Game Day Round 8 vs Gold Coast @ Heritage Bank Stadium, 4:35 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Calm down he wasn't that bad, playing against a guy far bigger than him. Hes meant to be a 3rd tall not taking opposition KPFs.
Agree. Casboult can be spudly but is an awesome contested mark even on blokes his own size. Would have 10kgs and a couple inches on Disco easy

The kid that came into the side for him was simply not up to it tonight.

it staggers me that you can get a game with the inabilities that he displayed, let along in a top 4 side
Brutal. Looked good against the pies last season. Just had a horrid matchup

Nah, Gold Coast were pretty good. I think that was a 2-3 goal win for us if the umps weren't diabolically bad.

More worried about the panic and dumb decisions when under pressure. That's not what premiership sides do. We went into meltdown mode for no real reason late.

More worried about the panic and dumb decisions when out under pressure. That's not what premiership sides do. We went into meltdown mode for no real reason.
Gold Coast pressure was very very good. Felt like a finals game. Agree our composure was bad at times but still feel we should have fairly won.

Agree. I know there's a few disco Turner lovers on this board but I thought he was bog average.
I reckon he'll be a player for us, but was poor today. Reckon he was played in the wrong role though, he's more like a Lever/intercept type rather than a stay at home defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More worried about the panic and dumb decisions when under pressure. That's not what premiership sides do. We went into meltdown mode for no real reason late.

This was it in a nutshell, plus a range of tactical mistakes and having no defensive structure goal side of a contest that make us look like a lower bottom 8 side.

We’ll get a rude shock when we play Collingwood or Geelong if we haven’t fixed a few things by the then.

Goodwin did Turner no favours playing him on Casboult in his second game. terrible match up for him but Casboult only kicked two goals and we got away with it.
I thought Turner started looking more comfortable as the game progressed, at least with his marking and disposal.

But in foresight, not even hindsight, the right move once Hibberd was rested was to switch Petty back and then have one of Schache or Brown as a forward instead of Petty.

Turner just too small and inexperienced for any of King, Chol or Casboult.

Didn't see the game live. Watching the replay.

I like Gold Coast using the blue, but I thought they moved away from it somewhat? Their kit looks a little unbalanced or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back