Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Thinking Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I have to look away now. The cringe is too much.

It’s like all those old people during the Macarena craze.

It’s pretty clear we’re already seeing a generational shift to ‘bright lights! fun night out! sing and sway! young superstars!’ that transcends the existential dross of this hopeless era, beyond the natural advantages of a CBD stadium a stroll from the central rail hub.

A crowd like this against an also-ran would be unthinkable even during the halcyon days of Footy Park circa 2002-4.

For emphasis, we only got 3 non-Showdown 40k+ crowds in the treble-McClelland years,

• 1 vs Brisbane (the R22 classic in 2002)
• 1 vs Collingwood (R10, 2003)
• 1 vs St Kilda (the Prelim, 2004)

Koch and friends would miss the point entirely and feel vindicated, after all, we’re 5 & 2! Neville Bartos Airlines!…

View attachment 1972295

… flyin’ moite!

The one noticeable aspect of the crowd in my area the last 18 months is the drop off of families and been replaced with lots of 13-18yo girls and boys in groups or on dates or something. Hundreds of them every match. Two+ years ago there were none of that bracket at all.

The one noticeable aspect of the crowd in my area the last 18 months is the drop off of families and been replaced with lots of 13-18yo girls and boys in groups or on dates or something. Hundreds of them every match. Two+ years ago there were none of that bracket at all.

Well, they wouldn’t have been alive when Port Adelaide was actually Port Adelaide, so good luck to them if they enjoy it.

There's been a complete turnover of people around where I sit. In my row, the rows directly in front and behind had been the same groups of people from day one at AO. This year completely different people in all of those seats.

If the club's plan was to get rid of the old school, white noise, difficult to keep happy Ports supporters and replace them with more easily pleased happy clapper types, the plan seems to be working.

There's been a complete turnover of people around where I sit. In my row, the rows directly in front and behind had been the same groups of people from day one at AO. This year completely different people in all of those seats.

If the club's plan was to get rid of the old school, white noise, difficult to keep happy Ports supporters and replace them with more easily pleased happy clapper types, the plan seems to be working.

Of our group of season ticket holders that peaked at 25+ stretching back to the tarps era, with multiple weekly requests for any spares for relatives/friends/kids/dalliances, there’s maybe 5 or 6 left.

1 of which is me, who has been to one game since walking out of the Prelim at 3QT.

Going great guns.

It's been pretty clear for about 5 years that Ken is never walking. And Koch isn't pushing him. So there's really no hope of any change, even after these 2 years, and it feels like Ken is trying to put his foot down early this time to ensure the next extension.

If the succession was on, it would have happened by now.

Yeah I watched his presser .....

What was with the weird see you channel 7 at the end?.
That was to do with the byplay over the fact that only THREE journos turned up to for the coaches interviews, and the host channel, Channel Seven didnt even bother to send one!

It is Channel 7 Adelaide though, so not too surprising.

It's been pretty clear for about 5 years that Ken is never walking. And Koch isn't pushing him. So there's really no hope of any change, even after these 2 years, and it feels like Ken is trying to put his foot down early this time to ensure the next extension.

If the succession was on, it would have happened by now.

This is why it’s so important to have something approaching ‘normal’ media pressure on his reverses.

It’s crystal clear Koch has little idea about things beyond superficial results, so a week such as this one where the wider media finally woke up to our diabolical record against top-8 teams was invaluable in actually scrutinising his true record.

Prior to this it’s always been just Kane Cornes blowing his bags, or Rooch harking back to things that didn’t happen in 2012, or Malcolm Blight/Dwayne Russell/Gerard Whateley giving him backrubs due to his Geelong days.

Koch duly believes he’s one of the best and is either unlucky or being let down by his players.

Pour it on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol you wait when we stop winning and see if those strikers fans keep turning up

As long as there’s the chance of an over-the-strides wristy at the floral clock, the coffers will keep coffin’

Ken Hinkley on any Josh Carr handover:

“I think we’ve been really clear that I’m contracted for the next couple of years to coach the footy club. I HAVE NO END DATE … I haven’t put in my resignation, I haven’t put in my timeline about finishing.”

Screenshot_20240405_094408_Facebook.jpg

and thats how poor our club leadership is, that he thinks it is all his own decision and performance or results simply dont matter.

He sounds like when someone who has clearly prospered due to nepotism gets offended at the suggestion.

“I think we’ve been really clear that I’m contracted for the next couple of years to coach the footy club. I HAVE NO END DATE … I haven’t put in my resignation, I haven’t put in my timeline about finishing.”

View attachment 1972461
What a selfish prick.

View attachment 1972461

Threaten Breaking Bad GIF

Ken to long suffering power fans after putting them through a decade of pain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back