Multiplat Rocket League

Remove this Banner Ad

They are there, I'm not the only one that has experienced the on rails bug where the car takes an eternity to turn moreso than normal.

And the issue on pc, it's like it suffers from bad collision detection at times -

When this happens on console, the cars don't react in the same fashion, also at times when a collision like this occurs on pc - the ball ping pong's itself out which is truly bizarre.

Sounds like a network issue, I've never experienced this on console or PC (outside of obvious server side issues)

Sounds like a network issue, I've never experienced this on console or PC (outside of obvious server side issues)

The on rail bug I get almost exclusively on Xbox, I've had it on Playstation a few times (and PC on rare occasions, but PC is a very easy fix, the console versions need to effectively wait and see if it sorts itself out).

The clipping and collision detection on pc is weird, I'd consider it the optimal version outside of it happening (pc master race :p).

3jf8RpK.png

Made the final in tonights tournament, promptly lost it (essentially 6 goals - 0 across both matches).
We did very well in the games leading up to it, and as you can see I was a goal saving machine :p

A few goals - these two were scored one after the other, both in similar positions :p

XkDcvCv.png

Backstory: I was designated goalie for most of the 3 v 3 match and Bags242 kept trying to take me out of the goal line for 3 minutes of it. The user did demo me a few times, but I was able to jump or slide away from most of the attempts. The match winning goal came where their goal was unguarded during one of their forward strikes, I saved the goal AND in the same sequence the ball sailed in the air and a goal was scored for us winning the game!!

He started off with the rude goal camper comments, I responded with the what a save a few times... that escalated it a bit more.

Ultimate irony is that I usually get called a ball chaser from time to time. But never been called a goal camper :p
Love a good rage.

Saturday night 3 v 3 tournament victory

uTlcVBO.png

Did it on the Xbox where I'm still having issues with the handling of the car in game. Game by game the controls are either stiff and tank-like, or too loose (over-steer city) and I have to modify my game style as a result. Didn't contribute a lot goals-wise, when I scored it was either goal 1 of the game... or a junk time goal where the result was already known and I'd get a lucky goal at the end.

Did reasonably well with assists and saves, until the final I was leading the assists tally. The final itself was like 1st vs 4th (us), funny thing is the team that was first only had 2 players vs our 3. Yet they were so dominant thanks to one player being pretty decent (and thus that teams main goal scoring machine). We got slaughtered in game 1, game 2 was heading in that direction but we re-grouped mid match and started dominating the play ourselves. To prevent any last minute fight backs, I played dirty and kept targeting the higher ranked opponent. In the deciding match it was pretty tight for a few minutes but we'd end up scoring from a lot of our forward entries. Whereas they had 12+ shots on goal (by the end of the game) but only 2 were successful, the rest were either false hope spray shots or we defended them away from the goal.

Love a good rage.

You'll love this one:

vYfYp5k.png

Backstory: It was actually pretty civil throughout the final, I did get carried away at the end with the yesss omg omg omg. I just couldn't believe we won after nearly coughing it up in both legs of the final itself (we blitzed the early rounds.... but I got hit by major lag spikes in the semi final and final, negating my output somewhat).

Waiting for the stats to update (sometimes it takes a few minutes/hours after the final for it to be accurate). But I had 6 goals in the first two rounds - then kinda went quiet for the rest of the tournament. It's currently saying 8 goals, but I scored more in the QF, SF and leg one of the final.

Second tournament win inside 5 days - this time on pc!

You'll love this one:

vYfYp5k.png

Backstory: It was actually pretty civil throughout the final, I did get carried away at the end with the yesss omg omg omg. I just couldn't believe we won after nearly coughing it up in both legs of the final itself (we blitzed the early rounds.... but I got hit by major lag spikes in the semi final and final, negating my output somewhat).

Waiting for the stats to update (sometimes it takes a few minutes/hours after the final for it to be accurate). But I had 6 goals in the first two rounds - then kinda went quiet for the rest of the tournament. It's currently saying 8 goals, but I scored more in the QF, SF and leg one of the final.

Second tournament win inside 5 days - this time on pc!
Myself Camros2 and RossFC are a bit more toxic lol but I love the fk u before leaving straight away absolute gold.

Managed to get back to champ 1 in 2's, pretty happy with that considering I can get one session in every week at best. I have all my old skills locked down but just don't have time to learn anything new. Hoping to push up towards C2 before the end of the season.

If anyone is around D3-C2 level and needs someone I am available, I don't take it seriously anymore but I enjoy playing competitive games at my level

Managed to get back to champ 1 in 2's, pretty happy with that considering I can get one session in every week at best. I have all my old skills locked down but just don't have time to learn anything new. Hoping to push up towards C2 before the end of the season.

If anyone is around D3-C2 level and needs someone I am available, I don't take it seriously anymore but I enjoy playing competitive games at my level

Pretty much my level. D3 -> C1 mainly, but have snuck up to C2 every now and then (and down to D2 when on bad runs)

picko_99 on PS5

Tonight I elected to play some Rocket League on the Playstation. Now my experience on PS5 can be relatively hit or miss, not so much for server lag/tank bug reasons..... I put it down to how I perform with the Dual Sense controller. Sometimes my reaction time is bang on, sometimes it isn't - and I have to make up for those shortcomings and so much more :p. Depending on the game I do struggle a bit with the dual sense controller, mostly in how I grip it and thus it's like fighting a losing battle (fighting and driving games are fine, shooters and other quick reflex games like Rocket League can be a bit of a struggle).

