Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone is so sick and tired of Hinkley
I'm struggling to watch our game plan on TV, let alone paying to go and watch it live. I'm sure I'm not alone.

ANZAC round.

Friday night.

Perfect conditions.

Best list ever.

55,000 members.

Stadium is still only two-thirds full.

Sack Hinkley.
Almost a 41k crowd is pretty good. Looked pretty empty before the game, maybe it was traffic related.

20240427_020456.jpg

KEN (NARRATOR): So there I stood as I saw the core group of players coming off injured and I thought to myself, "fck, I actually have to make it look like I'm doing something now." Will they believe me? How long can I get away with this for? C'mon boys....work....work hardery....for longery....Just for me this one time please. I've got a dog syndicate to fund and run....Where's that ******* Pepsi Max at ffs?

Young and the restless theme begins

View attachment 1972078

KEN (NARRATOR): So there I stood as I saw the core group of players coming off injured and I thought to myself, "fck, I actually have to make it look like I'm doing something now." Will they believe me? How long can I get away with this for? C'mon boys....work....work hardery....for longery....Just for me this one time please. I've got a dog syndicate to fund and run....Where's that ******* Pepsi Max at ffs?

Young and the restless theme begins
you can almost see his tiny brain ticking over like "im gonna deliver em the best channel the anzac spirit speech them boys have ever heard!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm struggling to watch our game plan on TV, let alone paying to go and watch it live. I'm sure I'm not alone.
Our game plan of going through the corridor has been shut-down by more deciplined sides. We played the wings and did our usual Hinkleyball forward entries. It was fortunate that the Saints defence couldn't handle our forward half pressure. The flat track bully's gameplan of choice.

40k showed up which is surprising considering last weeks performance, long weekend and train issues. Didn't seem that full but the hill was packed.

It’s pretty clear we’re already seeing a generational shift to ‘bright lights! fun night out! sing and sway! young superstars!’ that transcends the existential dross of this hopeless era, beyond the natural advantages of a CBD stadium a stroll from the central rail hub.

A crowd like this against an also-ran would be unthinkable even during the halcyon days of Footy Park circa 2002-4.

For emphasis, we only got 3 non-Showdown 40k+ crowds in the treble-McClelland years,

• 1 vs Brisbane (the R22 classic in 2002)
• 1 vs Collingwood (R10, 2003)
• 1 vs St Kilda (the Prelim, 2004)

Koch and friends would miss the point entirely and feel vindicated, after all, we’re 5 & 2! Neville Bartos Airlines!…

2C6B6933-C5EB-48E8-9FE8-C9E8AACE2EF4.jpeg

… flyin’ moite!

sing and sway!

Thinking Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back