News Scott Lycett signs with Port Districts

Remove this Banner Ad

Old Snake Baker eh lol

Players who left North Melbourne in 2023
Aiden Bonar, Ben Cunnington, Jacob Edwards, Todd Goldstein, Aaron Hall, Daniel Howe, Jack Mahony, Ben McKay, Flynn Perez, Phoenix Spicer, Kayne Turner, Lachie Young, Jack Ziebell

Players who left North Melbourne in 2022
Jed Anderson, Atu Bosenavulagi, Josh Walker, Tom Lynch, Kyron Hayden, Matt McGuinness, Patrick Walker, Jason Horne-Francis, Jared Polec

Players who left North Melbourne in 2021
Taylor Garner, Dom Tyson, Will Walker, Connor Menadue, Shaun Atley, Trent Dumont, Tom Campbell, Charlie Ham, Robbie Tarrant

Players who left North Melbourne in 2020
Paul Ahern, Ben Brown, Joel Crocker, Majak Daw, Sam Durdin, Shaun Higgins, Lachie Hosie, Ben Jacobs, Jamie Macmillan, Tom Murphy, Jasper Pittard, Ed Vickers-Willis, Marley Williams, Mason Wood

I could be Scott Lycett's dad.
Which means I could also be TazD's dad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We likely win the premiership in 2020 if he doesn't play

We punted a still good Ryder and neglected the development and drafting of rucks because of him.

Not his fault but no thanks. One of the worst signings the club has ever done.

Not sure how you work these mental gymnastics out in your head. But essentially your saying no lycett and we win the flag?

Ryder was pretty cooked in 2019. And I recall his body being very unreliable, coming off late in a couple crucial games, just not being there when we really needed him and in the one final he played in 2017 he got given a bath from the warmed up corpse of drew Petrie and Nathan vardy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lol far out, what was he expecting? What could he possibly be salty about? If he is salty because he got cut when he thought he still had gas in the tank then go find another home.

The fact he hasn’t, and has chosen to retire instead is an indication to me he is every bit as physically cooked as he looked this year.

He should be salty as well Hinkley ground him to dust and replaced him at the first possible moment while blowing any draft hand that we had getting Soldo. Hinkley could have got one player and used Lycett as cover but No.
Do you actually think Lycett’s output warranted another contract? He was absolutely cooked imo.

I didn’t mind lycett, I thought he gave it his all, and wish him well in retirement but it definitely looked like he was physically done this year.

He should be salty as well Hinkley ground him to dust and replaced him at the first possible moment while blowing any draft hand that we had getting Soldo. Hinkley could have got one player and used Lycett as cover but No.

I’d rather sweet and Visentini as cover.

We replaced him because he hasn't played a good game in two years. Do you think he should have a job for life?

No see above: I've argued that he's been cooked with injury I think he has reason to be salty. He did towel up the all Australian ruckman this year in a game were he came back from a layoff.

So it’s everyone else’s fault (mainly Hinkley?) that his body is cooked and he couldn’t run out of sight on a dark night this year?

Yes absolutely. He has been played while injured for reasons I'll let others expand on.

It has been established here that Hinkley has the last say about whether players play or they don't while they carry injury.

Tell me, do you think it's good management to play Lycett injured and not play Hayes and then delist them both while killing our draft hand?
No, but Lycett was the beneficiary of our mismanagement, not a victim. He shouldn't have even been on our list this year, let alone next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back