News Sam Hayes signs for North Melbourne VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hayes slander is bizarre to me. How you could have watched us fumble the bag with tall development so comprehensively over the last decade and STILL want to blame players is crazy.

The only best 22 tall on our list that we drafted and developed is Todd Marshall.

It's not the players, guys.
Lord will be an interesting watch, as will Visentini. Both given games before they are ready, opposed to others in years gone by whom have been made to play 100 Reserves games of footy before getting a taste.

No doubt. He joins the illustrious company of greats like Cam Sutcliffe, Will Snelling, Russell Ebert and Jack Trengove

It's disrespectful to s**t talk the AR Mclean Medal, especially by naming 3 guys who had decent AFL careers. Cam Sutcliffe played in an AFL Grand Final in the Hinkley era and was a mainstay at Freo until they decided to do a full rebuild. Jack Trengove had his career ruined through injury. Will Snelling managed 60+ games at AFL level despite being 175cm.

Lord will be an interesting watch, as will Visentini. Both given games before they are ready, opposed to others in years gone by whom have been made to play 100 Reserves games of footy before getting a taste.
I have high hopes for Dante and Ollie in time.
Pity we missed Vigo though.

Can't help but feel a line was put through him with selection mid 2022.
The fact we completely derailed our season and ran Lycett into retirement just not to play Hayes, then to fold and play him for the last month of the season shows a lack of professionalism and win at all cost mentality.
At the same time, Hayes not building a AFL tank was also unprofessional

Marshall is a major problem mainly for himself with these concussions.
Something needs to change this season with the way he goes in for the ball or his days are numbered.

Marshall is a major problem mainly for himself with these concussions.
Something needs to change this season with the way he goes in for the ball or his days are numbered.

If Marshall succumbs to his concussions that'll bust us back down to 0 tall players developed under Hinkley currently starting and established AFL quality.

It's the players though, the players are all at fault here. There is no pattern, it's all separate misfortunes like the Springfield Power Plant softball team.

If Marshall succumbs to his concussions that'll bust us back down to 0 tall players developed under Hinkley currently starting and established AFL quality.

It's the players though, the players are all at fault here. There is no pattern, it's all separate misfortunes like the Springfield Power Plant softball team.
I believe Marshall’s concussion problems could be more connected with Genetic’s than Hinkley.

Well Mr. Hinkley had done it,
Everyone else had won it,
With Jonas clucking all the while,
Big Dix's tragic idiocy made us smile,
While Allir lay unconscious on the grassy pile...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't read this thread for quite some time but having Sam Hayes and other recent Maggie's B&F winners on the same board as Ebert, Motley, and other champions of the past is wrong.

By comparison to the halcyon days of the club and the strength of the then sanfl comp the current award winners should definitely have an asterisk alongside their name, as I suspect a number of them from the last 10-15 years or so may not have even been regular first 18 players in the Fos and Cahill eras let alone be named club champion.

I haven't read this thread for quite some time but having Sam Hayes and other recent Maggie's B&F winners on the same board as Ebert, Motley, and other champions of the past is wrong.

By comparison to the halcyon days of the club and the strength of the then sanfl comp the current award winners should definitely have an asterisk alongside their name, as I suspect a number of them from the last 10-15 years or so may not have even been regular first 18 players in the Fos and Cahill eras let alone be named club champion.
Isn't post-AFL entry SANFL stuff on the clubs honour board in a separate list?

From reading a number of the earlier posts it sounded to me like they were all on the same board, but if not and the club has made a differentiation between the eras that is definitely the way to go.
You are spot on, there is no distinction between winners after and before our AFL side.
definitely needs changing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back