Prediction Round 15: Changes Vs Carlton + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hughes has actually been solid the past two weeks.
Acres out hurts. Heā€™s really influential on the wing. Aish will have to move into that spot.

In-
Tabs- no Weitering. Absolutely have to play Logue, Lobb and Tabs

Frederick- will be breathing fire.

Tucker- canā€™t see anyone else playing ahead of him for Acres

Chapman- if 100% fit.

Out-
Banfield (sub)

Hughes- unlucky, will have to make way for Chapman.

Acres

Welp, we all sort of knew Banfield would have a down game after last week, catch ya later son.

OUT: Banfield, Hughes, Acres (Injured)
IN: Frederick, Chapman, probably Tucker

Is Tabs going to be available? If so, maybe also drop (or rest if you like) Mundy and keep Fyfe full time mid.

Carlton will be a very very tough game.

I would move Logue to the backline because Carltank have a tall forwardline. Move Chapman forward just for this game to cover for Logue. Freddy for Banners.

Carlton will be a very very tough game.

I would move Logue to the backline because Carltank have a tall forwardline. Move Chapman forward just for this game to cover for Logue. Freddy for Banners.

Youā€™re just moving defenders aroundā€¦ makes no senseā€¦

Tabs for Banfield
Chapman for Hughes
Freddie for Acres

Youā€™re just moving defenders aroundā€¦ makes no senseā€¦

Tabs for Banfield
Chapman for Hughes
Freddie for Acres
It makes perfect sense. We need Logue to shut down Curnow. We need Chapman in the best 22. We also need Freddy and Tabs back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ron burgundy GIF
Gee a bit early for prediction talk given the bye. Can't we just bath in eagle and hawk tears for 7 days while just walking into conversations with massive erections and not saying a word??

Out: Acres, Banfield and Hughes

In: Tucker, Frederick and Taberner

Ryan Pearce Walker
Young Cox Clark
Aish Brayshaw Tucker
Fred Lobb Switkowski
Logue Taberner Schultz

Darcy Serong Brodie

Fyfe Walters Colyer Mundy

Sub: Erasmus

Aish and Logue to provide 7th defender minutes.

As a general comment, Fyfe and Mundy should not be permitted to play unaccountable footy. If they are not capable of performing the defensive running that that requires then they should a) not attend the same stoppages and b) spend a lot of time forward.

Could Banfield replace Acres on the wing? Similar size & build. I would think they would have similar athleticism.

No, heā€™s too hesitant. The further up the ground he is the more of a liability he is. Too often he marks up the ground and if he thought a bit faster or trusted his instincts more heā€™d pull the trigger but he doesnā€™t and holds up play while the opposition streams past him into position

Just quietly would love to see Worner get a run on the wing in the AFL... Tucker was dropped for a reason and I don't think there's much evidence to suggest he's going to be far and away better than Worner - immediately or in the future. I am not saying Worner has lit up the WAFL by any means but has been very consistent. I would love to give Liam Henry another chance right now but I don't think he's been consistent enough at WAFL level to be going again just yet.

Loved Hughesy last two weeks, but out for Tabs so Logue can go back and do another shut down job on Curnow.

Banfeild back to medi sub to make way for Freddy.

Acers is the hard one. Been watching him closely the last month and his effort to cover lines on the switch and get back as an extra in defense going to be hard to replace. Can not understate how impactful heā€™s been. Watching him crunch people late into the contests been great to see too.
Tucker seems the likely replacement.
Shame NODs out also, and Worner probably not ready yet

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back