Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 10 - Ophidian Old Boys v West Coast Wonders @ Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1947067
Last Time They Met: Season 36 Round 7 - Ophidian Old Boys (19.15.129) Defeated West Coast Wonders (12.13.85)

Okay here we go. It's Oobs (1st) vs Wonders (3rd). This is going to be epic! As mentioned in all the other match threads, there's a good chance that I'm not even close to sober. It's Easter and it would be a crime to not take this as an opportunity for a beer or 8 in a row. Oh boy, let's start with the Oobs. Led by Tigerturbulance In my mind I think they are the most scandalous in the competition. Why? Back in the day when they formed there was an undercurrent of betrayal and back stabbing. Oh wait, we are talking Oobs not Baghdad, my bad. But a lot of teams were probably blindsided at the formation of this "new club" a few years back now. Love them or hate them, they do have an impressive team thread. They probably are gifted with the most interesting characters in the SFA. I've always enjoyed playing against them. Round 9 saw another win 24.12 (156) against Mount Buller Demons 16.12 (108). Who can stop this team??

Okay let's move on to the Wonders. But first a special announcement by our sponsor, White Rabbit Chocolate Stout. This beer is not only enjoyable it breaks down writers block and I probably need to be careful not to say something stupid....erm again... and again... and again...! So where was I? Oh yeah The Wonders. The team that has Mr GUH paying for them. He's a top bloke I reckon. But You know what? after spending years and years in your team thread I've decided it's too hard to work out who your captain is, however I did manage to find MH370 I guess so that's a win! I can only assume it's a joint leadership responsibility. So you all get a mention!! DenieD, ClarkeM, AnUltimateRessie, HARPSichord, and Cubs2Lions Great bunch of peeps in this club! You probably should make it clear for drunk people to know who is the Captain though. I've been around the traps long enough to know I'm not the only poster on SFA who has 5 too many beers , so you need to start embracing equality.

So Round 9 saw a loss to the Wonders 15.7(97) against Gumbies FFC 19.16(130). Is it me or do Gumbies sound edible?

Best of luck to you all! Cheers!
Oh and big shout out to Grav for the match thread image!

Great OP thanks Bovo - enjoyed the narrative style fitting of MOTR between two of this seasons heavyweights

Always enjoy the company also with you mate, let’s just don’t talk about that silly AFL club called Qrisbane Qions and then we will be great mates as always 🤗

Qarlton doing well though Robertio, premierships favourites perhaps.
Life can't get any better mate, Blues undefeated and OOB'S on top of the ladder, get me another Guinness.

Should be a great week until any Wonders Posters start sprouting some False Hope amongst your team.

Let's just hear the Wonders concession speech from the start.

Forfeit the game

And then we can all move on and party for the rest of the week.

Calling it early, OOB at home? Minimum of 22 goals. Good luck Wonders - I hope it’s a fun week ahead!

Life can't get any better mate, Blues undefeated and OOB'S on top of the ladder, get me another Guinness.
Does that mean I can have a dozen of Guinnesses to share with DemurePrincess cause our Lions suck again.

Does that mean I can have a dozen of Guinnesses to share with DemurePrincess cause our Lions suck again.

Surely get the chocolates against the Qangas this week though? Long season with plenty to play out. Cats went 0-3 last year then didn’t they win 6 of 7 after that?

DemurePrincess the Wonders have Inner Sanctum Access so can you ensure they have the best towels for Sundays Game
sexy k-pop GIF

I’ve had to unlock the towels from the security chambers Tigerturbulance
These are made of the finest Himalayan virgin pubic hair!

It’s like drying yourself with air. A very exciting and exhilarating experience.

Now that’s actually sick, I love the graphics btw and that’s anything above my pay-roll at the Wonders :eekv1:

AnUltimateRessie and HARPSichord we need to be creative.
Nothing creative about this lot, Cubsy. Just use some form of AI image creator and you'll be as good as Turbo in no time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just one issue though mate, but I can’t read or maybe I actually can cause I successfully failed English according to my professors this year so what does that card say for me please 🤗

the simpsons me fail english thats unpossible GIF
We’ll get you some support. Her name is Anya. And she’s yours for the duration of your stay! 😉

Oops! Sorry!

Tad grumpy here. I’ve done my groin doing cart wheels yesterday and ouch ouch ouch! 🤦‍♀️

But to be honest, my job is to look after the visiting teams. Not your needs.

thewizardmelon
.…fetch the team some towels mate? Pull ya weight ffs

Nothing creative about this lot, Cubsy. Just use some form of AI image creator and you'll be as good as Turbo in no time.

Uh excuse me - we’re plenty creative!

Look at my handiwork!

IMG_5179.jpeg

Oops! Sorry!

Tad grumpy here. I’ve done my groin doing cart wheels yesterday and ouch ouch ouch! 🤦‍♀️

But to be honest, my job is to look after the visiting teams. Not your needs.

thewizardmelon
.…fetch the team some towels mate? Pull ya weight ffs

Do some stretches next time old lady. Then cartwheels won’t hurt ya for 3 days afterwards!

And nope - I’m the marquee signing, I don’t do sh*t (including on the field). Well except my season high 122DT last week ;)

Do some stretches next time old lady. Then cartwheels won’t hurt ya for 3 days afterwards!

And nope - I’m the marquee signing, I don’t do sh*t (including on the field). Well except my season high 122DT last week ;)
juice it my oh face GIF

Always enjoy the company also with you mate, let’s just don’t talk about that silly AFL club called Qrisbane Qions and then we will be great mates as always 🤗

Qarlton doing well though Robertio, premierships favourites perhaps.
And we don't need to mention Qawthorn either. Not this week.

The week we win though...

Dog GIF by ViralHog

That's a 100 more than i got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back