Preview Round 8: Essendon vs West Coast, Data Breach Stadium, Saturday 4th May, 8:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a danger game I feel this one. Eagles on their home deck and starting to believe a bit...

Feel a bit weird saying this but we have to somehow snuff out Harley Reid's impact early on and throughout the game.

Against Freo he pretty much caused a chain reaction that dragged the rest of the team into a perpetual state of belief...

I think maybe whack Caldwell on him early who will still get his own touches when the opportunity arrises.

Team unchanged mostly but wouldn't mind seeing Hayes blooded replacing Laverde.

It’s good that the Eagles have put together those wins at home. And the effort against the Swans during Gather Round too. You would hope that teams don’t take them lightly.

Apparently Guelfi, Perkins and Shiel will all be available but I’d be nervous bringing back players after soft tissue injuries for a game on the Optus ground.

With the last few games played I trust that Ess now go into game day with a much healthier mindset and desire to compete/win. They have consecutive wins and yday a draw against the premiers with this shift.
Bring it. 🙌

I quite like the Heppel managed calls. Hes done his time, let him have it off

OUTS; A.Davey (omitted), Laverde (omitted), Heppell (managed)

INS; Guelfi, Hayes, Shiel (Hobbs to be sub)

I also can't see a huge benefit in bringing Goldy over to WA. Give Bryan a go or just go a bit smaller with Draper/Wright.

I dont want to put the mickey on us but we Play WC,GWS,NM and Richmond in the next 4 weeks.

We would be 7-3-1 by round 11 with a hopeful healthy %.

keep focused and we can actually do something this year.

My jimmies are red hot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🥹🥲 I love you guys.

Very few people in this world truly grasp how horrible everything that is wce can be.

With Out-Laws we visit there (who follow the piss ‘n’ poo) I am well aware. First time I was in Perth the first west aussie who found out I was from Victoria started talking about secession.

They are well balanced though, I’ll give them that.

A chip on each shoulder.

I dont want to put the mickey on us but we Play WC,GWS,NM and Richmond in the next 4 weeks.

We would be 7-3-1 by round 11 with a hopeful healthy %.

keep focused and we can actually do something this year.

My jimmies are red hot.
need to deck deez hand out mfs in the giants n norf.

I think im

L.Hayes - Laverde
Goldstein - Guelfi
Davey - Perkins
Kelly - Tsatas (Hind into 22)

Alot of changes for a side that performed well

I dont expect Scott to make too much change

Perfect time to debut L.Hayes for a week and not like he doesnt deserve it

Sub: Tsatas

Mckay, L.Hayes, Cox, Heppell, Redman, Mcgrath, Martin (Back 7)

This is exactly the game that will define us. A real danger game that in past seasons would have us flat as a tack post Anzac day. We have a good break so no excuses.

I think the team needs freshening up and Goldy could do with a rest prior to GWS.

Davey needs another stint in the VFL IMO. Like that he gives us another dimension but too many times he avoids putting physical pressure on. Many times player right in front of him and he chooses not to tackle. Fix that and he will be a lock.

Lav would not be in the side if Ridley, Reid and Baldwin are fit. Think this game is a good chance to see Hayes.

Guelfi & Shiel in the mix too. Perk maybe but could be saved for GWS. Shame we don't have a VFL game this week to guage form.

Wouldn’t mind waiting on Perk and bringing him back vs North.

One of the most important players on the team in terms of raising its ceiling. No need to bring him back into a high intensity game against the ladder leaders.

You'd think he would walk? Good riddance if he is that fickle. Doubt that is the case at all.

Players that are yet established rarely walk. Thing is he needs another few preseasons in the gym but should get a taste soon.
Of course he would at least test the waters. Would be stupid not to.

Plenty of teams crying out for KPD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back