SEASON 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the issues is that many people say what's the fuss - for most people the symptoms are really mild. That might be true but if I caught the virus from umpiring a game, even though I might just have a runny nose for a few days, my company would have to shut down for a few days minimum and most likely isolate my co-workers. That would be a major issue for the company.

One of the issues is that many people say what's the fuss - for most people the symptoms are really mild. That might be true but if I caught the virus from umpiring a game, even though I might just have a runny nose for a few days, my company would have to shut down for a few days minimum and most likely isolate my co-workers. That would be a major issue for the company.

I’m in a similar position except it’s uni placement & F2F attendance hurdles.
Not really keen to get sick playing footy, fail a subject on attendance and have to hand over another $5000 to take it again next year.

This is exactly right. What happens if on a Friday morning your CHB calls you and says that he has a sore throat and has been advised to get a test. That wipes out 40 odd blokes plus anyone else in contact with him in the social rooms. And then what happens when you turn around to your boss and tell them you can’t work for a period of time because you put yourself at risk at footy training? Again I ask why our commission and head office think we are in any different position than the now dozen or so leagues that have shut up shop. Has the fact half our comp reside in the “hotspot” council boundaries of the south east been overlooked here? The goal posts keep shifting every 2 or 3 days so how are you supposed to gather member opinion with any conviction? The season is untenable at a senior level, no one is happy about it but it’s the reality of the world we currently live in. What is the desperate need for them to keep pushing the barrow? The revised date of June 29th is futile, the government have already stated that the state of emergency will be in place till the 19th of July so what exactly do OE know that the government and DHHS don’t?

Last edited:

This is exactly right. What happens if on a Friday morning your CHB calls you and says that he has a sore throat and has been advised to get a test. That wipes out 40 odd blokes plus anyone else in contact with him in the social rooms. And then what happens when you turn around to your boss and tell them you can’t work for a period of time because you put yourself at risk at footy training? Again I ask why our commission and head office think we are in any different position than the now dozen or so leagues that have shut up shop. Has the fact half our comp reside in the “hotspot” council boundaries of the south east been overlooked here? The goal posts keep shifting every 2 or 3 days so how are you supposed to gather member opinion with any conviction? The season is untenable at a senior level, no one is happy about it but it’s the reality of the world we currently live in. What is the desperate need for them to keep pushing the barrow? The revised date of June 29th is futile, the government have already stated that the state of emergency will be in place till the 13th of July so what exactly do OE know that the government and DHHS don’t?

a player testing +ve during the season would also force their most recent opposition (and possibly the team before that, plus the opposition of those two clubs etc) to get tested/go into quarantine due to incubation time of the virus.
basically a single player having COVID risks knocking out half the competitions for a quarter of the season each.

Are we waiting on a club to agree to zero salary cap before any further announcements?

We are waiting on meetings with presidents and the league tomorrow.
There has already been a handful of teams that have informed the league they will not be fielding any football and netball teams for 2020 season. The league has asked for them not to announce anything until after Their announcement on monday

Good to have the updates from the AFLOE boss on here. Think we will hear next week that all is done for 2020. Heard the same news regarding some of the clubs already expressing their unwillingness to take the field this year. Has been a long time coming but is inevitable now especially with clubs in the Casey Cardinia areas.

We are waiting on meetings with presidents and the league tomorrow.
There has already been a handful of teams that have informed the league they will not be fielding any football and netball teams for 2020 season. The league has asked for them not to announce anything until after Their announcement on monday

Surely if the Presidents are meeting today with the League, there could/should be an announcement tomorrow.

Heard Berwick players not willing to play for naught. heard from little brother.....

Surely if the Presidents are meeting today with the League, there could/should be an announcement tomorrow.

Heard Berwick players not willing to play for naught. heard from little brother.....
Hearing the same from the Beaconsfield...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alexandra and Yea too I believe

Last edited:

Oh for goodness sake cancel the 2020 season AFL Victoria.To cricket lets start our season 1st Saturday in October and withdraw the offer to start later and let these competitions that insist on the impossible and play 8 weeks and pretend that is a real season.We extend footy into mid/late October it buggers up the 2021 footy season plus footy clubs pre season training for 2021 which usually starts early November.

yeah both clubs have posted on facie they’re out, as have Powelltown & Junction.
Think that leaves only Warby left of the Div 2 clubs?

Last edited:
Powelltown and Yarra Junction have both decided to pull stumps for 2020.

I believe Wandin, Healesville and Seville will announce their withdrawal in the next few days.

Last edited:

I believe Wandin, Healesville and Seville will announce their withdrawal in the next few days.

At this rate teams might get a return fixture against each other!

Olinda, Woori and Pakenham are the only Premier Div clubs keen to play and will join whatever Div 1 clubs will play. That means Doveton, Narre and Upwey would also be out.

don’t know where you got your mail from about seville, but from the people I have spoken to who are involved heavily with the club, they have all agreed that they are wanting to compete this season, and have had great numbers on the track

Olinda, Woori and Pakenham are the only Premier Div clubs keen to play and will join whatever Div 1 clubs will play. That means Doveton, Narre and Upwey would also be out.

pakenham might not get a choice in the matter if their suburb goes into lockdown!
Any word on Warby? Only div 2 side with no public announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back