Multiplat Rocket League

Remove this Banner Ad

And some tournament and non tournament highlights :D

A dribble finish goal

A regulation save

A 1-2 combination finish

A save on the goal line, the auto cam looked better, but here's the close up camera version :p

One of my other bread and butter shots, hit the ball on an angle off the wall, then follow it and tap it in to the goal, a zig zag method without having to do a figure 8 move around bamboozled opponents :p

A defending block, turns into a miraculous goal from the goal line :p

Faark this game😁on verge of 2v2 diamond then it decides to pair me up with clueless goalie cheapshot faarkin gold hangbackerers🥴😂

Another Friday night
Another 3 v 3 tournament victory :p

SfYuh50.png

Smashed the opposing teams from r1 onward, the only challenge came in the first leg of the final, which we only just won 5 - 4 in extra time. Three of their four goals were our mistakes (2 tapped in by another teammate, 1 from my own stupid lobbing ball defence).

WHAT A SAVE

GOALS GOALS GOALS

Last edited:
I laughed at this goal

Doubly more so because they scored a goal against us that was near identical.
And it also led to my teammate quitting the match (even though we were now just 1 - 1).

I still competed well and had far more scoring shots than the opposition, and only just lost the match itself.

lol you just cut right in front of your teammate to score

Amazing the skill disparity from just 1 rank to the next. That is wild.

I had three other matches that were similar (matched up with different players) where the "tactics" were eerily similar, in that instead of launching a flying defence, everyone was just one tap jumping to try and block/deflect the ball. Obviously if you're going in on the attack in that instance it's a certain goal unless the attacker is shooting wildly.

I had three other matches that were similar (matched up with different players) where the "tactics" were eerily similar, in that instead of launching a flying defence, everyone was just one tap jumping to try and block/deflect the ball. Obviously if you're going in on the attack in that instance it's a certain goal unless the attacker is shooting wildly.

Nothing to do with tactics, just absolute s**t basics 😂

Nothing to do with tactics, just absolute s**t basics 😂

Sometimes the KISS approach works better than just lunging at the ball in hope, there have been many times where I've over commited and failed to do what I was (hoping) to do in my mind. Whereas if I am a bit more methodical and think before playing on instinct - you can often catch out those that just go balls out and cleanly take then deal with the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your profile winning percentage is a symptom of the absolute mugs you are playing against 😅

including the diamond and champion ranked players that I've faced AND beaten by playing smart and not taking silly risks ;)

Also last night - 3 Friday night tournament wins in a row ;) :p

gTiuFFq.png

Last edited:
QXHirAu.png

A Christmas night 3 v 3 tournament victory <3 :D :D :D

Played on the Xbox and for once everything just clicked into place, good server connection + in game movement not being "tank like" = I can play the game more naturally like I do on the Switch/PC/Playstation. Knowing how/where the ball is going to land and thus the right angle the car has to be in to get the desired result + the server behaving as it should (and not losing every single 1 on 1 contest for the ball), nailing every shot without making a mistake is glorious. Nailed a few Buddy style goals on the angle AND even did a few trick shots (rotate and float the car round in the air and hit the ball through on the back bumper instead of the front). I was a very happy camper!

Best thing was we were not really challenged until the final itself, most games were very convincing wins. The first leg of the final was hotly contested, but we came out stronger. The second leg was even more close, we went goal for goal and it was eventually decided in overtime. Luckily we gained the upper hand and scored the winning goal, giving us the tournament win. Had about 13 more goals in the scoring table than the team that finished in second place as well.

tncZvDX.png

Had a bit of a barny tonight with the people I was paired with on the 3 v 3 tournament tonight. The back story, I cracked it when the person telling ME to get good in the screenshot, scored an own goal - and it wasn't even a deflected own goal, it was a direct shot own goal!

When I did the standard DEFENDING quick chat, the person tells me my score (which at the time was...... 36 lol).
So I replied (in a very mature manner) "for that comment the game just became 4 vs 2", while I was busy typing up my witty reply we did get scored against (oops lol).

I recovered enough to stay in goal and contribute with a few key blocks and ball clears, even scoring a goal.
At the time of the persons comment to the end of the match the score of that person barely went up, while I racked up an extra 184 points!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back