AFLW Round 2 v Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

0.0 to 2.5.
Seems like running out of gas.

Think the gas was there, the structures dropped off, when we just went down the line again, whereas most of our early opportunities came from using the ball at angles.

Dominate and lose wow, at one point they showed 37 inside 50's to 12 and only 8 points up at the start of the last qtr.

No matter how you cut and dice it Miller cost the team badly with those two costly turnovers that resulted in the 2 goals to Adelaide, that's the ball game folks. Ever reliable Bec at the best of times and she did play ok but this game is about moments and those two moments resulted in 2 goals which won Adelaide the game.

Think the gas was there, the structures dropped off, when we just went down the line again, whereas most of our early opportunities came from using the ball at angles.

without watching game or knowing final result

stats wise
Crows 24 more disp, clearances 30 - 16 their way, BUT we won I50's 38 - 20, all other stats being fairly equal

we won this game by 4 -5 goals...........right ?
1662177755597.png

Last edited:
without watching game or knowing final result

stats wise
Crows 24 more disp, clearances 30 - 16 their way, BUT we won I50's 38 - 20, all other stats being fairly equal

we won this game by 4 -5 goals...........right ?
View attachment 1498177
So crows win the I50s 10-3 in the last quarter.

Dominate and lose wow, at one point they showed 37 inside 50's to 12 and only 8 points up at the start of the last qtr.

No matter how you cut and dice it Miller cost the team badly with those two costly turnovers that resulted in the 2 goals to Adelaide, that's the ball game folks. Ever reliable Bec at the best of times and she did play ok but this game is about moments and those two moments resulted in 2 goals which won Adelaide the game.
I only saw sec half , we certainly didn’t dominate 4q , well beaten ,,,pretty ordinary near 40 i50s we can only conjure 4G , kb absence prob cost us 2 wins , get the young kid wood into the team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only saw sec half , we certainly didn’t dominate 4q , well beaten ,,,pretty ordinary near 40 i50s we can only conjure 4G , kb absence prob cost us 2 wins , get the young kid wood into the team

I rephrase it we were the better team for 3 qtrs (last qtr it was mostly all Adelaide). No, we weren't well beaten especially when it's 37 to 12 inside 50's, our forward entries were more so just bomb it in. Wakefield on too many occasions plays behind, she is big must-play in front and perhaps would've got a few extra marks which may have resulted in another goal or 2. Adelaide too much messing around with the ball propped up their stats. we should've been 3 goals up at least. When you only have 12 entries to 3/4 time that shows too much possessing of the ball in the back half and around the centre/wings but they couldn't get past the 50-meter line, our pressure was amazing. The only real advantage Adelaide had over the tiges was clearances but that didn't help their forward 50 entries until the last qtr.

Agree, Brennan out is huge. Yes, we should be 2 wins and not 2 losses :(

okay, so Miller had in the 4th Q, 2 kicks that resulted in 2 goals for Crows, that's handy..........for the Crows

with an assist from Lynch?...............surely, she gets an assist for one of them

I rephrase it we were the better team for 3 qtrs (last qtr it was mostly all Adelaide). No, we weren't well beaten especially when it's 37 to 12 inside 50's, our forward entries were more so just bomb it in. Wakefield on too many occasions plays behind, she is big must-play in front and perhaps would've got a few extra marks which may have resulted in another goal or 2. Adelaide too much messing around with the ball propped up their stats. we should've been 3 goals up at least. When you only have 12 entries to 3/4 time that shows too much possessing of the ball in the back half and around the centre/wings but they couldn't get past the 50-meter line, our pressure was amazing. The only real advantage Adelaide had over the tiges was clearances but that didn't help their forward 50 entries until the last qtr.

Good summary AT - we really controlled much the game for 3 and 1/2 qtrs. I said through the call of the game - a notable difference was the height at which Adelaide handballs to a teammate when compared to us - their handball is up at the chest, ours is at the knees too much. Might draw a free kick every so often, but you give away that composed second or so to spot and deliver to advantage. Talk about make it hard for a team mate! Consequently their possessions were more and much much cleaner than ours. The main difference as you rightly said was our amazing pressure and second attacks on the ball carrier, but for that, Adelaide would have beated us by 10 goals I think.

We can get better I hope!

Well beaten in 4q

Good summary AT - we really controlled much the game for 3 and 1/2 qtrs. I said through the call of the game - a notable difference was the height at which Adelaide handballs to a teammate when compared to us - their handball is up at the chest, ours is at the knees too much. Might draw a free kick every so often, but you give away that composed second or so to spot and deliver to advantage. Talk about make it hard for a team mate! Consequently their possessions were more and much much cleaner than ours. The main difference as you rightly said was our amazing pressure and second attacks on the ball carrier, but for that, Adelaide would have beated us by 10 goals I think.

We can get better I hope!
In 3q our attack on footy was brutal and ball movement very good , we have little class in f50 to finish off , lovely kick by shEvLin for goal , maybe play her in f50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back