News Sam Hayes signs for North Melbourne VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

This puts an end to all saying he should have been playing doesn’t it?

Clearly if he was any good he wouldn’t be playing in amature league.
It certainly puts an end to anyone trying to defend Port's development of big men.

I'm not sure it says much about Sam one way or another.

I mean, he still performed better than Brian tackle, Lycett and 12 year old Dante

I'm here for training dudes!

7zoo.gif

If you buy a Ferrari and crash it and nobody wants to buy it afterwards, that doesn't mean Ferraris are a bad car.

Massive waste of talent.

If you buy a Ferrari and crash it and nobody wants to buy it afterwards, that doesn't mean Ferraris are a bad car.

Massive waste of talent.

Do you really think that? people would have eyes and ears all over the industry. Ladhams had personal issues (but Sydney took the chance as they wanted to try and work with it, whether they can is another thing - but the guy can run all day) - if you can't run you can't run and anybody in the AFL would know those deets about Sam surely.

Do you really think that? people would have eyes and ears all over the industry. Ladhams had personal issues (but Sydney took the chance as they wanted to try and work with it, whether they can is another thing - but the guy can run all day) - if you can't run you can't run and anybody in the AFL would know those deets about Sam surely.
Yep they would have eyes and ears and know that we crashed the ferrari

And yet, Collingwood invited Brynn Teakle to train and nobody here thinks he could play and conversely that Craig McRae is a genius.

He's effectively taking on a crashed Lada.

Yep they would have eyes and ears and know that we crashed the ferrari

I know this is all analogous but talking about Sam Hayes like he's a Ferrari is gross.

Even more so the idea that other team's would lick their lips at the chance of having him

Yet they didn't, and he was taken at pick 47, and even now he's delisted and at the prime age of 24 for a ruckman, they still have not taken a punt on him.

I know who it says more about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this is all analogous but talking about Sam Hayes like he's a Ferrari is gross.

Even more so the idea that other team's would lick their lips at the chance of having him

Yet they didn't, and he was taken at pick 47, and even now he's delisted and at the prime age of 24 for a ruckman, they still have not taken a punt on him.

I know who it says more about.
Love is blind

Ladhams played for us basically every week. He was backed in at the selection table. Not even close to the same situation.

Hayes came into the AFL as the consensus most talented ruckman in his draft, and up until two years ago was viewed by just about everyone as our future #1 ruck for the next decade. But now he's damaged goods. And our mismanagement is what damaged him.

If I didn't know any better I wouldn't want a ruckman at my club who wasn't getting a game over a washed Scott Lycett and an all-time spud like Brynn Teakle either. But it turns out that 'wasn't getting a game' doesn't always mean 'shouldn't have been getting a game'. Especially not at Ken Hinkley's Port Adelaide.

Sam being a Ferrari that we crashed . He’s 24 nobody even wanted to even rookie him . It’s just opportunistic to try and add him as another of the things that the club has done wrong .
I thinks it’s on him that he didn’t make it , he either couldn’t or wouldn’t build his tank , he was given a go he just wasn’t quite up to it .

Sam being a Ferrari that we crashed . He’s 24 nobody even wanted to even rookie him . It’s just opportunistic to try and add him as another of the things that the club has done wrong .
I thinks it’s on him that he didn’t make it , he either couldn’t or wouldn’t build his tank , he was given a go he just wasn’t quite up to it .
24 for a ruckman (Ferrari) is nothing.
His shortcomings would be well known throughout the league and that’s why he’s playing amateurs.
Don’t have to be that bright to work that out but some people struggle to accept the truth.
Hey at least you get a laugh out of some of these posts and the season hasn’t even started.

24 for a ruckman (Ferrari) is nothing.
His shortcomings would be well known throughout the league and that’s why he’s playing amateurs.
Don’t have to be that bright to work that out but some people struggle to accept the truth.
Hey at least you get a laugh out of some of these posts and the season hasn’t even started.
The big fella has his name on the same B&F honour board as Russell Ebert & Geof Motley.

It's ok to admit we suck at developing talls.

The big fella has his name on the same B&F honour board as Russell Ebert & Geof Motley.

It's ok to admit we suck at developing talls.
Can you share with us who came 2nd and 3rd to hayes, Ebert and Motley (pick any year for multiple time winners).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back