AFLW 2023 Round 1 - At Brisbane (Sun 3/9)

Remove this Banner Ad

love our starting midfield and love gab seymour, biggest knock is she's probably undersized for a ruck but can't fault her effort and enthusiasm

can't wait to see how wicksteed goes at this level, if she can get anywhere close to her highlights she'll be a player, just hope she gets to run through the midfield

Is it just me or does our team on paper at least look really strong?

My girl Grace Egan to make the AFLW All Australian team too.
Looks strong, funny that not many outside of Richmond giving us a chance for the win this week. Prove them wrong.

D'arcy on the Wing my only wince. Definitely be swapping her and Wicksteed, getting Wicksteed to be flashing from the centre bounce and have her at every stoppage possible. Reckon within weeks she'll be dishing it out to Conti and McKenzie with regularity.

We gave Brisbane a really good show last time we played them... We can beat them, but it's going to take a quality game from our lesser-lights on top of the stars/better-players playing quite well.

We gave Brisbane a really good show last time we played them... We can beat them, but it's going to take a quality game from our lesser-lights on top of the stars/better-players playing quite well.
These lesser lights, yeah thought new recruits would have made the starting side even though they are picked on the I/C. Watched a couple of games and thought another season improvement but it was much the same. How is that Fredrick still playing just plods around.

It’ll be interesting to see how they play DDavidson now there’s not the best marking forward in their team.
Maybe that’s why Darcy is on the flank, try and stop her marking down the line.
Bris don’t look as hard and strong physically, Bates is a massive player
16 tackles last night but they are a very organised team and have been for a long time.

I reckon Ellie Mac might be licking her lips about this season, hope she bully’s em.

Brenna kicks 3
Tiges by 5pts

GO TIGES!!!

Stunned Wicksteed not in the starting 22 - may have niggle of some kind perhaps, or not up to it quite yet. She looks every bit the part, even in the a quiet appearance against GWS, still did a couple of things that separated her from the pack of McDonald, Reid, D'Arcy. Not putting those girls down in any way, just think Wicksteed has shown enough to be ahead.

With ya #Cdog71 - think Ellie would be looking to this season with absolute delight with the players she now has around her.

Is it just me or does our team on paper at least look really strong?

My girl Grace Egan to make the AFLW All Australian team too.
I really think we’re a sneaky chance , I gotta say , watching a couple of games the std has def gone up a notch which is great , seems to be less of the tail Enders that fk up a passage of play with dropped marks and mongrel kicks , last nights game was excellent,,,so I’m hoping we too can step up

Stunned Wicksteed not in the starting 22 - may have niggle of some kind perhaps, or not up to it quite yet. She looks every bit the part, even in the a quiet appearance against GWS, still did a couple of things that separated her from the pack of McDonald, Reid, D'Arcy. Not putting those girls down in any way, just think Wicksteed has shown enough to be ahead.

With ya #Cdog71 - think Ellie would be looking to this season with absolute delight with the players she now has around her.
Yea McDonald Darcy and lynch all need to play better than what I’ve seen before to hold out others coming thru

These lesser lights, yeah thought new recruits would have made the starting side even though they are picked on the I/C. Watched a couple of games and thought another season improvement but it was much the same. How is that Fredrick still playing just plods around.
She’s not our problem

fml, wicksteed was on the extended bench or something so was hoping she'd get the call up

i need to stop having new players i want to watch, first charley ryan & now wicksteed..

in other news i really want to watch the lions' best player...;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back