News Sam Hayes signs for North Melbourne VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladhams played for us basically every week. He was backed in at the selection table. Not even close to the same situation.

Hayes came into the AFL as the consensus most talented ruckman in his draft, and up until two years ago was viewed by just about everyone as our future #1 ruck for the next decade. But now he's damaged goods. And our mismanagement is what damaged him.

If I didn't know any better I wouldn't want a ruckman at my club who wasn't getting a game over a washed Scott Lycett and an all-time spud like Brynn Teakle either. But it turns out that 'wasn't getting a game' doesn't always mean 'shouldn't have been getting a game'. Especially not at Ken Hinkley's Port Adelaide.

Hayes mismanaged himself you turnip. Was never good enough at the level required for that reason. Glad he’s gone. You were wrong.

The Hayes slander is bizarre to me. How you could have watched us fumble the bag with tall development so comprehensively over the last decade and STILL want to blame players is crazy.

The only best 22 tall on our list that we drafted and developed is Todd Marshall.

It's not the players, guys.

Hayes mismanaged himself you turnip. Was never good enough at the level required for that reason. Glad he’s gone. You were wrong.
Always good to hear your thoughts on judging young tall talent, guy who shat on Todd Marshall for five years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hayes slander is bizarre to me. How you could have watched us fumble the bag with tall development so comprehensively over the last decade and STILL want to blame players is crazy.

The only best 22 tall on our list that we drafted and developed is Todd Marshall.

It's not the players, guys.
It is bizarre our entire ruck division this year at AFL level will be two mature trade-ins, our second banana KPD is another mature trade-in to go alongside Aliir who was another mature trade-in & we'll still bomb it long to Chuck the mature GCS trade-in. Our only glimmers of positive tall development light from the draft in the last umpteen years are Toddy & Lord.

It is bizarre our entire ruck division this year at AFL level will be two mature trade-ins, our second banana KPD is another mature trade-in to go alongside Aliir who was another mature trade-in & we'll still bomb it long to Chuck the mature GCS trade-in. Our only glimmers of positive tall development light from the draft in the last umpteen years are Toddy & Lord.

I'm sorry my brain isn't capable of pattern recognition so in my opinion it's all that awful Sam Hayes's fault because he didn't want it enough

Make a list of Port Adelaide B&NF winners ranked from best to worst and tell me where he ranks

This isn't the insult you think it is. Hayes absolutely deserved his B&F in 2021 and showed plenty of talent that our coaches elected to squander.

Always good to hear your thoughts on judging young tall talent, guy who shat on Todd Marshall for five years.

I could dig up plenty of posts from you suggesting Lord was rubbish before he was given an opportunity, whereas Marshall was rubbish despite endless opportunities.

Can you share with us who came 2nd and 3rd to hayes, Ebert and Motley (pick any year for multiple time winners).
It’s called clutching at straws, trying desperately to twist it somehow to justify there agenda.
You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time.
University Blues 😂 and to think I had him going to the Gippsland Desert.

I could dig up plenty of posts from you suggesting Lord was rubbish before he was given an opportunity, whereas Marshall was rubbish despite endless opportunities.
Didn’t you know Lord will be delisted at years end according to, the names have been changed to protect the guilty (Go Power) we will call him.

This isn't the insult you think it is. Hayes absolutely deserved his B&F in 2021 and showed plenty of talent that our coaches elected to squander.

No doubt. He joins the illustrious company of greats like Cam Sutcliffe, Will Snelling, Russell Ebert and Jack Trengove

Remove this Banner Ad

Back