Multiplat Rocket League

Remove this Banner Ad

It's raining goals!!

I've got to pay you some respect, because i've just come back to RL after a few years off and I remember you posting a few years ago on here and i've seen that you're still going strong. If I can give some honest feedback, you are posting goals that wouldn't have been impressive 5 years ago. You aren't even using air roll to land my man! haha

However I mean this sincerely, as long as you're having fun then keep on going strong :D

I've got to pay you some respect, because i've just come back to RL after a few years off and I remember you posting a few years ago on here and i've seen that you're still going strong. If I can give some honest feedback, you are posting goals that wouldn't have been impressive 5 years ago. You aren't even using air roll to land my man! haha

However I mean this sincerely, as long as you're having fun then keep on going strong :D

Haha I know RL is like my main game, still enjoy it even though my skill doesn't improve much. My tactics vary depending on platform and opponent.

Whats strange is that I can air roll properly on one, but get the timing wrong on another (so instead of connecting with the ball, I'm just hitting air).

Haha I know RL is like my main game, still enjoy it even though my skill doesn't improve much. My tactics vary depending on platform and opponent.

Whats strange is that I can air roll properly on one, but get the timing wrong on another (so instead of connecting with the ball, I'm just hitting air).

It's my favourite game because you can come back to it and not need anything but your skill! No meta weapons, no DLC, no new heroes/characters, just you and your ability. Glad to see you still love it, it's one of the all time great games

First proper session back in a while, nothing special but felt nice to dunk him. We are closing in on champ 2 and are still winning regularly, which is about where we were before. We haven't played properly since they added Supersonic so I think this is more like Diamond now?

Attachments

• 480ec554-aab8-48f7-ab55-29524d3a85fa (1) (1) (1).mp4
    2.1 MB
my favourite goals are when you pass off to a teammate and demo the heck outta the goalie and teammate rolls it in

or long shots with the Merc

Tonight's chat lol

5Ky7BR0.png

First chat screen on the left was after a series of events. Basically as under 40 in points having a stinker 2 minutes into the game.
In a miraculous turn of events, I went from the back half, weaved through the traffic of two defenders, used the wall and launched the ball, which bounced through the goal Which then inspired the "fluke goal" comment. About a minute after that, I scored another goal on a counter attack play when the other team tried to score a goal but missed. So being quick witted I said "I lied, I did it again" :p

The second screenshot was in the same team. My two other teammates just weren't getting along, one potting another player's skill level constantly in every match. The other teammate calling the insulting teammate toxic etc etc etc. When the teammate accused the other teammate about being crap at the game, I went to my own defence and just blamed my controller (on pc when it starts going flat, I don't have the same amount of control). But alas he wasn't referring to me!

They both decided that we were not going to win the game (second leg of the tournament semi final) and they both took it in turns to score goals for the opposition. Which then inspired me next "joke" of saying we would have won is both of my teammates weren't fighting like it was Hulk Hogan v Andre the giant.

Made the other team laugh throughout which was a bonus.

Since I was asked to post more highlights, here are just a select few (yes I could have posted far more than I have right now, but couldn't be arsed logging on to the xbox nor playstation to grab the other saved videos from last week lol). This is only 5 from pc, whittled down from a list of 30!!! Count yourselves lucky all of them weren't posted hahaha.

As with the AFL thread, you can choose to look at them or not :p

Had a ripper of a 2 v 2 tournament tonight.
Made it to the semi final where every game was us playing catch up, yet still being able to win. Round 2 was hilarious, we were gradually 0 - 3 down (and stayed that way for the majority of the match). We were being trolled hardcore because of the scoreline, until magic started happening and we started to score. We got it to 3 - 3 with 20 seconds left to play (1 goal was a legitimate rocket shot, the other two were clever strikes of the ball, but they failed to defend adequately - ball deflected off them and went into the goal). Overtime was a straight, center clearance, to wall dribble - I nudged the ball off the wall for the teammate to score.

The QF went similar, we were behind for most of the match (only 0 - 1 this time lol), we managed to score with less than a minute to go. The other team just gave up and we piled on more goals before time ran out.

Here's where it gets disappointing, my teammate abandoned the semi final after we went 0 - 1 down in the first 20 seconds. I played out the game as I thought I'd be a slight chance (was hitting the ball wall and defending okish). Got thumped in the second leg. The bizarre part - I went back to the main menu and the teammate who just left the match without saying anything was still in the "party" - I was like what the hell ?

Had a standard 2 v 2 match later on, we were doing really well, I was on fire scoring 4 goals. I even managed a slight dig (which backfired as we ended up losing lol) something along the lines of "buy tickets to the Xtreme show". One opposition player left, a new one joined and started belting us :(. We ended up losing 5 - 6 in overtime.

---EDIT--- Another greatest goal of all time :p

** A previous goal I scored in the same match. I basically hit the ball and allowed it to ride the wall to the goal.... and it went in (both opponents tried to block it but it bounced off their car and boom goal scored).

Last edited:
Went HAM last night whilst teaming up with RossFC and Camros2 put in 13 goals in 3 games and score in 15 consecutive games.