Anyway settled in for some action in a 3 v 3 tournament, I noticed the two people I was paired with were a bit more kamikaze in their style (all attack, struggle in defence). I decided mid match 1 that I'd be designated goalie and stay in goal 90% of the time, let them go for broke in attack (granted I think they wanted to do it all and they'd jump in defence as well, which led to a few mishaps because we'd all go for the same ball).

I don't think they appreciated my quick chat banter. I don't do it out of malice, I do it as a reaction to the game that's unfolding as we play. As I've said before I'll do what a save when there's a genuinely good save attempt, but I'll also use it when there's a big blunder (usually at my own expense, sometimes a teammate as well).

Here's some screenshots of the text exchanges throughout the tournament.

2HOdD7j.png

As you can see they were not impressed with my behaviour, and my penchant for topping up on boost when I felt I was low on it. They also said they were carrying me (which was kind of true for a few games, but I snapped out of my funk and even outscored them in some games!!).

One match where they pot shotted me, so in the party chat I said "stay tuned, I'll score 6 goals and carry both of you in the next game". I think they decided to hang back and see if I'd deliver or fail to deliver (I failed to deliver big time lol). I was struggling controlling the car, let alone getting into the proper positions for the ball for a few games, so I wasn't as agile as I could be. I had a few "reflex" moves that ended up back firing and scoring own goals. So much so both reported me for intentionally throwing the match, when I swear they were not done on purpose (if I was going to intentionally score goals for the other team I'd literally steal the ball and directly shoot it in our goal!!). I'd leap up to defend the ball in our defensive half, instead of the ball landing on the front of the car, it bounced on the windshield or top of the roof in the other instance and go airborne behind me not in front :-/.

WjUJVy5.png

Funny thing is, while there were moments where I thought they too were setting me up to fail and look bad, we still never lost a match and won the tournament :p

JgrKvDP.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

h7PH7up.png

Another tournament victory :D
The only match we struggled (and almost bloody lost) was the first match, took a bit to work together and focusing on our strengths. But round 2 - and the final series itself we just smashed every team. Scoring 5-6+ goals a match, the second leg of the final was a bit tense as we started slow, while the opposition got off to a better start and looked much more threatening. Then we just piled on 4 goals in a row to secure the victory. Top of the goal scoring table and I even contributed to it in a "fair" manner (scores of 3, 4, 3, 4, 2 and 1)

Had a funny moment during the semi final lead up, 2 out of the 3 cars in the opposition team were KITT from Knight Rider, I got excited (yet nervous) as I thought they'd be tougher opposition than they actually were. Some of the goals I scored were very easy and unguarded goals :p

M4mLk4q.png

Have only had a handful of games over the last week, jumped into a tournament after a break of 5ish days or so. Bit rusty but got my groove back early on, stayed back in defence to try and generate plays that would help the team score. Was having a nightmare game in one match - 50 points with not long to go, then it kinda clicked into place (and the other team just lost the plot lol).

My first goal came from a defensive block, jumped up and clipped the ball forward.... it wasn't the usual sky high ball, but it lofted enough to the opposing end and one bounce, it went in for a goal :D. Other team were not near their end to get rid of the ball. Would say it was just about my goal of the year (couldn't save the match replay for some reason grr).

Third goal was the result of clever timing with the ball, had control of it went in one direction then as an opponent came at me, I switched angles, leading to them shooting past me, then I re-angled the car + ball AND nudged it in for a goal.

Another tournament victory

alarpeb.png

Did it against the odds tonight, had the heavy car bug occur from round 2 onward - meaning it was neigh on impossible to control the ball with turns, so most of my forward thrusts were just dead straight movement (and with boost, not with the accelerator). Managed to score some cool goals. While also getting some great saves and throughout the tournament would set the ball up (averaged 4 assists a match!).

A snapshot of my Rocket League stats throughout the year
Top - January
Middle - September
Bottom - December

5OEFwCK.png

Became an assist and goal saving machine recently :p
Was doing horribly win/loss wise, but have really turned the corner from late October through to now. Had an 18 game winning streak at one point!

My stats on Xbox are far worse due to battling lag, stuck in mud/slow turning truck syndrome :-/. Although I've gone from 0.98 to 1.0 with Assists so that's a bonus I guess :p

I still will never work out how your win percentage is that high while still being so low rank.

It does explain all your highlights being against absolutely awful players though 😅

I still will never work out how your win percentage is that high while still being so low rank.

It does explain all your highlights being against absolutely awful players though 😅

Well aside from tournaments, most of my 1v1/2v2/3v3 matches have been in casual playlists. I am aware there's a "form" of SBMM in both casual and competitive.

That said (as always) my Xbox stats are horrible and probably more true to my lifetime skill in the game (59%).
I've been tempted to start a whole new Playstation profile just to try and maintain a RL win % between 80-100 like I had pre Epic account merge on the Switch version.

And I've also outsmarted many diamond, grand champion "tournament winners" that I've gone up against solo :p

Well aside from tournaments, most of my 1v1/2v2/3v3 matches have been in casual playlists. I am aware there's a "form" of SBMM in both casual and competitive.

That said (as always) my Xbox stats are horrible and probably more true to my lifetime skill in the game (59%).
I've been tempted to start a whole new Playstation profile just to try and maintain a RL win % between 80-100 like I had pre Epic account merge on the Switch version.

And I've also outsmarted many diamond, grand champion "tournament winners" that I've gone up against solo :p

I don't think stats are a good guide to your skill. Your stats would suggest you are top tier player, but you are clearly middle of the pack from your footage.

I guess if you only play casual perhaps your MMR doesn't shift as much?

59% isn't horrible btw, that would be considered very good if you actually played ranked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back