Preview Round 8: Essendon vs West Coast, Data Breach Stadium, Saturday 4th May, 8:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They swallow?
Running Man Abandon Thread GIF by MOODMAN

omw!!

a lot is made of how bad freo's song is, but not enough people acknowledge that "we're the big birds kings of the big game" is the dumbest s**t in the world
That Birds of Tokyo song is quite possibly the worst thing ever recorded.
Honestly you could rev a crowd up more effectively by playing a 40 second long clip of a shart

West Coast have the second best contested possession differential this year (one ahead of Essendon). West Coast's form since Sydney 3 weeks ago wasn't just a fluke so expect a tough close game. Hopefully the number of close games this year gave us enough experience to halt West Coast's resurgence.

Please send this to Brad Scott and the coaching group

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

West Coast have the second best contested possession differential this year (one ahead of Essendon). West Coast's form since Sydney 3 weeks ago wasn't just a fluke so expect a tough close game. Hopefully the number of close games this year gave us enough experience to halt West Coast's resurgence.

Their game against the Suns will tell us a lot.

Based on the VFL I’d probably go

Out: Goldstein (managed), Hobbs
In: Tsatas, Guelfi (as sub)

Roberts and Hayes would be in line for a debut soon but I wouldn’t do it at Optus.

Draper and Wright to share the ruck duties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am brining in Roberts first. He has more scope to fit into the wing / half forward rotation.
Tsatas had a very good game but for me I do not want to bring him in and just put him back to wing or half forward . If he comes in he has to play midfield.
Again I would have no issue with Hayes getting a game. Same for Bryan if one of the rucks missed.

Manage Goldstein and Heppell after a heavy travel load every two weeks. We need both of them to be in prime condition vs GWS the following week .

Out: Goldstein (managed), Heppell (managed), Davey and Hind (sub)
In: Tsatas, Shiel, Roberts and Guelfi

I want Tsatas to have a full game so sub Shiel or Guelfi. Roberts starts.
I think Davey can benefit from building what he learned at AFL level in the VFL.

We are not managing anyone after a 9 day break.
I wouldn't be against giving Goldy a week off. I don't expect him to play all 23 games and would prefer him fit and available at the pointy end of the season. We only have 3 more travel games and the other two are much shorter hops to QLD so it could save him a few days travel and 8+ hours in a plane to skip this week.

I wouldn't be against giving Goldy a week off. I don't expect him to play all 23 games and would prefer him fit and available at the pointy end of the season. We only have 3 more travel games and the other two are much shorter hops to QLD so it could save him a few days travel and 8+ hours in a plane to skip this week.

Also West Coast have Bailey Williams as their ruck, if Draper and/or Bryan can’t go with him they should probably give it away.

In: Roberts, Guefli, Perkins*
Out: Hind, Davey. Laverde*

*if Perkins isn't fit, just the first 2 changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back