Has anyone else had a run like that or even better?

Didn't print screen the 3rd game because you "only" had 3 goals haha
1694047476847.png 1694047526675.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a few matches in between the elimination final AND other things............

One match was a bit chaotic - both teams made a few key errors that led to goals. One such instance where I went to defend a shot at goal, but the other non scoring teammate from the opposition charged at me and bumped me off the ball line, thus the shot at goal went through. I was annoyed and let them know it might be legal in the game but it was a dirty move considering we largely played fair beforehand.

Match went into overtime and I managed to score the winning goal :D

And led to the chat text

hmN6Pub.png

I laughed :D

hwFerDM.png

Had a ripper tournament, did well early on and only had issues in the semi final. It was 1st (them) vs 7th (us) lol. They demolished us in the first leg, yet we re-grouped and smashed them in leg's 2 and 3. In the final it was 1st (them) vs 2nd (us). We were outclassed, almost won both legs but a few key slip ups and we lost by a goal in each leg.

Shot of the tournament :p

XkDcvCv.png

Backstory: I was designated goalie for most of the 3 v 3 match and Bags242 kept trying to take me out of the goal line for 3 minutes of it. The user did demo me a few times, but I was able to jump or slide away from most of the attempts. The match winning goal came where their goal was unguarded during one of their forward strikes, I saved the goal AND in the same sequence the ball sailed in the air and a goal was scored for us winning the game!!

He started off with the rude goal camper comments, I responded with the what a save a few times... that escalated it a bit more.

Ultimate irony is that I usually get called a ball chaser from time to time. But never been called a goal camper :p

I lost 3v3 Grand Final last night. with 1 teammate. we were a force until the end. other guy dropped out before we played a second with him.

Had a 2v2 oppo player timed out so we 2v1 n still lost in an o/t game - faark it good when you win against 2 but jeez shouldn't really lose being 1 up and we did-had the most shittiest tm8 and they knew it as they quit straight away before I could hang chit on the useless khhunt😂

3 v 3 tournament

Almost won it, made it to the finals without much issue. Including destroying the team that were 1st on the team score table (ahead of us by 15 goals). So it became 2nd vs 3rd, we easily won the first leg, narrowly lost the second. And heartbreakingly lost the third. The main issue that became apparent the more we were challenged in a few matches were not trusting each other in key moments and key areas. Being caught out in wrong positions BUT also bumping each other just to be the one that clears the ball.

I was second on the goals scored table, because (being on pc making it slightly easier) I knew the positions to be in, the correct angle of the car vs the ball when it was in the air in certain spots, leading to "regulation goals".

Anyway here's one shot of the tournament :p

I genuinely can't believe that isn't Bronze. They look like it's their first ever game.

That was a platinum tournament as well lol.

Fundamentally it's the same game but for me there are a few subtle differences on every platform. On Nintendo Switch (with much thanks to the pro controller) despite the frame rate difference, I have better control of the car in air and on the ground. I'm dribbling cleaner, able to catch the airborne ball and do something with it on impact (do my own alley-oops, or tap the ball in air then spike it volleyball style).

On Xbox it varies but I can play semi decently when not hit by the car stiffness/on rails bug.

Playstation is hit and miss, I find the DualSense controller too unstable for the quick reactions needed for the game (the turning of the car). But also there's something that makes the boost drain faster than it naturally should (100 to 0 in the blink of an eye).

PC there's something not quite right, feels like a collision detection problem between the cars and the ball at times. Will try and record am in game session to demonstrate what I am referring to.

Also find that car selection plays a role in performance. Lately I've been using the Fennec across all versions, gives me a better balance of attack and defence, despite having a smaller body.

That was a platinum tournament as well lol.

Fundamentally it's the same game but for me there are a few subtle differences on every platform. On Nintendo Switch (with much thanks to the pro controller) despite the frame rate difference, I have better control of the car in air and on the ground. I'm dribbling cleaner, able to catch the airborne ball and do something with it on impact (do my own alley-oops, or tap the ball in air then spike it volleyball style).

On Xbox it varies but I can play semi decently when not hit by the car stiffness/on rails bug.

Playstation is hit and miss, I find the DualSense controller too unstable for the quick reactions needed for the game (the turning of the car). But also there's something that makes the boost drain faster than it naturally should (100 to 0 in the blink of an eye).

PC there's something not quite right, feels like a collision detection problem between the cars and the ball at times. Will try and record am in game session to demonstrate what I am referring to.

Also find that car selection plays a role in performance. Lately I've been using the Fennec across all versions, gives me a better balance of attack and defence, despite having a smaller body.

Mate you need to lay off the shrooms, you are seeing things that just aren't there 😅

Mate you need to lay off the shrooms, you are seeing things that just aren't there 😅

They are there, I'm not the only one that has experienced the on rails bug where the car takes an eternity to turn moreso than normal.

And the issue on pc, it's like it suffers from bad collision detection at times -

When this happens on console, the cars don't react in the same fashion, also at times when a collision like this occurs on pc - the ball ping pong's itself out which is truly bizarre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back