Food & Drink Recipe Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

For health reasons I have had to ditch chick peas, raw tomatoes, citrus beyond peel, asparagus, all crustaceans, red meat meat and offal which I love. I have drastically scaled back on lentils which I cannot bear to wean myself off. The fave ex MsH who I often cook for has really bad coeliac’s disease.

This is making cooking a pain finding things we find appetising. I am moving away from my beloved curries. A while ago I had a crack at some West African food, a feature of which is using finely ground peanuts (I add cashews as well) and spiced up yoghurt to case chook thighs and pork ribs and some veg (worked with fennel and Asian greens as well as pumpkin slices). Gunna have a go in the next fortnight and report on outcomes.

Beyond that I will do some sousing and some Cajun, French and Italian. It sounds ridiculous but appetising food is an imperative to keep us ancients eating and weight on.

GUH, try this website Supercook: recipe search by ingredients you have at home

You list your ingredients and it suggests some recipes from that list.

looks yum! I am lucky to get occasional access to some home made kimchi and Korean cooking.
Had Korean BBQ the other day. Worked out about $35 a head for 6 of us- and we plowed through a heap. Then we rocked across the road the the local deli and picked up a bulgogi and kimchi from the local deli to cook up later. Yum.

Looks delish Millky95 , what brand did you use for the whey?

OMG that bloke just did the worst ever Australian accent I've ever heard.:oops:
I used Nature's Way vanilla plant protein cause it is what we had in the house

Pretty sure it became a NZ accent by the end haha

I would defs going to Ramadan Nights in Lakemba, awesome atmosphere & delicious food. My fav is a chicken wrap, the bread is like burrito but lighter & the filling is spicy but not overpowering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cooking is not my thing.
If you visit, well there are some local cafes/restaurant and take-aways. Just preferable for you that you do not stay more than three nights :)
Friends are encouraging me to cook and just invite themselves around.
Thank goodness for the support of friends.
I'm learning from RecipeTin Eats - A Food Blog Serving Up Quick & Easy Dinner Recipes.
Last night's menu:
with roasted cherry tomatoes​
Air Fryer broccoli with oil, garlic and cheese​

Cooking is not my thing.
If you visit, well there are some local cafes/restaurant and take-aways. Just preferable for you that you do not stay more than three nights :)
Friends are encouraging me to cook and just invite themselves around.
Thank goodness for the support of friends.
I'm learning from RecipeTin Eats - A Food Blog Serving Up Quick & Easy Dinner Recipes.
Last night's menu:
with roasted cherry tomatoes​
Air Fryer broccoli with oil, garlic and cheese​

fantastic!

I cant go the anchovies though. I can eat them but they are not my favourite.

lol… yep anchovies are an acquired taste in this form, but otherwise in stews and even Asian hotpots they add depthto flavour

I am also experimenting with baked cheesy artichoke pasta and the same crisp prosciutto strips. Will probably be a fail… if a spectacular one will report.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back