiatus on here before moving irl so will probably try and be as much fun as possible.
Should be a great week until any Wonders Posters start sprouting some False Hope amongst your team.

Let's just hear the Wonders concession speech from the start.

Forfeit the game

And then we can all move on and party for the rest of the week.

I always enjoy the week with you mate.
Always enjoy the company also with you mate, let’s just don’t talk about that silly AFL club called Qrisbane Qions and then we will be great mates as always 🤗

Qarlton doing well though Robertio, premierships favourites perhaps.

Last edited:
Should be a great week until any Wonders Posters start sprouting some False Hope amongst your team.

Let's just hear the Wonders concession speech from the start.

Forfeit the game

And then we can all move on and party for the rest of the week.
We've missed your great ideas mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back