Preview Round 8: Essendon vs West Coast, Data Breach Stadium, Saturday 4th May, 8:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like Davey to keep his spot.

I don’t see Laverde or Kelly getting dropped for Hayes unless they need the rest.
Unlikely but what we want not necessarily what we predict Brad to do to

Kelly deserves to be out of the side though, hes a liability with ball in hand

Davey was also non competitive for the first 3 qtrs, constantly shits himself and cant half 1v1s atm

If we don't build on Anzac Day and lose to these triple heads we should sack every coach, player, pie seller, boot studder, drink lady, board holder, doctor, trainer, ticket seller, ceo, board member, lady nutritionist, local paperboy.
It can't happen.

I dont want to put the mickey on us but we Play WC,GWS,NM and Richmond in the next 4 weeks.

We would be 7-3-1 by round 11 with a hopeful healthy %.

keep focused and we can actually do something this year.

My jimmies are red hot.
The best part of yesterday's result is that we can almost ignore percentage. We just need to find a way to win.

The reality is that both NM and WC have matched up well against us and pushed us, we need to play them like they are good sides and not like we are the harlem globetrotters. Need to take away any of their tools then grind them down.

Out: Goldy (rested), Hepp (rested), Laverde (pasture)
In: Guelfi, Shiel, Hayes

Hind into the 22, Hobbs as sub.

I'd like to see how our fwd pressure looks if we let Guelfi, Gresh and Davey all get out there and hunt together.

Goldy and Hepp have both been reliably good of late so resting is more a "don't need to have them travel, keep them cherry ripe for the mid-season grind" kind of deal.

Davey was also non competitive for the first 3 qtrs, constantly shits himself and cant half 1v1s atm
Agreed but I really like the overall look of the forward line with him in it. He’s still applying pressure and I think he just needs to be given as many games as possible. He actually looks like he’s going to swim.

List in decent shape injury wise now - only Setterfield/Reid/Ridley from best 22 will be unavailable for the WCoast game so selection will be interesting…

Think we coould see:

OUT: Lav, Hind, Goldy
IN: Hayes (debut), Guelfi, Perkins

Team;-

Hayes McKay McGrath
Heppell Redman Martin
Kelly Caldwell Duursma
Perkins Stringer Gresham
2MP Langford ADavey

Draper Durham Merrett

Bench: Parish Hobbs Cox Jones
SUB: Guelfi

Shiel can come back next week against his old team GWS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best part of yesterday's result is that we can almost ignore percentage. We just need to find a way to win.

The reality is that both NM and WC have matched up well against us and pushed us, we need to play them like they are good sides and not like we are the harlem globetrotters. Need to take away any of their tools then grind them down.
Very true unless others around us have a draw too or we have another one!

Still think West Coast are a little overhyped off the back of Reid. Maybe the coaches do too and tempered it by resting him. Remember, they had zero expectations going into the freo game. Freo have been really poor this year also.

West Coast for the first time for a while will feel some pressure for a win but I expect the Suns to win well.

Yeo's form more of a worry for us IMO but our mids have held up really well and looks like Stringer has worked into match fitness nicely so should spend more time in midfield when we need him. Was huge against DeGoey.

I like Davey but we can't afford to carry a player for 3 quarters with 1 possession and zero pressure. Guelfi would surely come in for him but not opposed to having Davey as sub for a few weeks (except for GWS). He was good in the last.

Have to rest Goldy, too long in a plane for the old boy. Dos back to the dos not the unos mate. Hayes debut if he plays alright today. Guelfi in for Goldy and get some actual forward half pressure, he’s not amazing at it but it’s better than we’re gonna get out of a tall and being a Perf boy he’ll want to put on a good show over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back