News Scott Lycett signs with Port Districts

Remove this Banner Ad

Old Snake Baker eh lol

We've invented delisting people. North Melbourne's list currently with 748 players and half of them priority picks from the AFL.

Snake Stroker really thought he got one over us when they "poached" Jasper Pittard. What an idiot.

That would seem to seal the fate of Hayes as well then. If Lycett was the extra we were planning on keeping, you'd have to think Hayes must've been the first out the door. Sweet, Soldo & Visentini into 2024.
We had 4 rucks on the list this year and that was barely enough. Lycett=> Soldo and Teakle=> Sweet, so Hayes could stick around as depth. Although I'd probably rather a beanpole rookie ruck than having Hayes waste away in a pocket for the Magpies again.

We had 4 rucks on the list this year and that was barely enough. Lycett=> Soldo and Teakle=> Sweet, so Hayes could stick around as depth. Although I'd probably rather a beanpole rookie ruck than having Hayes waste away in a pocket for the Magpies again.
Soldo, Sweet and Dante are enough. If all three go down it will be God sending a message that enough is enough, sack that campaigner Hinkley now!

Not sure if I class Teakle as anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You only needed to watch him in isolation to know he was completely cooked.

Oh yeah, it’s just the talk of an extension/trade hinted at “needs surgery, but can do a job elsewhere”.

That he was preferred to throw to the wolves in a final over Hayes 😅

His first three years for us were pretty solid but his body just packed it in the last two years unfortunately. Will always be a premiership player though, unlike the rest of our team who will never be bar Rioli and Soldo.

His first three years for us were pretty solid but his body just packed it in the last two years unfortunately. Will always be a premiership player though, unlike the rest of our team who will never be bar Rioli and Soldo.
Agreed, Lycett played some good games in his first couple of seasons after returning to Alberton, but not unlike Jonas he was a ghost of what he once was for the last two.

The ever present spectre of hinkley aside, and as harsh as it can often be maybe team management has finally woken up to the fact that once a player is no longer up to the physical demands of their role there isn't much point in keeping them on the list.

He was a warrior in ruck. Pity injuries throughout his career hampered him. Go well Big Scotty.

nearly the last of the line of PAFC juniors in the AFL.

I read Sean Lemmens is the last.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back